PL D FA Premier League

Huddersfield Town 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 05 May 2019

john moran

A massive part of being a football manager is motivating players. He’s not doing a good job of it.

Some people are beyond motivation . We have many such individuals at the club . Time to cull and cull without mercy . By May 2021 i would be happy to see none of the following at the club . Pogba , Martial , Sanchez , Jones , Young , Smalling , Shaw , Mata , Matic , Lingard , Rojo ,and Herrera

At that time after a complete rebuild and the removal of the disease that some of those players are bringing to the club you can discuss Oles motivation ability or lack of it .

Last edited by a moderator:

KristianMackle

I'm not really disappointed as I didnt really care much for the result of this game. We were never going to make top 4. It would've taken a monumental collapse from Chelsea and Arsenal. I'm just ready for the season to be over. The players dont look interested and neither am I.

Møllemanden

It doesn't matter what people think about the post Ferguson era managers. Fact is, whether you like them or not - we've had CL winning managers unable to properly motivate the players. We're working with a bunch of overpaid and spoiled brats. You cannot blame the manager.

De Gea 3
Bailly 2
Jones 2
Smalling 2
Young 2
Pogba 1
Herrera 1
Perreira 1
Matic 1
Sanchez 1
Shaw 2
Fred 1
Lindelöf 1
Rojo 1

We've conceded 21 goals this season due to individual errors. It's absolutely shocking.

This kind of attitude is a huge concern. Three players in and three players out wont solve a damn thing.

We just have to move on now. Come on United!

reddevil80

The team should forfeit their wages and pay it back to the loyal fans who travel to our away games and endure their drivel and mindnumbing " efforts ". The fans should ask for their money back.

Swearing Budgie

If we always struggle against shit teams and expect to get beat by the big teams, is it fair to point to the elephant in the room and suggest we have found our level?

Rolaholic

Pogba's gone
He was hardly an issue today,one of the only ones looking to create chances today. Him, Lindelof and McTominay are the only ones who weren't complete shite today

Praying to the footy Gods that Ole's alluding to Young or Jones

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Am I allowed to be critical of posts?

If so this is awful. I read this forum and try to contribute from time to time and generally its decent stuff. My 6 year old could have a better opinion than this.

I think we are all frustrated with performances, board room set up, managers, tactics etc.

I want this season over its draining. Hopefully a good summer and we will be back in the mix.
Well yea, that was sort of the point of the post. A bit of dry humour...

I'll believe when I see it
Scenes when Young, Jones, Smalling are starting come opening game next season

Spotkick

Sell them all and sell ‘em cheap because that’s the only we could ever sell them. How is it possible that arguably the biggest club in the world has these players? Its almost impressive

RoyH1

Another embarrassing performance from “ the biggest club in the world”
For Christ sakes.

maverickjesus

Even without the CL I still feel like there are some basic personnel changes you could make and still make this team significantly better - you could probably bring in the likes of Meunier and Ake and double the ability of our defence without even trying, no hollywood signings required.

Problem is we won't.

Farfetched

Finally, it is over. This is what need to happen:

- Rushford on the bench
- Sanchez and Lukaku sell to the highest bidder
- Pogba to Real Madrid for players swap and cash
- Jones and Ashley start their retirement early
- Martial to anyone who fancy him
- Rojo and Darmian disappear into thin air
- Lingard can go to mid table team
- Mata and Herrera. Thank for your services
Lingard to a mid table team; on our current form he’s already at one unfortunately.

Okey

Dreadful end to a dreadful season, bar the new manager bounce when Ole came in. Massive rebuild required. Though hearing of Mata being offered a new deal and the club hoping he stays hardly inspires confidence we'll do what's required. We live in hope...

Code-CX

I don’t like the guy, but Jose was right. Finishing second with this lot was a huge achievement. We need a massive clearout but won’t be getting anything near that with the tit Woodward making the decisions.

Ventura

Thought that went pretty well. As a friend of mine used to say after fecking up.

Pscholes18

I think if Ole doesn't get the funds he needs this summer, he will quit.....don't think he would let it get to the point where he is fired.

Honestly,I couldn't say who's last game it was today or not.
You could say Sanchez but I honestly wouldn't rule out the idea that he'll be with us next season.

eldoherz

Well yeah but if you continue to line the Glazers pockets without taking action, does that make you a hypocrite when trying to complain about them? For me, if you want them gone you have to take some sort of action, not just sit back, keep giving them money and being quiet while posting online how unhappy you are.
My money is going to the club. To say that I can't support the club whilst having issues with the Glazers is asinine though, the Glazers aren't Manchester United.

On the scale of bad football club owners we could have it a lot worse sadly. The clubs been used as a money pit and poorly managed for sure. Then again we could be owned by the likes of Mike Ashley holding us to ransom over money owed and refusing to allow any real transfer spend at all. Or we could be owned by Saudi Arabia or Qatar and be used as a reputation white washing mechanism and bargaining chip for a corrupt slave killing world cup. We could be owned by convicted rapist Owen Oyston who's list of issues with that club is worthy of a bloody novel.

None of that excuses the Glazers mismanagement but if all we have to worry about is the fact we are no longer title challengers we've got it rosy. People throwing their toys out of the pram like this is why parts of our fan base are universally despised and derided.

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 404 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Huddersfield win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 20% Huddersfield 0:2 Man Utd
  • 14% Huddersfield 1:2 Man Utd