PL D FA Premier League

Hull City 0:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 24 May 2015

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Poor performance from United. They had nothing to play for but it was an insipid display, with Steve Harper having very little to do in the Hull goal. The low point was a wild stamp by Marouane Fellaini on Paul McShane in the second-half, with the United man rightly seeing red.

The home side were fighting for Premiership survival and needed a win to have any chance, but Newcastle's victory against West Ham sealed their relegation. They caused United plenty of problems though, with Valdes making two particularly good saves to deny them. The Spaniard was less than convincing on crosses though.

So the season ends on a muted note for United but top four has been secured so we can look forward to the return of Champions League football next season and hopefully building on this season's progress under Louis Van Gaal.

Roll on 2015/16...

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Valdes was very good.

The rest were slow and static.

A bang average season but a big summer for us in regards to training and getting signings for the team.

togg

Typical end of season game with nothing to play for. Whatever result didn't change anything for us. Not surprised and I'm really not reading much into it. One worry is Rooney's performances over the last month and half...something isn't quite right with him at the moment. He has his dips, but this one seems to have been going on longer.

Raw

Genuinely shite. What a waste of time.

Worrying stat: we've scored 3 goals in the last 6 games. 4 of those we failed to score in.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Breaking: Experts suggest that they've just found a conclusive treatment for insomnia.

Hed Zitin

Well done Valdes. The rest were on the beach.

Not a knee jerk reaction to this lame duck of a game, but we don't create enough. Defensively I don't rate us at all.

El Zoido

Really boring, with Newcastle winning we could have skipped this game entirely.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Awful game but we'll chalk it down to end of season fatigue, or something like that. It's clear reinforcements are needed - particularly in midfield and out wide. Hopefully Memphis is the real deal.

A nothing match this one. We just left the game open for Hull to beat us if they could, because we weren't that bothered winning ourselves.

Objective achieved for the season but not in much style. We need to do more serious business this summer to get our team looking formidable again. These toothless displays can't continue.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Best thing about today was Liverpool's humiliation at Stoke. A meh game to end a meh season.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Looked like nobody wanted to get injured. We were jumping out of everything, not battling for anything 50/50, no busting a gut to keep the ball in or from rolling to a Hull player. Probably to be expected. Everyone will want to be on the beach tomorrow, not hobbling about on crutches.

Or we were just shit and nobody cared because there was nothing to play for.

A clean sheet though :drool:

Scrumpet

There are no words
Not good from Fellaini. Januzaj was just awful.

It is important to be that Abel Hernandez misses the first three games of the Championship next season.

Oo0AahCantona

Valdes was rusty but proving we dont need to go out and spend 30m on lloris or equivalent name.

Very very poor. This has to be the worst goalscoring season i can remember. Although it doesn't feel like it, defensively we seem ok and we can control games better with possession now, but there is just no creativity, pace or initiative in the final third. It's shocking, we need a good summer window if we dont want to be humiliated in the champions league.

RikRuud

Players looked demoralised for some reason. I guess a lot of their friends leaving could impact moral. Bad performance today, Rooney offered nothing Valdes showed his shot stopping quality.

Jaxa

Unprofessional by us and looked like we couldn't be arsed just because we secured Top 4 the least the players could of done for those travelling fans is show up and put in a performance.

rio's upper lip

That was absolutely shocking, whether we had something to play for or not.

Time to back our bags and move into the transfer forum. This summer will be crazy.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Van Gaal and Woodward have some work to do this Summer. We weren't performing at our best today, but that hasn't been a rare occurrence for us this season. We'll get shat on in the CL if we don't improve our team.

Mister_Stubbs

Bit of a meh performance/result. Valdes made some good saves, Rooney showed a bit of his former self, Fellaini is an idiot and away fans brilliant as ever.

Still plenty of work to do in the summer, we are a long way off challenging for the league with this squad we have.

siw2007

Very dim end to the season. It was always going to be a difficult match with having to get a foothold against Hull who were pushing for safety very hard. But I expected more penetration and quality going forwards. We got lucky defensively at times and some of our passing was frustrating.

Majority of the team was subpar. Disappointed to see Di Maria go off early as he looked lively to start with, though I thought Januzaj was positive throughout the game. Fellaini is an idiot, we always knew he had that side to his game but it was a reckless tackle nonetheless. Hernandez should have been off for that punch though.

Felt Valencia and Valdez were our best players. Valencia defended really well all game while Valdez made some great saves.

End of the season though, and we can spend our time thinking what are we going to do now. By the time I figure that out the season will have started anyhow.

Devil may care

I know we didn't have anything to play for but pride, however to not create a single chance against Hull is poor no matter which way you slice it.

buckooo1978

summed up our season in some ways

Boring
Lots of possession
Little goal threat
'World Class' players like Rooney shite
a bit fortunate in a nervy defence

if we hadn't put in so many performances like this I'd say we were a team who didn't care much given our top 4 finish

we need a few significant changes this summer

Poor Brucey

Bojan11

Typical away game. Massive improvement needed in our away form.

Red Stone

Found myself not caring whatsoever once Arsenal started banging them in. A complete nothing match as far as our season is concerned. As soon as Newcastle had secured their fate too it was just a matter of looking forward to the whistle.

Now I want the club to appease the muppets before pre-season. Next season is Van Gaal's first proper opportunity to deliver a proper challenge, without the distractions of the World Cup beforehand. I can't wait for it.

Red_Aaron

Everyone was half paced and half arsed. Looked like they'd been on the beer all week which maybe they were. Was totally inconsequential anyways, I considered skipping it and with hindsight I wish I had

dsch

Falling asleep. Kept awake by the nonsense in the match thread.

Player Ratings

5.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 349 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Hull City win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 17% Hull City 0:2 Man Utd
  • 15% Hull City 0:3 Man Utd