Liverpool (H)
Tottenham (A)
Atalanta (A)
Man City (H)
Watford (A)
Villareal (A)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (H)
Thats a proper nightmare given our current form. On current form we'll be mid table by the end of those league fixtures.

Withnail

That cesspit at one point reached 60% of posters wanting Ole out in 2019. Zero trophies later were they wrong? Or right.
Oh you're only interested in the poll?

The thread itself was a shitshow from start to finish but quite a few loonies got themselves banned so it wasn't all bad I suppose. '

sparx99

A run of games against better opposition who will come out and play might be just what we need. I certainly am not in fear of that run of games. We have a tendency to up our game as well. These slow starts and brain farts in defence against teams we should be beating are the problem.
Perhaps, the flip side is they may take 2-3 of the chances we are currently gifting teams.

Withnail

Perhaps, the flip side is they may take 2-3 of the chances we are currently gifting teams.
Yeah, I can see the danger and I may be wrong but as far as I recall we tend not to make those types of errors against better opposition.

We tend to have more concentration which makes the slip-ups against the lesser teams harder to bear.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So because our current one struggle in Europe, it's ok to go for one who also struggles just because he won a trophy last season that the majority here wouldn't accept that - winning it alone - wouldn't constitute as a successful season?

No thanks.

If we replace Ole, we have to bring in a proven winner of the biggest trophies.
Completely ignoring the context of the club Rodgers is at, though. Winning the FA cup and then the Community shield is a successful season for Leicester, I don’t see how that could be argued. I’m not saying I’d be desperate to get Rodgers, but I’d be happy if we gave him a go for sure

devips

I liked how United played today. Long may this continue.

There are still many more games to go. Do not despair.

Or do, if your passion is whining.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yeah, I can see the danger and I may be wrong but as far as I recall we tend not to make those types of errors against better opposition.

We tend to have more concentration which makes the slip-ups against the lesser teams harder to bear.
The surely that is bad preparation. It isn't just about the physical side, tactics, the mental attitude has to be right as well.

MrSingh2002

Oh you're only interested in the poll?

The thread itself was a shitshow from start to finish but quite a few loonies got themselves banned so it wasn't all bad I suppose. '
I'd like to canvas the forum for a split yes. If the mods allowed it.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I've never been on the Ole out team -- but it looks like he just can't juggle the squad because he's too dang nice or something. Why can't the team stay the same for a few weeks so they get used to each other?
- No set plays that work.
- Second half, nothing down the right for some reason. And no defenders on the left (maybe that was the reason).
- Pogba in hero mode when he came on. He has the capability, but maybe he shouldn't have come on today since he wasn't scoring or assisting.
- Still don't understand what the defense is doing, how they could possibly be cut out that often.
I'm right with you. Not Ole out but doubt is growing.

It's really strange we can control a match with 65% to 70% possession, create chances, and then let the opposition have a few very good chances. Something is off with our defense and I'm puzzled. Ten matches without a clean sheet says it all.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I said it as well yesterday that it would be a tough game and one poster then retorted that we should have it easy. Has he been living on another planet for the last three years. The reason why i expected it to be tough is going off how we have played the last two to three seasons.

With Guardiola and Klopp you know they will win three nil. With us we can win three nil or drop points as well.

It is time to look for a new manager IMO.

Yeaaat123

Anyone else getting sick of our Corners.?
We never look like scoring from them & tactically we look vulnerable to counter attacks from our own corners.
Definitely need more coaching in this area. Would be nice to see us mix it up more, maybe with the odd "short corner" or a clipped ball to the outside of the box for a long shot/volley.?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
What's funny about this season is, the defence has actually been good ironically. But we conceded week in and week out due to our midfielders and our shape.

Ole looks like he doesn't know what to do. What's becoming clear as well is that our attackers are individually very effective now. Greenwood has gone up levels, Sancho showed what he can consistently do today, Ronaldo is Ronaldo, Fernandes is Fernandes, Pogba has already shown earlier in the season how creative he can be, Cavani is still a deadly striker and Rashford is coming back. Yet the same lack of cohesiveness in attack exists. It's not just the midfield, there is something wrong in our approach play that makes it difficult to create clear cut chances. For me, it feels way too intricate. We're always trying quick one two's that don't come off. We 're looking to create crossing opportunities, but have only one person in the box. We never get in behind the opposition and yet we don't bombard them with quick approach play either.
the things that stand out for from your list is the lack of numbers in the box (often none when Cavani doesn't play) and the lack of getting behind - I had hope Sancho would solve this problem.

I watch The Big Match Revisted yesterday and they showed United vs Forest from 1979. I last count the number of times Steve Coppell and even Mickey Thomas got behind their (pretty good) defence and then picked out Joe Jordan. A the other end, Gordon McQueen was like a bloody rock

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Completely ignoring the context of the club Rodgers is at, though. Winning the FA cup and then the Community shield is a successful season for Leicester, I don’t see how that could be argued. I’m not saying I’d be desperate to get Rodgers, but I’d be happy if we gave him a go for sure
But he's had the context of a big club and failed? I'm only for getting a new manager in if he's an obvious upgrade on Ole.

I'm not saying that Rodgers is bad, but it's a sideways step on the decent manager we already have.

Esquire

McFreds fault we can't score? OK. Lucky deflection was all we had.
Newbie you do realise that midfield no matter how you defend it has been subpar for a few games now. Fred had every chance to shoulder Gary out of bounds at the beginning of that counter attack when they scored. Instead he got bounced off like a rag doll.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Thats a proper nightmare given our current form. On current form we'll be mid table by the end of those league fixtures.
We'll lose to Leicester and Liverpool - and very possibly in Italy. Plus, we'll make tottenham look like world beaters again

sparx99

Yeah, last season we tended to go ultra negative hence all the 0-0 draws. It's a big problem generally for this team. When they 'go for it they get counter attacked. When they play with more caution all creativity dries up. We only play well when losing because they have nothing to lose. Throw caution to the wind and hope it comes off.

Von Mistelroum

Don’t worry chaps only a few more months until Ole gets to buy that DM and then a few more months until next season’s 4th place is mathematically impossible and then Ole might actually be in danger.

DomesticTadpole

Newbie you do realise that midfield no matter how you defend it has been subpar for a few games now. Fred had every chance to shoulder Gary out of bounds at the beginning of that counter attack when they scored. Instead he got bounced off like a rag doll.
Not sure he realises that the midfield is supposed to link the defence with the attack. Problem is our midfield links the wrong attack.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
But he's had the context of a big club and failed? I'm only for getting a new manager in if he's an obvious upgrade on Ole.

I'm not saying that Rodgers is bad, but it's a sideways step on the decent manager we already have.
He began the Liverpool transformation and if not for that night at Palace... not saying I want him but he is most certainly an upgrade and Ole (possibly just not big enough for what we need)

lex talionis

This is a very tough result to come to grips with. We all understand on any given anyone can take points off us, but it’s become too routine now.

The manager’s persistence with Fred, who has been shocking all season, is a particular point of concern.

DomesticTadpole

This is a very tough result to come to grips with. We all understand on any given anyone can take points off us, but it’s become too routine now.

The manager’s persistence with Fred, who has been shocking all season, is a particular point of concern.
Do you think City regret signing him?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Martial had a knock I think. Shame as he was playing well, saw plenty of the ball in the first half.

No idea about Cavani though.
not sure martial was doing much - cavani, on the other hand, was probably our best player

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 288 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 24% Man Utd 2:0 Everton
  • 21% Man Utd 2:1 Everton