PL D FA Premier League

Huddersfield Town 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 05 May 2019

Katalinski

We won't be relevant again as long as characters from Fergie era are in the club. That includes players, coaching staff, manager, CEO, and Fergie himself in the stands.

Luke1995

Not even sure if we can win in a rainy Wednesday night at Stoke...

Cpt Negative

I call the players by nicknames too, but I can't list any of them here because they include words that might get me banned. The only players I refer to by their actual names are McTominay and Lindelof because they're the only players I like and respect.
McSauce and Lindo?

edgar allan

The switch in player attitude and endeavour since the paris game has been ridiculous.

Something has happened to destroy the morale of this team since that high.

Given what has gone on the leading candidates would be...

Some cack handed announcements by the club about contracts or who is leaving. (Woody has form here)

Some sort of rucus or falling out between the players.

Being forced to play some people to put them in the "shop window" to increase their value.

Given we are still in the dark about a number of contracts I'm beginning to think Woodward has once again grasped defeat from the jaws of victory.
It is down to the players themselves. A mixture of those not good enough,those not trying hard enough and both.

Run_time_error

Started well (have we heard that before?), good goal and then....nothing. Pogba's best game for a while, hitting the bar twice, but still too many pointless dribbles. Tons of aimless passing and very little created. Crossing was non-existent - a pound for every cross that hit the first defender please. Living in Aus, I don't get to see the younger players in action but what does Chong actually do?

One last game to suffer through then hope for a good summer in the transfer market and a good pre-season. I won't be canceling my subscription yet, 50 years a supporter, some of those at Old Trafford, one of those in the old second division, still feeling spoiled by the Fergie years. Glory, Glory Man Utd!!!!

ghagua

This was the most pathetic and gutless performances I have watched in many, many years. Our entire season depended on today's game and the players were simply not bothered.

Biffo666

Supports
Oldham Athletic
Whoever thinks a team with Jones, Young and Sanchez is fit for a PL match is fecked in the head - they are fecking useless - why treat the fans as if they are morons ? Overrated journeymen with big egos and even bigger obscene wage packets

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
This was the most pathetic and gutless performances I have watched in many, many years. Our entire season depended on today's game and the players were simply not bothered.
Same thoughts after every game.

dave1956

1956 was when sat on the shoulders of my dad in the Stretford End and I watched my first match and have continued to do so through the goods years and bad, highs and lows. I have seen them relegated, games where they have been out played, suffered heavy defeats and beaten by clubs in lower leagues but as a team they have always played with effort and belief and tried to uphold the ideals of the club. This team however, is on another level, no belief, no effort no respect for the history of the club and the shirt they wear and a belief that they are actually more skillful then they are. Time for a clear out but I fear that this will not happen and come July we will see the same faces driving into Carrington with he same results as this season.

Roger777

Exactly..

This bunch of complete rotters need to Feck right off.

Meller

It's nice that you can use this post for all our games these days, saves a lot of time for other activities.

ship50

This was a game I expected we would win by at least a couple of goals and keep a clean sheet. Clearly, it was too much to expect. Going to take a lot of rebuilding to get into top 4 next season. And I'm not too confident about that.

Red1968

For several years now I have been sure that we've hit rock bottom only to be unpleasantly shown a new bottom. Im pretty sure that this is it right now. I recorded the game and went out with it 1-0 for us. When I came back to watch it, I was dumbfounded. A must win game against a team that was dead last and all we could get was a 1-1 tie. TBH we could have easily lost as well. Same players who have looked clumsy against the good clubs of the EPL and UCL looked just same against Huddersfield ..FFS. The one thing that continues to make me fume with this particular group of players is the lack of aggression and urgency. Today was no different. They had plenty of time to get right back at Huddersfield after their goal. You would think that the impending humiliation of going out of top 4 contention vs a relegated team would be enough but no. The same tepid attack, same terrible shooting and clumsy passing and the same awful finishing. Definitely the worst United team in the last 25 years.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
We are tactically very poor too.

We are not getting a completely new team next season. And there isnt even a guarantee that the players we will bring will be good either.

Our problems lie much deeper than passion.

Le Red

We still need 5th to avoid having to qualify for Europa. That would be a disaster for our pre-season. And boy do we need pre-season!!!
I don't want us to qualify for Europa. It's just a reminder you're not in the UCL.

Hughes35

Think they are getting a pay cut anyway for not getting CL football. The biggest problem we have is if Ole does not grasp that the likes of Young and Jones are just not good enough.
What are you basing that opinion on? Absolutely no basis for saying Ole doesn't grasp the players are not good enough.

In Rainbows

What are you basing that opinion on? Absolutely no basis for saying Ole doesn't grasp the players are not good enough.
He played Young over Dalot is one reason why people aren't convinced. It's clear Dalot has more of a future with us than Young, so developing him and giving him the most amount of minutes makes the most sense. However, Ole has persisted with Young.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Good analysis from one of our match going fans:

Hughes35

He played Young over Dalot is one reason why people aren't convinced. It's clear Dalot has more of a future with us than Young, so developing him and giving him the most amount of minutes makes the most sense. However, Ole has persisted with Young.
Maybe this is true and I am a fan of Dalot. Maybe he has other reasons like not rating Dalot either or wanting to protect him.

I could just be clutching at straws and being too optimistic. I like Ole and can't face another awful summer where all the dross survives to live another season.

ArjenIsM3

Then he subbed Dalot on for the last 20 minutes and he played shite. He still gave him playing time though, he gave Chong almost a full half to show what he can do. Can't really fault Ole for his subs tbh. Took off our worst performers in Matic and Sanchez and he subbed off a CB for an offensive wingback. Yet even then our lacklustre players failed to score.

GarrinchaNZ

1982 when I started following Manchester United and I love the club...Fast forward how many years?

Where's the passion, where's the never say die attitude, where's the spirit? What an abomination of a season. Sanchez earns more in a week than I do over a 5 year period! and yet what has he contributed? Clear the bloody baggage out. If players don't want to play to their potential or play at the highest level,including playing with the desire, passion and tenacity expected, clear off! And this includes that clown, Woodward! Rant over.

Last edited by a moderator:

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Good analysis from one of our match going fans:

I agree with that chap on nearly on fronts. It’s an embarrassment. In relation to the playing staff for a second, where are the leaders in that dressing-room? Who’s pulling lads up on poor performances and examples of unprofessionalism? Who’s setting the standards?

I love Solskjaer but I’m indifferent to whether he stays or goes right now as he’s not the root of the problem, and unless he roots out that problem (I have no doubt he and his staff have identified it as they are knowledgable football men) he is on a hiding to nothing. He needs to be ruthless in the sense of a Guardiola, Klopp, Simeone, Mourinho etc. who demand the players play to their system and ideals or they’ll be turfed out (let’s not forget Mourinho would’ve sold Pogba and Martial in an instant if he was permitted as he didn’t fancy them for his philosophy). Solskjaer could do with selling one or two big names from that dressing-room this summer to set the tone for the rest of them: either buck up or feck off.

redmanx

Started well (have we heard that before?), good goal and then....nothing. Pogba's best game for a while, hitting the bar twice, but still too many pointless dribbles. Tons of aimless passing and very little created. Crossing was non-existent - a pound for every cross that hit the first defender please. Living in Aus, I don't get to see the younger players in action but what does Chong actually do?

One last game to suffer through then hope for a good summer in the transfer market and a good pre-season. I won't be canceling my subscription yet, 50 years a supporter, some of those at Old Trafford, one of those in the old second division, still feeling spoiled by the Fergie years. Glory, Glory Man Utd!!!!
I must admit when a pal asked me if I would sell my 2019/20 season ticket to his son I did think about it, not for long, maybe a nano second, but there was a time when I would never have considered it at all, but though Im finding it hard to support our current batch of players, I will always support the club which is bigger than any individual or any group of individuals, with the exception of its supporters who of course ARE the club. Things may be Gory! Gory! Man Utd at present but the Glory! Glory! Man United will rise again!

Bestietom

An absolute Gutless performance. Should be ashamed.
Played like astronauts walking on the moon. Couldn't move or pass a ball properly.

What's going on.

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 404 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Huddersfield win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 20% Huddersfield 0:2 Man Utd