PL L FA Premier League

Everton 1:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 09 April 2022

PTSTSL

Fair play to any manager who comes to this club, I don't know how anybody could even know where to start even if they could be fecking bothered in the first place.

AndyMUFC

Unsurprisingly pathetic. These players have nothing about them at all.

Scriblerus

At least we now know Pogba will be gone next season -very clear today that he's not trying to stick around. Listening to Keown on BT waxing about the effort from Everton would almost make you think they played well. But they were shit - problem was we were worse. 70% possession and not a clue how to break through - if we work it wide there's no-one to receive, it we work it through the middle there's no-one clever enough to break the back line. And someone must have torn the page on running in behind out of the coaching manual. A couple of great long passes that yielded nothing, and the rest was a waste of effort.

Smithy89

We've made 2-3 good signings max since 2013, from top to bottom the club is a joke.

djembatheking

I imagine he’s well aware of the sorry state of the team and if anything can use these poor results as leverage to make wholesale changes.
No doubt he will try but the owners can promise him the world but in reality when it comes to signing players they can find many ways to stall and baulk at the prices other clubs want. They can be seen to be trying but I don`t trust them one little bit.

Blood Mage

I know he didn't play today but Shaw can go also, as can Maguire, AWB, Pogba, Jesse, Martial, Mata, Cavani and i could probably go on.
They all need to go yes but we can't sell everyone in one window. Start by getting rid of Rashford, Mata, Pogba (leaving anyway thank god) Lingard and Cavani. Move on the likes of Maguire, Wan Bissaka, Martial and Shaw next year.

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
have to laugh so you dont cry

Could be the lowest point in my 20 years of supporting this lot, city and pool best two teams in europe and we cant even make CL. Its not even if we can see progress, even bringing in ETH or Poch means 1/2 seasons of learning until we can even think about competing for league / CL again.

Best case scenario were looking at 2024/2025 till we are legit competing again....

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Each week I think it can’t get any worse. I’m running out of words to describe how shit United are.

ManRed

The players have given up, all talk is about next season and manager coming in, players leaving/joining. Everyone jas switched off and dont care for top 4. Think we should start the clear out already and give youngsters a chance than Mata, Pogba etc who won't be here next season.

Jacob

I think fecking off half the players and replacing them with ones with the correct work ethic and attitude is all we can do to achieve that. It seems unrealistic and we never really got for that kind of total rebuild, but I think it's honestly what's needed.
Agree but that won't happen.

The risk with doing is of course that it is going to get very costly to get the squad size back up (with quality). Otherwise we'd have to play a loth of reserves/youth for a full season or more.

Having said that, we have too many senior squad players as it is, roughly five need to go without replacement.

Big E

Didn’t turn it back on after half time and won’t be watching any of the 7 remaining games.
why should watch pathetic performances and it'll make you appreciate the good times way more

Stookie

Nurse bell end
We still have to go to anfield and the emirates also :lol:
crikey. The dippers could put double figures past us. I mean, if United can’t even get a point against the worst Everton side I’ve ever seen, what chance have they against that lot? We’ve absolutely nothing in any area of the park. No defence, no midfield, no attack. It’s dreadful. We’ve 1 win in 7 games in all competitions. Over a season that’s relegation form. That’s how bad it is.

sparx99

I’m all for playing the kids etc but have we even got them around? I feel like we loaned out everyone whose close to ready. Garner, Diallo, Mengi, Tuanzebe, Laird, Williams etc could all be playing right now but they are elsewhere.

I don’t get why Mejbri hasn’t had minutes instead of Lingard or Mata or whoever.

The likes of Shoretire, McNeil, Iqbal, Savage are not physically mature enough to lay are they?

JohnnyKills

Was saying to my mate... The bench should be exclusively for kids from now on in.

And all those leaving in the summer should be told to go now

OrcaFat

Without being narcissistic, some may know me as a staunch Ole supporter. I agreed he had to go from about the Leicester game.

It wasn’t a mistake, he really did have to go. But I truly believe we are worse off now than we would be if he had stayed. That’s not to say I want him back but it is a measure of how badly we are doing under RR (not that it is his fault either). Pathetic is an overused word on this forum but there is no better word for it.

JohnnyKills

I’m all for playing the kids etc but have we even got them around? I feel like we loaned out everyone whose close to ready. Garner, Diallo, Mengi, Tuanzebe, Laird, Williams etc could all be playing right now but they are elsewhere.

I don’t get why Mejbri hasn’t had minutes instead of Lingard or Mata or whoever.

The likes of Shoretire, McNeil, Iqbal, Savage are not physically mature enough to lay are they?
Only one way to find out mate.

sparx99

crikey. The dippers could put double figures past us. I mean, if United can’t even get a point against the worst Everton side I’ve ever seen, what chance have they against that lot? We’ve absolutely nothing in any area of the park. No defence, no midfield, no attack. It’s dreadful. We’ve 1 win in 7 games in all competitions. Over a season that’s relegation form. That’s how bad it is.
We’ve flirted with that form multiple times over the past couple of seasons as well. The Ole spell last September and October. Then a year before that when we lost 6-1 against Spurs and had a few bad results at that time.

Castia

Never seen suck a lack of effort

Pep, Klopp, Ten Hag it doesn't matter they aren't getting anything out of this absolute shit show of a squad.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
The club should air their games for free in Russia, as physiological warfare, to break their fighting spirit.

redmanx

We are what we are, and that is dysfunctional and broken.

I'm hopeful for the new manager to clean house and start from scratch.
To be absolutely honest anybody who takes the job on is a) stupid, b) desperate, c) away with the fairies, d) idiotically arrogant. I cant believe anybody in their right minds would want to come anywhere near this lot.

Scriblerus

Fourth is obviously gone now….the tension now is over whether we can finish the season badly enough to avoid qualifying for the dismal Euro Conference next season. A few more performances like today should see the lads manage it with room to spare.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Im all for playing the kids since we're not really playing for anything anymore.

The fix starts with the right manager, but the damage of one season carries on to the next in terms of european qualification, which will affect our summer signings too.

This lot are soulless and inept and half of them should be gone soon. I honestly cant believe we've managed to get worse after Ole left.

redmanx

Fourth is obviously gone now….the tension now is over whether we can finish the season badly enough to avoid qualifying for the dismal Euro Conference next season. A few more performances like today should see the lads manage it with room to spare.
7th is probably the best we'll manage now.

NHLYR 1878

We have to sell a lot of these players. First team included. Maguire and rashford could raise 100million between them. Go buy some hungry players that the new manager wants and let him totally go to town on this squad. Whatever he wants. Do it. No questions asked. Cannot he worse than this bunch.

most unlikeable united squad we have ever seen.. and the last 9 years have been pretty shite.
I doubt we'd get 100 quid let alone 100 million.

In all seriousness, put yourself in the eyes of another club, who'd want to buy those two?

Honestly if I had the power I'd terminate the contracts of 3/4 of the squad. This shit can no longer be tolerated.

Player Ratings

3.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 240 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 20% Everton 1:2 Man Utd
  • 18% Everton 0:2 Man Utd