EL L Europa League Group L

FC Astana 2:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Thu, 28 November 2019

Eric's Seagull

AZ played the worst game of the season, but Ferdy Druijf saved us. He plays most of his matches in the bottom of the 2nd league and he saved AZ against Royal Antwerp and now again. Remember the name Ferdi Druijf :). Looking forward to MU - AZ.
Will do. I'm also looking forward to when we play you :)

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
If I closed my eyes and listened to the post-match interview, I might think we never sacked Moyes. Ole just came out with cliches and nonsense

Craig Ward

Chong is really poor. Without counting the miss, he doesn't really do anything. Doesn't take on the players, doesn't cross, doesn't make any decent off the ball run. All he did was turn back and pass to Laird. What is the fuss about?
Agree with this.

Each time I've seen him for the seniors he's looked nervous, sloppy in possession, poor touch, no attacking intent.

I get this is development for him and he is very young, but he's really looked under confident and not ready.

I'd say he currently has little to no pathway to being even a first team squad member and I don't think he'll sign a contract to stay in the 23's or go on loan, which is what he needs. Amazed a club like Juve want him, he doesn't look good enough. He may prove us wrong and drastically improve but the signs aren't looking good.

Given how assured others look with the step up, he's way off

Devil may care

Shaw got 90 minutes under his belt, Lingard got a goal, Laird looked good, Garner and Levitt had a decent run out in midfield together and Greenwood continues to look sharp, that was about all we ould hope for from a game like that.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Shaw got 90 minutes under his belt, Lingard got a goal, Laird looked good, Garner and Levitt had a decent run out in midfield together and Greenwood continues to look sharp, that was about all we ould hope for from a game like that.
Agreed and really good to see Gomes since there can be no deals in January after all.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
He has looked better at a lower level to be fair. He does everything better there. But he's just looked absolutely terrified and out of his depth every time he's been asked to make the step up.

Some kids just aren't cut out for top level football, maybe its a mental thing, either way the fact people in the summer were pointing to him as a reason not to go for the likes of Sancho is hilarious, and just shows how much ignorant shite is spoken on here.
Or for some it takes more time than for Rashford or Greenwood. I agree that he hasn't shown much in the first team this season, but he's played a whopping 291 minutes of first team football in his young career. People are so, so quick to write off young players.

Judas

Open to offers
Or for some it takes more time than for Rashford or Greenwood. I agree that he hasn't shown much in the first team this season, but he's played a whopping 291 minutes of first team football in his young career. People are so, so quick to write off young players.
I'm not writing him off, but he desperately needs a loan to get regular top flight football.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I'm not writing him off, but he desperately needs a loan to get regular top flight football.
I agree that a loan abroad would probably be the best option to everyone involved. And I didn't necessarily mean that you're writing him off, sorry if I came across like that. More reacting to tens of posts saying he'll never make it etc. on this forum and on twitter. Not saying he definitely will, but it's way to soon to tell as all players develop differently.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Agree with this.

Each time I've seen him for the seniors he's looked nervous, sloppy in possession, poor touch, no attacking intent.

I get this is development for him and he is very young, but he's really looked under confident and not ready.

I'd say he currently has little to no pathway to being even a first team squad member and I don't think he'll sign a contract to stay in the 23's or go on loan, which is what he needs. Amazed a club like Juve want him, he doesn't look good enough. He may prove us wrong and drastically improve but the signs aren't looking good.

Given how assured others look with the step up, he's way off
How soon you've forgot his debut against Reading when none of the above were true.

Last edited:

DLE

Alternative for Docklands Light Rail
Average age of the 10 players on the pitch beside the goalie was 20,2. We literally fielded a U-23 team. 6 players got their debuts today. The most in any game since world war 1
Amazing. I love that Ole is doing this.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Hi Borat, welcome to the forum .
Cheap shot. But if you are really class of 63, maybe your eyes are getting old, and that would explain how you failed to see the big, red warning above the area you wrote your cynical remarks into, saying: "criticise the post not the poster; remain respectful to other posters."

NewGlory

Мне жаль :nervous:
That Google-translated text doesn't really mean what you wanted it to mean. However, let me help you out…

Расизм это не смешно, но то что вы не понимаете что не обязательно быть Боратом или Казахом или даже Русским, для того чтоб понимать мир, и можно просто быть образованным человеком - вот это точно смешно.

Class of 63

Sourness
That Google-translated text doesn't really mean what you wanted it to mean. However, let me help you out…

Расизм это не смешно, но то что вы не понимаете что не обязательно быть Боратом или Казахом или даже Русским, для того чтоб понимать мир, и можно просто быть образованным человеком - вот это точно смешно.
There was always that possibility, why do you think I used the nervous smiley?

Racism is not funny, but what you don’t understand is not necessary be Borat or Kazakh or even Russian, to understand the world and you can just be an educated person - that's really funny

Just out of interest like, but how accurate a translate is that?

RedTiger

Half mast

What does "Мне жаль" really mean in English? I googled it and it says "I'm sorry", does it not actually mean that?

NewGlory

What does "Мне жаль" really mean in English? I googled it and it says "I'm sorry", does it not actually mean that?
More like "I pitty" and would require a "subject" - who or what. What we mean in English as "I am sorry" would be normally said as "Извиняюсь" which literally is translated as "I apologize".

NewGlory

There was always that possibility, why do you think I used the nervous smiley?

Racism is not funny, but what you don’t understand is not necessary be Borat or Kazakh or even Russian, to understand the world and you can just be an educated person - that's really funny

Just out of interest like, but how accurate a translate is that?
Not very. It should be something more along the lines of "Racism is not funny, but the fact that you do not understand that it is not necessary to be a Borat or a Kazakh or even a Russian in order to understand the world, and you can just be an educated person - that’s definitely funny." :)

Either way, if you agree, I think we've done enough of sniping at each other and all of this is off-topic, anyway? Here's an olive branch if you would like to accept it.

Class of 63

Sourness
Not very. It should be something more along the lines of "Racism is not funny, but the fact that you do not understand that it is not necessary to be a Borat or a Kazakh or even a Russian in order to understand the world, and you can just be an educated person - that’s definitely funny." :)

Either way, if you agree, I think we've done enough of sniping at each other and all of this is off-topic, anyway? Here's an olive branch if you would like to accept it.
принятые ;)

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 130 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Astana win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 19% Astana 0:2 Man Utd