PL D FA Premier League

Huddersfield Town 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 05 May 2019

DemonOfTheFall

I'm actually convinced after watching that, that some of the players have fallen out with Ole or Phelan, it just has that same feeling as the last games of Jose again, when some of the players had clearly stopped playing for him.

wolvored

Terrible. Think ole will be gone after 15 games next season.

Players look completely demotivated.

Shaw was horrendous today. Just not up to speed with the game.

Who can we get though. There is not a wealth of top class managers out there.
Should have given Howe a try. Mourinho VG 2 top managers couldnt do any good so why not try someone who does try to play a attack possession based game, but hasnt the quality of players, so should be used to it coming here.

The Irish Connection

Genuinely woeful.

Saw this coming though even before the psg second leg (which no doubt was class and one of our best European nights) where our performances looked poor again after the initial bounce in 5 or 6 games against poor sides.
The board have messed up again, got swayed by fans emotion, while not appointing a director of football or waiting till the end of the season.
Can see us dropping closer to the bottom half of the table come next November and having another dithering 6 months looking for another manager. But very much hope I’m wrong.

Currently, we look almost worse or as bad as in Mourinhos last few months, and we will need better coaching as much as new players to progress.

Depressing.

BulgarianDevil91

The fan in me is crushed.

The optimist in me is partly happy with the result. Maybe this time, with someone in charge,who really wants the club to succeed, and is not after personal accomplishments only, we might finally improve our squad, where we need to.

The pessimist in me quickly realized that I had the exact same thoughts the last time this happened.

We need the strongest summer transfer window this club has had in the last decade and I pray to God we get it, otherwise we'll justify our spot as e EL regular.

LoneStar

Pathetic from each and every player out there. I hope to never see Jones, Young, Matic and Sanchez playing for United again.

Amidst the dross today, Jones, Matic and Rashford stood out as utter dross. So congrats to then I suppose. Rashford is starting to look more and more like Welbeck by the day.

I am losing faith in Ole as a manager too. Surely this (shite) team is enough to beat the worst team in the PL this season. He looks totally clueless.

I have absolutely no hopes for the next season as well. Can't believe we are already at this point before the season even starts (hell, this season hasn't even ended! :lol:)

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Unfortunately I don’t see anything substantial happening in the summer. We won’t be able to shift off the shit and let’s be honest, there’s probably ten clubs top talent would rather go than United right now. All we have to offer is money. We’ll panic buy, huff and puff for a bit and eventually finish 5/6th again

tallboy

Which players would you keep? I'd keep:

Shaw
Lindelof
Rashford

Pogba (Maybe)
De Gea (Maye)

Castia

The pundits giving McTominay praise just because he was trying.

Think about that. A player getting praised for atleast trying.

What a fecking mess

Roger777

Finally, it is over. This is what need to happen:

- Rushford on the bench
- Sanchez and Lukaku sell to the highest bidder
- Pogba to Real Madrid for players swap and cash
- Jones and Ashley start their retirement early
- Martial to anyone who fancy him
- Rojo and Darmian disappear into thin air
- Lingard can go to mid table team
- Mata and Herrera. Thank for your services
Agree with all this.

The scary thing is though, these tw**a have signed pure shite over the last few years. Why should it be any different now?

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I'm lost for words at that. I really am.

We need a year-long transfer window.

Players I actually want to stay at United:
Shaw
Lindelof
Pogba
McTominay
Lingard
Maybe Rash though he's been properly shit recently.

The rest, show the door and start again.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
In the end, we were unlucky not to win by hitting the bar twice, however this is f*cking Huddlesfield we are playing and being unlucky shouldn't even come into question. This should be an easy win, especially considering Huddlesfield has absolutely nothing to play for. as they have been relegated for weeks. I'm also getting sick and tired of people scapegoating players like Young and Jones. If the "superstars" on this team put in the effort that these two do week in and week out we would be challenging for the league. Pogba jogs back after losing the ball time after time and I'm sick of it. Get him the hell out of this club. He is so frustrating. I've never seen a guy who has so much talent get out played as much as he does by guys who have a fraction of his talent. The one that still sticks in my mind was earlier in the season when Mark fecking Noble looked like a world beater playing against him. He is a virus and needs to go as he is a leader in the dressing room and on the field and he is no where near good enough to be at Manchester United. Let him go to Real Madrid and make them buy him for way more than what he's worth

always_hoping

Embarrassing end to a Embarrassing season. What other top 6 team concedes goals like that one United did today? Shaw getting all of the blame but why did the rest of the defence go AWOL. Should be scoring at least 3 goals against Huddersfield but never looked like getting a 2nd goal. Thankfully the season if over and i don't have to watch this United side again until August.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's got to the point where the only player that doesn't routinely infuriate me is Lindelof. He'll probably leave in the summer just to kick us while we're down.
I think that says it all, as deep down we know he's not a quality centre back.

cyril C

We conceded one from fullback mistake. Then others mostly by Gk mistakes.
Although Shaw was responsible for the goal, remember it was the players inside the box that FORGOT to obstruct the keeper and allowed him a free pass. But much earlier before that, what were we doing between the 1st goal and their 1st goal, just keep on passing the ball sideway. And we were lucky with a couple of Jones howler

RG 11

The coaching is clearly lacking as well. Players don't have a clue on how to attack. Entire game we saw Rashford taking lame shots, constant flicks. There's no game plan or tactical instructions when we attack. It's just 11 individuals with no discipline and 8/11 with no real quality.

Roger777

The pundits giving McTominay praise just because he was trying.

Think about that. A player getting praised for atleast trying.

What a fecking mess
This just sums up how far we have fallen.

The bus driver should just Feck off without them and make the cnuts walk home.

Foxbatt

Most of the players are not good enough. Any team that has these players would be the same. I really do not understand what Ole and the coaching staff see in some of these players? Matic has been useless apart from the first few games. Pogba though he is very talented and world class play for himself. If Ole thinks Rashford is a world class striker then Ole should be sacked instantly.
Apart from Lindelof no one comes out this game well.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That’s it!

Play the kids in the last game. Herrera and McT should start
Mata played intelligently
Pogba- last match
DDG- send to goalkeeping classes
Shaw- fat camp and sprint training with Darren Campbell
Matic- goodbye
Young - see Matic
Jones- bell end. Swap for anything at cash converters
They still have some N64s and PS1s at cash converters, we would probably need to add some money on top though.

R'hllor

What a game, what a performance.

And to think people being mocked before game for expressing their concerns regarding certain players, the way how we played till to today etc. Same shit next week, delusion of acting superior with twisted version of support, bunch of Tys.

bdspeedy

In a club like us, where the ONLY concern of the owners is the bottom line, the loss of CL money should wake them.

Heinzesight

Would love to sit with the team at United who trawl through social media and forums when they go through this thread. What a bag of utter wank we have become. The team is so average.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
We just drew against the bottom side and one of the worst sides ever in the Premier League. Pathetic.

Djemba-Djemba

I already know how this Summer will go.

We'll feck about and struggle to buy anyone, anyone we do get will be expensive and shite.

First game of next season we'll line up with Young and Jones and Lingard and the usual selection of dogshit in the first 11, we'll start the season poorly and Ole will be sacked by Halloween.

pjaya

Our incredible away following even stopped chanting and that's a good thing. They've probably realised today that this lot don't deserve their time, energy and support. Disgraceful bunch.
I think it’s good that they stop singing. I can’t believe ole still smiling and giving high five to Rashford and clapping

minoo-utd

This is the most expensive squad in the country eh?
Manager stayed 2 months or so and still go games with young,Jones,Matic and Lingard if fit. Feck off seriously.

DRM

I already know how this Summer will go.

We'll feck about and struggle to buy anyone, anyone we do get will be expensive and shite.

First game of next season we'll line up with Young and Jones and Lingard and the usual selection of dogshit in the first 11, we'll start the season poorly and Ole will be sacked by Halloween.
100% this .

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Embarrassing & a disgrace to the shirt.

I just thank God that I got to see & be joyous through all them years of silverware under SAF & the winning mentality of them teams.
Just a fading memory.
When I think of Keane, Cantona, Beckham, Rooney, Ronaldo etc it makes me smile.
When I think of this pathetic lot it makes me cry.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
The coaching is clearly lacking as well. Players don't have a clue on how to attack. Entire game we saw Rashford taking lame shots, constant flicks. There's no game plan or tactical instructions when we attack. It's just 11 individuals with no discipline and 8/11 with no real quality.
True.

People keep on mentioning other managers like Pep or Klopp not being immediate successes.. But even then you could see that their playing style was slowly being ingrained. We are looking worse with each game.

Denis79

Only 4 more years of Jones. We need to cherish this limited amount of time we have with this fantastic footballer.
+1 extension, don't forget that. We'll trigger the clause for sure.

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 404 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Huddersfield win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 20% Huddersfield 0:2 Man Utd
  • 14% Huddersfield 1:2 Man Utd