PL W FA Premier League

Fulham 0:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 09 February 2019

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The fans who thought Pogba was the problem are looking mighty stupid now.

I wonder if any Chelsea fans thought Hazard was the problem, or Madrid fans who thought Ronaldo was the problem. Jose's biggest talent was getting some fans to turn on their best player.

Simple win. If I’m nitpicking should have scored more goals.

Fulham were shite. Lukaku was also shite
We should. But we also should've conceded, so I'll take 3-0

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Great game.
Pogba has been at the top of his game since Solskjær took over!
What is it, 5 assists and 8 goals in 8 games? Something like that. It's amazing from a midfielder. Hell, it's amazing for strikers.

tieunhilang

Sanchez is really a concern at this point. He looks much like Falcao: Trying a lot, but often falling over or final balls just refuse to come to him... :nervous:

Get In Scholesy

Excellent performance.

Can’t lie, I was a bit nervy leading up to the match.

Could have been a different match if we conceded in the first minute.

Positive performances all around.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Pretty sure Lukaku wasn't as bad as this with Everton or when He first came here? the hell happened to him, He looked like a kid playing football.

Betson

Good performance , god win , job well done.

Huge few weeks ahead now on all fronts for the club.

leontas

Professional away performance. Top 4! Who would’ve thought 10 league games ago we’d be here so quickly. Amazing!

Kapardin

Into the giddy, soaring heights of 4th.

Nice to win comfortably again after some heart stoppers like Leicester and Spurs. This unreal winning run was so important to get to where we are. Even losing one game would have set us back by 5-6 points behind Arsenal or Chelsea.

No thanks to Jose, Ole had his work cut out to get where he did. Good to see McTominay and Smalling integrated into the squad, we need better quality depth at this stage of the season.

Cloud7

Nice relaxing win. Just what we needed on the eve of PSG.

predator

Youth NITK
Excellent display again under ole. The only problem I have is the Lukaku situation. I hate joining in for the onslaught of our players but he really is out of place in this current (matchwinning) system. I just hope United fans don't become abusive towards him.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Loved it! 3 points. Two great goals. Job done. Players rested (ish). 4th place (for 24 hours at least). Now we can enjoy the rest of the matches this weekend.

bondsname

When the caf is pessimistic, we fecking win. :lol:

Very comfortable win, a comfortable game overall if you ignore the first 5 minutes. It's okay to be the worse team for 5 minutes, if you're going to dominate the shite out of them for 85 minutes. We got a chance to rotate, giving some minutes to Smalling, Dalot, Mata, Mctominay, Bailly, Lukaku, Sanchez, while resting our key players. We got the best possible outcome out of this fixture, a clean sheet, 3 points, rotation, 3 goals, you can't ask for more than that.

Not only did we dominate them on the pitch, our fans were brilliant. Got goosebumps hearing "Ole's at the wheel".

On another note, I fecking love the blue kit De Gea wore, thinking of buying one myself. Has champion written all over it.

Reactions: Ødegaard

Booda

3 points away in the premier league, clean sheet, no injuries, rested players , its been a very good day for us

hobbers

Great result and fantastic performance given the rotations and the fact we essentially were playing the game a man down thanks to Lukaku.

baskinginthesun

Two great goals from Pogba and Martial. A nice easy penalty to seal it. Fantastic!!

Great 2nd half management as well.

EwanI Ted

Comfortable. Fulham were abysmal and we did what we needed to put them to the sword with minimal effort. Don’t think we learned anything today about our players but it still feels damn nice to be able to score 3 goals in a game where we never really got out of second gear.

stu_1992

Great performance. Especially considering the amount of changes we made. Pobga must be the most in-form player in the league at this point? Roll on PSG!

lex talionis

Phenomenal performance from a weakened side.

Pogba easily MOTM, sporting balon d’or form again.

Member 115509

The only possible complaint is that United only won by three. Probably won't get an easier game all season, although it doesn't all just come from Fulham being so poor, United did what they had to and won comfortably.
Pogba was imperious and Martial caused them problems all day long. Had Rashford and Lingard not been rested today, it could have been a lot worse for Fulham, they really do look destined to go down.
I would rather see Smalling in at CB against PSG alongside Lindelof, Gary Neville seemed to think it would be Lindelof and Bailly.
Going into the PSG game, there is now a degree of optimism that United could spring a surprise, at least we all know they will go out and have a go whereas under Mourinho it would almost ineviatbly been the type of pathetic performance witnessed all too often in these big games.

Foxbatt

Sanchez needs to play more to get into form. Another time he would have lobbed the keeper.

siw2007

Tough first 10 minutes but once we got past that it was pretty straightforward. Maybe not our best display but that maybe because of changes but still had too much for Fulham.

Pogba is surely best in the league in his position now. Shout out to Herrera, Shaw, Jones and Martial who were great to.

drmuji

We were just head and shoulders above them. As soon as the first one went in, we controlled the game as if were playing against some non league team. They never stood a chance
One gripe though. Why didn't we play Fred today. It would have been a good outing for him. In fact he would have restored some of his confidence
We look like the old United now. Cant believe it's been only 7 weeks since Ole took charges. We are playing as a team who have been developed over two to three seasons

Utd7

Heard a mindblowing stat just now on NBC post match:

Under Mourinho in our first 17 PL matches: 26pts

Under Ole in 9 PL matches: 25 pts

Man of the Match

Paul Pogba image Paul Pogba 82% of 749 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 491 ratings.