PL W FA Premier League

Hull City 0:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 27 August 2016

Woodzy

And that's what we've been missing the last three years (amongst other wings)

Ballache

Supports
Martial
We went on and on and on and on. Fair play for Hull, they did brilliantly. Ecstatic for that winner! Get in!

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Awesome feeling and awesome win! Get MKII and Rashford in the team on the right!

Shame Chelsea are top but I'd take the 9 points!

Skills

Snitch
Dreadful but got a win. We'll get wrecked by City if we don't get our shit together by then

Someone

Something
Amazing win, this is the real united, even without the win i'd still be satisfied with this performance.

The team simply today never gave up, hull defended brilliantly, with van gaal we'd be hopeless, but now we've done what we've been doing for decades with fergie, amazing feeling.

Fener1907

We look like a team you don't want to come up against right now. Been a while since I looked at us and thought that.

All the comparisons will be with the United of old after that and rightfully so.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
GET THE FECK IN LADS!!! Incredibly valuable 3 points and now we can sit back, relax and wait for the international break to end.

Fantastic play by Rooney for the goal.
It's these games you have to win if you wanna win leagues. Amazing end.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Look much better when Mhkitaryan and Rashford came on. Should be a sign to Mourinho. Another positive is that we seem to regain that winning spirit from Ferguson era. I doubt we could have seen something like this last season.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Mkhitaryan and Rashford brightened things up to another level, happy with the points, fecking annoying match.

Eddy_JukeZ

HUGE WIN.

Knew we'd score. Never doubted it. Rooney had a poor game, but he did superbly for the goal.

togg

Yep...feel the real United is coming back. Brilliant. And we attacked. So many of the top teams are going to encounter this with these teams lower down. Park the bus, try to ride it out. As Fergie says...'yer never giv'in'....Edge of the seat stuff...like we were used to. Very happy. Just see Big Sam changing his mind...I'm telling you.

Von Mistelroum

It's all been said, but that, particularly after Mkhi and Rashford came on, felt like watching Manchester United again! I missed us!

Brightonian

Knew we would score. Just knew it, from the moment Miki and Rashford got us going again.

Been calling for this front four all season so far, still think it's what we need:

Martial Ibra Rashford
Miki
Although credit where it's due to Rooney, that was a brilliant assist.

Man-United

I have missed this! Winning a game with a late winner, such a great feeling!

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Now that was fantastic. Absolutely fantastic.

Our captain with the assist. Our boy wonder with the goal.

Proper United. I'd play them every game.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Highly frustrating but they always say in these type of games you need to win if you want to be champions

We did that so can't complain

Rashford and mkhitaryan really need to start matches in place of Mata and martial seen as though Rooney won't be dropped both too good to miss out

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Us - 1 Homer Ref 0

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Never doubted us winning :nervous: great performance against a cowardly defensive tactic that needs to die quickly. Mkhitaryan and Rashford breathed some life into us when they came on. Pogba was very good defensively but not brilliant shooting-wise; his link up play was good though. Rooney and Mata off the pace today although Rooney became better as the game wore on. Defensively, perfect. Fellaini's early booking restricted him somewhat thought we really should've started with Herrera anyway.

In other news think I got a perfect score in the line-up prediction with subs :devil:

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
It's these games you have to win if you wanna win leagues. Amazing end.
Indeed. Fantastic result in a very tough fixture. Credit to Hull for defending so well, but I think we deserve the win all things considered.

kiristao

In all this excitement, we should not forget the bloody amazing job Fellani is doing. Every Hull clearance was won back by him. Helped us keep the continuous pressure..

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Mhkitaryian and Rashford must start, changed everything for us

Skills

Snitch
And that's what we've been missing the last three years (amongst other wings)
Late goals? We got a few under Van Gaal. Van Persie against Chelsea, Schweinsteiger against Watford

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Jose's 'get Smalling on' celebration was the most Jose thing ever.
:lol: True. Just saw that.

Great result. I didnt think we'd score to be honest. Our first half peformance, or possibly until the hour mark, was really average going forward. Loved the way we attacked towards the end. Had a right go.

edcunited1878

There's a large collective group of individuals who pushed on and on, knowing things weren't coming off. Ibra, Pogba, Rooney, Mkhitaryan, Rashford, Shaw. They continued to press and press. Hull defended extremely well with Davies the MOTM, but United pushed on in the driving rain. Match winners to choose from there at the end. Lovely result and resilient showing by both clubs.

RetroStu

I believe in Mourinho. I said about 20mins ago in the match thread that if Fergie was still here, we'ds score a winning goal, can Mourinho do it. Well he did and that hope is back, that never say die attitude is at least coming back.
I might actually enjoy this season for a change!.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Three points in Fergie time, nearly 30 shots, wave after wave of pressure, it's like the last three years never happened.

I was slagging off Rooney earlier but he produced a real moment for the Rashford goal.

Martial looks lost right now. Rashford did more running than Tony has in his last few matches. Martial and Mata under real threat now.

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 913 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Hull City win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 29% Hull City 0:3 Man Utd
  • 26% Hull City 0:2 Man Utd