PL W FA Premier League

Fulham 1:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 13 November 2022

Hughes35

But if we’re actually going to be honest, would we not also acknowledge outstanding performances by De Gea and Garnacho? Those performances are just as relevant as those by Elanga and Rashford, who were poor.

The match-winner was not gifted by the referee or some freak deflection. It was fully earned.
Oh absolutely. De Gea had a good game, & I'm a huge fan of Garnacho. As a whole team unit it wasn't great though....... Having said that, we have played a lot of games recently, players with one eye on the world cup etc. We saw what happened to City at the weekend so a win is a win and I'm delighted with that.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Some re-assuring spectacular saves from DeGea which kept us in the game (where have we heard that before?).

There was a period where we created and spurned chance after chance, e.g. what was that 'pass back' to their keeper from Rashford, from that range he should have blasted ball and keeper into the net.
Martial wrong-footed himself twice and failed to score and with a decent header could have had a hat-trick.
A well taken goal from Eriksen, but then he missed what looked to be an easier chance!
Fulham toiled well and were dominant for larger parts of the second half.
Then when we thought it was all gone, enter stage left Alejandro Garnacho and the perfect ending... and he's not even in the Argentine squad
You forgot McTominay heading over a chance that he’d normally hit the target from

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Wacthed Garnacho’s goal again and I think the build up of it has kind of disappeared in the Ronaldo crap, but it’s really amazing.

Shaw and Martinez plays the ball between them despite being heavily pressured before finding Casemiro. Eriksen is seeking up open space from which he can operate — if Casemiro gets the ball, before he gets it. When Fulham leaves an open lane up from the back 4, it’s just to execute, Shaw to Casemiro to Eriksen to Garnacho, bang bang bang.

Garnacho is really licking the line. That is what ETH really wants, and it’s the opposite of what many other does with the wingers taking centralized runs and the wing backs overlapping outside them. This is done to enable us to get another passing option early in the build up phase.

McTominay takes a really good run at the center of the field, if he doesn’t do that, the goal isn’t scored.

Then Eriksen’s pass is low key brilliant and the rest is history.

But it’s really a goal the perfectly mirrors how we want to play.
Good post. It was a beautiful goal

LuckyScout78

Keep it simple. Why do skill tricks, when you are quick and fast enough to beat defenders with pace?

I really dislike the word modern football. Pleause bring back to old school. Keep it simple, the speed pedal on the bottom and run as fast as you can. Run run Garnacho.

When explosiveness and acceleration is your dangerous weapon? Why not use it. But delay it by unnecessary tricks? Moment to pass defenders?

Those words aiming to Rashford too. He use to think twice too much. What shall i do now, What shall i do now. When he receive the ball.

By Eric Cantona : " Spontaneous is genius". Think too much = is not spontaneous. Stay focus and play and live at the moment and presence.

Again. I really like that players are direct and straightforward and 100 focus and determination in everything they are doing. Passing, receiving, finishing and everything.

Glad to see moment of direct and straighforward football.

TheReligion

Abusive
Keep it simple. Why do skill tricks, when you are quick and fast enough to beat defenders with pace?

I really dislike the word modern football. Pleause bring back to old school. Keep it simple, the speed pedal on the bottom and run as fast as you can. Run run Garnacho.

When explosiveness and acceleration is your dangerous weapon? Why not use it. But delay it by unnecessary tricks? Moment to pass defenders?

Those words aiming to Rashford too. He use to think twice too much. What shall i do now, What shall i do now. When he receive the ball.

By Eric Cantona : " Spontaneous is genius". Think too much = is not spontaneous. Stay focus and play and live at the moment and presence.

Again. I really like that players are direct and straightforward and 100 focus and determination in everything they are doing. Passing, receiving, finishing and everything.

Glad to see moment of direct and straighforward football.
Where is your scouting report on Garnacho??

Craig Ward

A lucky win, truth be told.

Dominated 1st half, nearly threw it away 2nd.

So many chances, we have to be more clinical. Some very sloppy play nearly cost us.

But what i do like about what Ten Hag's trying to build is that spirit - fighting till the end and never give up attitude he's trying to install through the squad.

Garnacho is some talent - what a difference he made. Playing with energy and no fear, absolutely class to see. Elanga looked decent in spells last year but dreadful this year. We need a signing across the front line for sure, could make or break our season

Lux Thunder

We are considerably weaker both in and out of possession when Bruno moves out from the middle of the pitch, but I wouldn't be harsh on Ten Hag as he is short of quality options.

Elanga was a huge liability and Martial is not fully fit to play a full match. It was easy for the opponent to squeeze us and shut one side of the pitch as we were missing both our starters from the right side and without Bruno in the middle we lose some penetration and we found it hard to progress the ball from the backline through the middle third and we started to go long.

That is why I thought before the season started, that Amad would stay under Ten Hag with Elanga and/or Pellistri making a loan move as I had higher hopes for him to make it in this setup. On the other side, Amad is having a great time at Sunderland and he would have much more minutes there than being Antony rotation here.

As for goal conceded, Malacia should never engage that high on the pitch when Bruno is chasing 50-50 ball and I think Lindelof should be more decisive and aggressive in closing a cross once he decides to step out of his position and engage.

Mr PG

You forgot McTominay heading over a chance that he’d normally hit the target from
I believe we should be playing Casemiro upfront instead of McTominay in these types of games. Casemiro is quite a good finisher. Would definitely have scored that header

OleTheGreat

What a story this kid is going to have?!!! Thank God Erik Ten Hag started him off very early and he can have a great career like Giggs, Rooney and the lot. It was such a boring game until he came in.

Boondog

A lucky win, truth be told.

Dominated 1st half, nearly threw it away 2nd.

So many chances, we have to be more clinical. Some very sloppy play nearly cost us.

But what i do like about what Ten Hag's trying to build is that spirit - fighting till the end and never give up attitude he's trying to install through the squad.

Garnacho is some talent - what a difference he made. Playing with energy and no fear, absolutely class to see. Elanga looked decent in spells last year but dreadful this year. We need a signing across the front line for sure, could make or break our season
It was not a lucky win when there were 3 legitimate scoring chances that were not buried in the first half alone. The Ericksen chance that he put just outside would be a goal 9 times out of 10 with him, it was a gimme. That was a deserved win, no doubt about it in my mind.

If you'd like to watch a lucky win go re-watch the win over Arse. We were very fortunate in that game.

moodyred

With this win, I am surprised to find that we are still one point off where we were 1 year ago. I thought the team had played much better than last season. We must have really fallen off in the 2nd half of last season.

Andy_Cole

With this win, I am surprised to find that we are still one point off where we were 1 year ago. I thought the team had played much better than last season. We must have really fallen off in the 2nd half of last season.
We’re also 2 games behind! 1 year ago 16 games were played at gameweek 16. We’ve only played 14.

Player Ratings

6.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 292 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Fulham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 24% Fulham 0:2 Man Utd
  • 23% Fulham 1:2 Man Utd