PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:1 Everton

Post-match discussion

Sun, 15 December 2019

spiriticon

Predictably impotent.

And it will be the same for the next 2-3 matches.

432JuanMata

It was Everton so we didn’t game raise so it was a standard performance from this season

acnumber9

Too pedestrian again. Too slow to bring Greenwood on when it was clear he was needed. Shite result when we have a chance to put some pressure on Chelsea. Sums up our problems.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Garbage. Bunch of shits the lot of them. Nothing but game raisers. Like a championship team getting a big tie in a cup, they can do it in big games. Dog shit against lesser sides. Mentally poor. The same XI that controlled City couldn't handle the pressure of Everton. Poor. This squad is mentally incapable of pushing on from here.

space

Very frustrated, we should have finished them off with the momentum but our final ball kept letting us down. But in the end, I think we were unlucky today as well

HowYouDoin

We came to life when Greenwood came on which shows you Lingard was the weak link. Also Martial. Useless player. The sooner those two are replaced the better.
Shame Rashford didnt have the best game, ditto McTominay but at least we did look like the better teams.
Slight tweaks necessary. Dont wanna see Lingard or Martial playing again. Greenwood is now comfortably better than Martial

paulscholes18

Need a lot more on the ball from McTominay & Fred in these games.
Greenwood needs to start on the right and go 4-3-3

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
And that's the criticism of Ole. He absolutely deserves credit for getting results against the bigger teams, but he deserves criticism for his inability to break down a team that defends. Just can't do it.

Zen86

Feel like we need a proper bruiser of a centre forward for games like these. At times there was no one in the box.

Pennywise

Absolutely hopeless again from our team of game raisers. We'd be better with a statue up front than Martial. Pathetic stuff

Gasolin

Ole doesn't know how to win bread and butter football matches.

Averaging 1 point per game against the bottom 13 teams is our future now, with him in charge. Awful.
But wait a minute. Were Rashford and James supposed to miss their chances? Was Lindelof supposed to score against our own goal?

Galinha

Best game from AWB, what a nearly perfect game from him and Greenwood will be worldclass.. Mata sub is the biggest joke ever, he is totally lost, the game is way too fast for him.

Maguire is once again.. just decent..

Patrick220571

We seem to be game raising barstewards.

Six points dropped against Everton, Villa and Sheff Utd, sandwiched either side of victories over Spurs and City. No point doing the hard work and then throwing it all away.

OneUnited24

Poor game from Mctom today. Front three looked out of sorts. No service to them apart from Fred.

Guess we still aren’t good against teams that sit but given the number of players out of sorts today it’s not surprising. Also surely a arm across the keeper is a foul? DDG should have been stronger but who was reviewing var. can’t have been a ref they usually blow for that

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Annoying game. They didn't make any chances and their goal shouldn't have stood. Most of our players didn't do much. Rashford was alright. Martial did nothing, Lingard quiet, James was shit, McTominay and Fred were ok in midfield but no creativity which is the recurring issue, our back 4 was fine but the fullbacks offer nothing going forward. Need an upgrade at left back in terms of attacking, because with Wan Bissaka at right back he's that good on his side that we need to do more on the other side.

Standard though. Sit back and we struggle to break down teams.

El Zoido

Bad individual performances, particularly McT and Lindelof. Crossing and shooting is terrible, decision making in the final third is godawful. Constant shooting instead of passing, or misplacing a pass. Lingard and Martial are shite. Too many passengers.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Why am I always surprised to hear a Scottish accent out of Duncan Ferguson's mouth??

I always think of him as a scouser.

Nr.7

As soon as I saw who’s the referee I knew we’d get robbed. VAR is a joke.

And so is Lindelof. He gets bullied so easly. Disastorous defender.

We still struggle with consistency and with breaking teams down.

Greenwood is class.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Didn’t play as badly as we have done in other games this season, but yet again failed to break down a weaker side. We really need that type of player that knows what to do to break through. Pogba might become that when back.

HowYouDoin

Start Greenwood in the next game. Absolutely crap result.
True. Comfortably better than useless Martial. Greenwood has shown more improvement in last 2 months than Martial in his 4 years at United. Get rid. Also Lingard. Useless players.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Just start Greenwood in next PL game. That is all.

Pughnichi

That Mata substitution :lol:
madness. What did he honestly expect Mata to contribute in a game where the oppo are very physical.

he’d have been better putting Williams on at least for a bit of pace and perhaps an overlap

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
So yeah, the Liverpool/City games were not catalysts, just an example of United again stepping up against the big sides and being crap against mid and lower-table sides.

The front three were poor, McTominay was dreadful, AWB was outstanding again.

RedNed77

We’re currently 6th. Given the lack of money spent (net) in the summer and our young squad, we’re currently tracking perfectly for where I’d expect us to be. Young uns are going to be inconsistent. That game was inconsistency exemplified given our last two games.

Gasolin

Deserved to win. Story of most of these games. Greenwood is the real deal. Lingaed should have had us up 1-0 after 16 seconds.

Im looking forward to our squad being strengthened.

To be fair, we played 1-1 vs Manchester United today. Everton were barely participating

We gain on the 4th place which is whats impotant.
I think Haaland and Sancho will give us other options when Martial, James and Rashford or Lingard are not effective. For me, that's a positive and we have to go for them in Jan.

tob

Lame ass performance. We never really went for it after the equalizer, and I don't know why.

buckooo1978

back to earth with a bang

predictable really

Our players are incredibly flaky and only Greenwood showed the required level today

-Supreme-

Useless. Martial is the very definition of a fair weather player. Starting Lingard is like starting with 10 men but managers don’t seem to learn.
Martial was the only player today that tried to pull the attack together

jem

I think this game was yet another example of how much we miss Pogba (or at least a player of his level.) I love the work Fred and McTominay do, but they aren't exactly a creative hub. If that is being left to Lingard or Pereira, then we will struggle to create.

Man of the Match

Mason Greenwood image Mason Greenwood 44% of 269 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 275 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw