PL W FA Premier League

Fulham 1:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 20 January 2021

cyberman

Yep, I wish it could sometimes be easier. We dominate, take the lead and then sit back. Very fortunate that Mitrovic didn’t score at the end. It’s not clever, just lucky. Happy that we won though. Hopefully Sheff U will be easier.
I see it the other way, It would have been stupidly unlucky to concede like that

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Thank the lord for that. Fair play this squad is resilient if nothing else. We have to play better than that though.
They do fight our lot. They are hungry but goodness me they don't make it easy, especially for us!

RedIan

great win. Battling performance.
How can anyone say that was awful, I thought we played some great football after they scored. Could do without these frantic ends... but i enjoyed it,
Cavani was immense works his socks off matching bruno for full effort. So happy he scored.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Go one goal up, just sit back. We are not putting teams to the sword and it's a joke.

Pogba with some world class magic to bail us out.

Martial can leave, use the funds for a player or two.

Van de Beek needs to leave.

FatherWolff

Good professional game! Dullham are no mugs, and have gone toe to toe with the best of them!
Mods!: Never ever let me in the match day thread! My god we have some of the worst fans in the world! Thank god we also have the best ones! Or I would start following Crystal Palace..

Eriku

Martial looks pretty off it. Tight game around their box, but we seem to tighten our grip as the game progresses, upping our tempo and showing more intent.

Should have been a comfortable two goal lead, but for Areola’s save.

Brilliant to see Pogba’s reaction to the final whistle. Seems that he’s switched on now that he eyes the chance of a PL trophy.

Banana Republic

Vital win, but why were we not in control of the game in the last 10 minutes.
That last 10 minutes and injury time was awful in terms of controlling the game and retaining possession.
We were lucky in the end when it should have been a comfortable 2-1 and not an edgy, hanging on scramble.

Still we can kick on from here, but there’s a lot of improvement needed.
Cavani, top man. 110% effort. Take note Rashford and Martial.

Tony247

Pogba's game
Bruno 50-50 good and bad
Ole late sub as usual
AWB awful awful on the right
Martial lost again
Fred industrious
Cavani a true #9 in the box, yet covering the ground all the time
Maguire never head
Bailly had me almost wet the pants at the end

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
We really need to put games to bed sooner. We have habit of inviting unnecessary pressure towards the end when leading by a goal. All the composure goes out of the window. What a goal to win the match though!

tomaldinho1

We don't half make it hard but it's another 3 points in the bag.

Again, let's sack off the EL and just go all out for the PL

Irwin99

Deserved win. I feel that teams collectively retreat into their shell after they score the first goal and it subsequently wakes us up and then the opposite happens when we go in front.

Cavani and Pogba were immense.

Houdini

Ole's magic works. Cavani, Pogba and Fred were great, followed by Shaw and Bruno. AWB, Bailly and Maguire not so. Greenwood was without any onfidence. Standard performance from Martial.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Got a bit lucky at the end.
Not a great performance but 3 points and top of the league again.
I know will will Probably fall off soon but I don't think I can cope with a title challenge :lol:

OldTrevil

Whew 40 points, we're safe from relegation lads :D

What a goal to win the game though...

always_hoping

Back on top that's all that matters tonight. What a goal to win that match. Would be typical of Baillys bad luck if he had scored an OG late on.

Credit to Fulham, a well organised outfit under Parker, easy to see why they got results over Leicester, Spurs and Liverpool recently.

lex talionis

I hate that we don't give DvB minutes.
I hate that too and at some point this needs to be addressed.

But before we go there let’s celebrate an important win. I’ll always want a 5-0 win, but isn’t there something even better with a win like this?

Sanche7

We have won most of our recent games thanks to moments of individual brilliance and by the end we are barely hanging on. Playing like this won't win us the title. Our forwards have to step up. Martial and Rashford have been below average and we have no RW. Thank God fo Cavani and Pogba, who has found some goal scoring form recently

siw2007

Tight match, despite it being a bit of a drab performance, I thought we just about deserved the win against a Fulham team who are going from strength to strength. Absolute world from Pogba, my MOTM and he is absolutely purring right now. Now that we have hit the magical number 40, we can safely assume we aren't going to get relegated!

bsCallout

Surprised how bad people are rating that performance, not sure if it is just the end of game nerves but I thought it was decent.

pablo__p

Fantastic win.

Top of the league, that's what matters. Don't care about aging 10 years in betwee 85th and 93rd minute.

MonkeysMagic

If we could pass we'd be a frighteningly good team. As it is, these games are the norm where we cant create enough and defend well to have a comfortable game against any opposition.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
First 10 minutes and last 10 minutes aside, we played well.

Cavani should have killed the game shortly after Pogba's goal. Shame we could get a 3rd and make it more comfortable., but a good win anyway.

talking robot

Big result. There's lots to can complain about, but I love this team's mentality. They fight for everything. If our forwards find some sort of form towards the end of the season, we can be really dangerous.

TommiHelm

Good job. Can we please just get rid of Martial though. I'd seriously give him a slap if I was playing with him. He looks like he absolutely hates being on the pitch. Luckily it doesn't see to be to contagious.

Man of the Match

Paul Pogba image Paul Pogba 58% of 353 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 319 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Fulham win
  • Draw