EL W Europa League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg

Manchester United 2:0 Granada

Post-match discussion

Thu, 15 April 2021

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
That yellow card on Pogba is one of the most ridicolous decisions i've ever seen.

The refs in the prem are bad, but its even worse in Europe
I'm just glad he wasn't as bad as the Portuguese ref from the first leg. One of the worst I've ever seen.

Craig Ward

Honestly? He’s a poor mans Muller. Quality around the box and excellent at spacing and intelligent runs and touches. Good technically, but he’s better utilized off the striker than as a true midfielder. Problem is that position doesn’t really exist with how our team is constructed.
What? He's nothing like Muller.

He's a very technically minded central midfield player. For Ajax, he was played deep and further forward. Against Spurs in the champions league he ran the show in a more box to box role - full of energy and quality on the ball.

I honestly don't know what we have done to him - he's always in 2nd gear for us. He's got a better footballing brain than fred and mctom put together and he doesnt get a look in.

He's so good on the ball and very clever at finding space, technically the best midfielder we have. Needs to be used more and find his confidence.

Lee565

Not for the first time tuanzebe has performed far better and assured in a partnership with lindelof than he has with maguire.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Not for the first time tuanzebe has performed far better and assured in a partnership with lindelof than he has with maguire.
Donny looked very positive too, shrugging off challenges and accuracy in his passing

Ludens the Red

Ha ha, fair point! I won’t lie, being an Ipswich fan has probably only been enjoyable from 1978-1981 and 1999-. 2001. Have a bit of sympathy. Also that RVN dive & penalty in your 1-0 win at Portman Road all but relegated us in 2002. Now THAT was a bent, incompetent Utd fan of a referee! Shit, maybe that’s why I don’t like you.
Weird, I always thought it was losing 6-0 in a decisive end of season game to keep you up that relegated you :confused:
Which cost us second place may I add.....

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Weird, I always thought it was losing 6-0 in a decisive end of season game to keep you up that relegated you :confused:
Which cost us second place may I add.....
Well, that too maybe! I think we lost 5-0 and 6-0 to Liverpool that season. Weird I’d totally missed that that result affected the top of the league, was totally focused on the relegation zone.

Sea-Cow

What? He's nothing like Muller.

He's a very technically minded central midfield player. For Ajax, he was played deep and further forward. Against Spurs in the champions league he ran the show in a more box to box role - full of energy and quality on the ball.

I honestly don't know what we have done to him - he's always in 2nd gear for us. He's got a better footballing brain than fred and mctom put together and he doesnt get a look in.

He's so good on the ball and very clever at finding space, technically the best midfielder we have. Needs to be used more and find his confidence.
He has obvious technical quality in that he is very good at playing first time passes and receiving the ball under pressure etc. But to me he just doesn't look athletic enough. He doesn't have good pace or quickness and always looks to be moving in the same speed.

I think he could be very good for us but he needs to get fit and find some more athleticism from somewhere.

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 160 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Granada win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 36% Man Utd 2:0 Granada
  • 15% Man Utd 3:0 Granada