PL W FA Premier League

Everton 1:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 07 November 2020

Crashoutcassius

How is it possible we are so good away from home and so crap at home?

There aren't even any fans at Old Trafford to give pressure
It's a tiny sample size so possibly nothing in it, lots of tight games at home lately and today we just took our slight edge while we didn't at all versus a very defensive Chelsea

Riz

Fred and Maguire were great.

Bruno being Bruno, scores 2 and assists 1. Couldn’t care less if he was being wasteful on occasion - we‘re lost without his influence.

Rashford and Martial were pretty shit I thought especially Tony. Would like to see what Cavani can do when started now that he’s bagged his first.

RedIan

Far better performance today, played some nice fast passing football in snatches. dodgy defending early on but once we settled down The defence got a grip. Maguire was immense heading away crosses. We look more solid with Fred and McT holding midfield. Bruno brilliant, i really dont care if he gives the ball away, he creates so much and never stops working for the team... Oles job safe for another week.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Amazingly comfortable last 20 minutes for being 1-2 up away...Glad Cavani got a goal.

We’re such a weird team

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Cannot understand how we can play like we did today and play like we did on wednesday. Very good today.

I thought Mctomminah was immense as were Fred and the two CBs.

God you just dont know which united will turn up.

kentafuji

Pretty clear we are bettet without Pogba in the starting 11, just much more balanced.

Bruno and pogba can both be poor in possession and havibg them both start just causes too many problems

KristianMackle

I just wish Ole would be more consistent with his team selections. The lack of continuity is what creates inconsistent performances.

Foxbatt

Bruno, Fred, Shaw, Lindelof and Maguire were very good. Scott did his job. Martial and Rashford along with Mata were poor.

Toad

Thought Maguire had a really good game. Runner up for my man of the match obviously after Bruno. Should have one a penalty and was strong at the back for the best part, some really good forward balls as well.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Love these types of matches. I dont think I say down once in the last 30 minutes. Proper PL battle where you find out a lot about your players.

Ole went with his trusted lieutenants today and the performance was quite decent. An electric 10 minute spell won the game for us but we looked fairly dangerous for most of the game.

Bruno, Fred, Mct & Maguire were the stand out players. Maguire in fact was excellent IMO. One of his best games for the club.

So, on we go. Its not always great being a United fan, but its rarely boring.

wolvored

Great first half bit scrappy the second. I didnt expect a win here so a great result. We need to beat the Baggies next week as we seem to beat teams we should struggle against and lose to the easier on paper anyway. Would like to see Cavani on from the start instead of Martial. Martial could go left Rashford right, or vise versa. Although I cant see Ole taking us any further forward, it helped him in the short term as well. Everton after a bright start were very poor.

leontas

Probably a good time to start renovating OT if it means playing away from home all the time.

Good first half, energetic and passionate. Second half quite forgettable bar the Rashford chance and the Cavani goal. Our passing sometimes is horrendous - we give the ball away too easily. And our finishing is quite wasteful.

Good result. Still not convinced by Ole.

redom

Satisfying win that, wasn't sure how we were going to respond after going behind so it was nice to see the team step it up.

Maureen-yo

Bruno was brilliant but Fred was MOTM for me, played forwards, broke the lines, won nearly every duel and didn't stop running from start to finish.
Maguire was what we need him to be every week. Shaw was good until he went off too.

Happy with the result, let's carry this into UCL and then against WBA next weekend.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Pretty clear we are bettet without Pogba in the starting 11, just much more balanced.

Bruno and pogba can both be poor in possession and havibg them both start just causes too many problems
Its been clear since last seasom tbh.

12oskell

Good win.

Fred, Maguire, McT and Bruno (in spells): Great.

Martial, Rashford and Mata: Terrible.

Also special mention to Coleman, not sure why he suddenly thing he’s a hardman. Needed a United player to put him in his place today.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Nice. Great performance except early spell. Could have scored more.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Bruno was brilliant but Fred was MOTM for me, played forwards, broke the lines, won nearly every duel and didn't stop running from start to finish.
Maguire was what we need him to be every week. Shaw was good until he went off too.

Happy with the result, let's carry this into UCL and then against WBA next weekend.
International break.

passing-wind

How is it possible we are so good away from home and so crap at home?

There aren't even any fans at Old Trafford to give pressure
It's Ole is a pragmatic manager so excels against teams who attack us due to the opportunities from counter. When we are at home we have to take the front foot and that's why we always come up short. The fans make no difference because every team has no home support not just us.

lex talionis

Bruno the Magnificent carried us on his back today, but Maguire and Fred were also outstanding. Shaw and McTominay put in solid shifts too.

I’m actually less worried about Pogba than Martial, who was horrendous in all aspects of play today. And all season.

Cantona in disguise

Good result and we needed it. We never know which United will turn up. Ole is here now til at least Christmas and hopefully he can get us up the table.

space

Rashy and Tony were awful and Docoure should have scored at the end. But we played some good football at times. Bruno and Fred were good and Shaw played well (how he should play every week)

GMoore23

Enjoyed that. If we played with the same fight and desire at home we'd be top of the league

Superunknown

Much better performance compared to the last game. The spine of the team looked a lot stronger and we looked harder to break down...apart from the opening goal. Second half was comfortable, I thought.

We need to put some sort of protecting casing around Bruno. He is by far our best player and we struggle to do anything without him.

Ceteris

Good win for the team, however there are certain signs that aren't good.

Decision making at the top of the field is poor
Our work rate at the top stinks, how can Bruno pass Rashford and Martial to start a press and they just jog around?

Our passing is horrible, we get ourselves in awkward moments without any pressure at all

tjb

The one big difference,, we were purposely moving the ball quickly, even taking long keeper kicks instead of wasting time across the back line

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Good win. Everton were poor and we wasted so many chances to kill them off earlier. We are possibly the most frustrating team I’ve ever watched. So much potential talent yet we just constantly give the ball away in good positions. So many players who are capable of brilliance whilst at the same time do something Sunday league level 3 minutes later. Bruno encapsulates this more than anyone. Fantastic impact and output on games but he gives the ball away by being sloppy so much. 40 seconds left we have a freekick deep in Everton’s half and he just passes it straight to an Everton player...it’s just so draining watching us.

At the same time Rashford is still so inconsistent and Martial is in very worrying form. Without Bruno today we don’t win - those two were very poor.

delerium

From our midfielders, it seems that it's Fred and McTominay who you can trust, Pogba is the one who can help unlock defenses when they sit deep. So, Pogba seems to be best suited as an impact sub at the moment.

Good game overall, Lindelöf was suspect, Maguire was strong, Fernandes was a leader like always. Martial needs to pick it up, he blows so hot and cold. Not been impressed with him lately.

Man of the Match

Bruno Fernandes image Bruno Fernandes 77% of 351 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 330 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw