PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:1 Everton

Post-match discussion

Sat, 02 October 2021

Jaykespeare88

Imagine the huge high ronaldo was on leading into yesterday's game after scoring a last minute winner midweek, only to then be dropped, it makes little sense when ole was happy to play the the likes of rashford into the ground in the past or persist with an out of form lingard game after game a few seasons back.
Cavani did all the hard work for that goal.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Bruno behind Sancho, Greenwood and Rashford would be a brilliantly exciting front 4. There’s a huge elephant in the room that means we won’t see it though - and for once that isn’t Pogba.
Honestly, United have such an exciting squad now that I could write down four or five different teams with different formations and approaches and all seem strong on paper. It’s bold to imply that any of those systems would be clearly superior to the other and therefore certain players are a problematic presence.

The United managerial role would be such an attractive job now.

Maticmaker

Before the game I honestly thought the result yesterday would have been a comfortable 2-0 win for United. It should have been, 1-0 up at half time, goal scored just before the break, (supposedly always a good time to score!!) we were not looking deadly up front, but seemingly keeping Everton in check at the back.

However it was always just a bit edgy in midfield. True McT ran around a lot, keeping things moving across the pitch, but spurning one or two good chances to make a late run into the box and let fly. Fred made one or two good and timely tackles but somehow never really made any real positive moves when he had the ball, we always looked 'under-cooked' in the mid-field. I was not sure where Pogba was, then realised he wasn't on the pitch? Bruno all over but not really effective, were we supposed to have a 'holding two' or playing in a 'diamond', or what?

The McFred combo may do well against top teams when they can both don their 'destroyer/interrupter' guises and get about spoiling the oppositions party, but in such games as these they underwhelm. Surely a Matic holding role and a DVB move and pass game both sides of the halfway would be more effective?

I must admit I've lost the plot now with some of Ole's team selections. I will give the manager credit for giving Anthony Martial another go in his natural left wing role, he did at times look like his old dangerous self when coming in off the line and he did good with the goal. But that's about the only positive to take, except maybe to mention Varane's heading stats, don't think he missed one all game? so two positives...ah well!

Last edited:

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
You're a miserable c*nt :lol: who feels the need to attack a lot of my posts and have been enraged that I support Ole so I don't feel the need to explain myself to you but if you must know I feel the summer signings have elevated expectations now. This is the first time in Ole's tenure that I feel the squad is now capable of challenging and I expect as such. The fact we actually look worse than last season is a big concern now. I don't think he will be sacked anytime soon so for the sake of my mental health I choose to continue to support Ole and the club. The board couldn't give two shits, I can't control that.
I'm not miserable, I just deal in reality and give my opinion based what I can see. I and others saw ages ago that Ole brought nothing to the table in terms of our play, but you took a condescending tone, as if you know better. Now you come back with your tail between your legs because you now feel the squad is capable of challenging and your are now suddenly 'concerned' the board will allow it to continue. What about when we were concerned last season!? Because you couldn't see it you acted a prick, not our problem some couldn't see what was so painfully obvious. When people said we should be better last season and that signings alone wouldn't change much, you didn't want to hear it. You made your bed, you and others that blindly follow. Welcome to reality.

RedMilo

How about looking at it a good way? There are too many players that are ok with being average, but Ronaldo isn't one of them. If Ole is happy with a team that can't cross and can't score off a corner, Ronaldo won't be.
It's not all about Ronaldo, it's about developing a team that is able to compete. It's about getting team selection right more often than not, it's about as a manager you can affect the game, how you control a game. As a team we have regressed in terms of our control in games. Leeds aside, every other game this season could have gone either way, which is not a good trait in a team. Ole needs to address this quickly if he wants to keep his job...

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 288 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 24% Man Utd 2:0 Everton
  • 21% Man Utd 2:1 Everton