PL W FA Premier League

Hull City 0:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 27 August 2016

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
28 shots.
The pressure in the last 20 minutes was incredible.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Bailly and Blind are great, it will hard for Smalling to get back into first eleven since these 2 play so good.

Rooney's been wank in the middle, much better on the left where he found more space to operate.

Rashford MUST play, has everything in his locker to become great player!

Overall seemed like I was watching United of old, not that rigid, safe passing shit served for last 2 seasons, long may it continue! :drool:

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Yep. The first half was a bit poor as you say, but the second. Just great to see. If we had LVG last year we would have just pissed the game away passing side to side.

I'm ecstatic with that second half and how we have won the game.
Yep, I agree about LvG. We'd have been passing sideways and waiting for the perfect opportunity to try and attack -- rather than what we did today, just take the game by the scruff of the neck and force errors with a positive, carefree, but meticulous attacking approach.

Yeah, that's honestly left me happier than any performance in years. So many positives from that game.

VanGaalEra

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant! We laid seige to the goal in that last 30 mins and when you do that, you'll eventually get what you deserve.

Nickosaur

Incredible feeling with that last-minute winner. Best players were Tony, Bailly, Blind, Shaw and of course Rashers.

MDFC Manager

Loved Mourinho's celebration, the whole 3 seconds of it, before he got busy telling Smalling to get on:lol:

He wants to win the league this season

AkaAkuma&

United came up against a very resiliant Hull side, otherwise it was a fine display of dominant football. 29 attempts says its all. Any other day it could have been 3 or 4 goals for United.

Hed Zitin

Take nothing away from Hull. That was a tremendous defensive performance.

Davies should get a chance for England. He's having a great season.

edcunited1878

Wayne played on the left once Rashford came on. United played an open 442 with Mkhitaryan coming in from the right and Valencia coming deep from the right. Pogba was above Felliani who was the ball winner with Bailly and Blind when Hull cleared.

Gopher Brown

Great performance from us, iffy finishing the only problem. Hull defended magnificently but did little to try and win it. Martial is in trouble for the next game, as is Mata. Bailly is a brilliant signing.

ghagua

Horrible football until Mkhitaryan and Rashford came on. Valencia was left alone by himself on the right with no one to help him because princess Mata was too busy trying to help Hull by drifting infield all the time. Martial will get going, but he needs to get on the ball more and make smart decisions with the ball.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
This is why I love football.

I just knew we'd score and the more hopeless the situation and the more the clock ran down, I just knew somehow we'd find a way.

#josetime

Reactions: Mciahel Goodman

WyoManU

Thought we were fairly pedestrian in the first half. Our build up play was slow and lethargic and we lacked pace. To be fair, Hull were the home side and defended almost the entire match with 12 men behind the ball, which will always make it difficult.

Now, if people don't understand why Mihki should be starting for either Rooney or Mata then we aren't watching the same game. I think he is my MotM only participating in the last 25 minutes. He was quick, decisive and took the ball forward and past defenders. He caused most of the problems for Hull at the end.

Fellaini is still not good enough for me. Sorry Mourinho.

Rooney was slightly above his average. Not really bad, but mostly not really effective either. Full credit for him to beat his man on the touchline and then pick out that pass to Rashford which went through the first defenders legs and was weighted perfectly between the goalkeeper and the defender tracking Rash. It was a moment of brilliance, and I am typically slagging Rooney off.

Mata is too limited. Martial looks lost and uninterested and needs to be benched and made to work his way back into the team.

Rashford has to start. The kid is fearless and gets himself into positions that Zlatan doesn't.

Zlatan was very good I thought.

Defense was solid.

Pogba was trying too hard but you can see where he will be a star, but he does have to learn how to manage a game better.

On another day we may well have won 5-0. Very pleased. I was getting nervous at the end but it just seemed inevitable that we would score...just like the good old days.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Shaw saying in the post match interview he didn't think we'd manage to score. Has he realised yet which club he plays for? :lol:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Had a staffy bull terrier snoozing away on me when United scored. Startled him when United scored by accidentally cheering in his ear, he just gave me a confused look and went back to sleep. Some people just don't get it...

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
There we go, that never say die spirit back in abundance. That was genuinely the closest performance to anything we've seen under Fergie since he retired. That gung-ho, send everyone forward, control the game with defenders in advanced positions, style of play. I had it down as a 1-0 win for us, and I just felt that goal was coming. I haven't had that sort of confidence in us scoring late in fecking years.

Poor first half, but complete domination in the second. Unlucky not to have a penalty, but we constantly tried to make things happen. Big performance from Rashford, he has to start now. Mkhitaryan too, they both changed that game drastically -- and, unfortunately for Martial, Mkhitaryan really showed how little he was doing in the first half. Not a criticism of Anthony, because he's still a young player adapting to a new role under a new manager. He'll be fine.

Finally - feckING YES.

Edit: Bailly is incredibly good. Mourinho signed a gem there. Very similar to Rio, and even bits of Vidic.
Mourinho seldom buys big. But he mostly got his purchases spot on all these years

Angelinho

Well Played Hull City
Frustrating to watch for large parts.

Great to see the return of late winners and substitutions that influence the game in our favour.

Rashford and Mkhitaryan are knocking loudly on the door of the starting eleven.

AndyJ1985

I thought it was going to be one of those days and we'd be left frustrated. But we showed the right attitude and team spirit throughout and we got our deserved reward at the end. It feels more and more like the United of old is back.

Minimalist

So fecking frustrating but Hull played their part. Great to nick the win and great for Rashford after the worries. He was electric.

Front four still needs sorted as there's far too many mistakes made for me when in the final third - Miki needs to play at least.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Its nice to see a manager that would make substitutions that makes a positive difference again.

I remember LVG making subs and our play actually got worse.

Dinghy

Got to give credit where it's due. Rooney saved the 3 points. Still think he had a awful game but he finally gave us one moment of quality. Mkhi should start every game. Mourinho has proved his point that he's got nothing against Mata, now it's time to play the best players. Martial should also start to worry about his place. He looks nothing like the player he was last season.

Just love the way we kept up the constant pressure on them while winning every ball being cleared out from their defence. Bailly and Blind complements each other perfectly and were excellent in winning the ball back. The winning mentality also seems to be back. Think this is going to be a fun season.

Reactions: Mciahel Goodman

Ace of Spades

Great game, good to get that never say die spirit back.

Miki and Rashford really increased the tempo of the attack, and the pressure piled on Hull, which eventually got us the win.

Also, Hull look a good organized side, think they will stay up if they can get in some players.

Red Stone

Difficult to rate the performances of the players today. That wasn't a football match, and the weather just made the it even more of a shitfest.

Strong smell of title winning potential around the team now, though. Winning these types of games is going to prove vital at the end.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Showed proper spirit throughout, haven't seen that in a while.
Great performance today.
Hull parked the bus and made it fairly obvious what they were trying to do.
We dominated the match and tried to score a goal from all angles.
It got to a stage where many players were taking long range shots.
In the last 15 minutes of the match, I was at the edge of my seat.
Our players were working very hard and doing everything they could to pump the ball towards the Hull goal mouth.
The pace of our attacks was also increasing as the game went on, which is good as it gave us good practise/preparation for our next game.

LVG vs Jose
Under LVG we'd have settled for a 0-0 draw and he may even had brought on a defender.
We'd be passing sideways and backwards, to our GK.
Under Jose, it's attack attack attack.

Today, we had 29 shots. Under LVG's MUFC would need about 15+ games to get that many shots off.

The White Elephant
This may not be a popular opinion, but Rooney was excellent in today's goal - he practically ran off the pitch to get the ball to Rashford.
He showed energy and aggression, which is something which I feel he has been lacking during the last 2 seasons.

Man Utd vs Man City

I think that in our next game, we should start with the team which finished today, though I feel that Rashford will not be a starter for us yet.
Miki was great - he was attacking hard and I think he may start in our next match.

MOTM
M.Rashford - he was a nuisance for the opposition, from the minute he came on and then scored the winner.
In our last game, I gave our players/manager 9/10.
Today, once again, I give our team 9/10.

Final Words
VINTAGE MUFC. SHEER ENTERTAINMENT. ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!!!!

criticalanalysis

Bloody hell Mourinho sure can talk :lol:. BT Sports interview, 3-4 questions at most and solid 2-3 minutes for each lol.

For sure he's happy with the squad and he should be. There's quality in all positions.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Mkhitaryan and Rashford completely changed the game. Both brilliant cameos. Bailly and Blind perfect performances at the back. Shaw and Valencia again very good, though the crosses could have been better at times. Fellaini solid and did his job well, Pogba helped control but shooting was a bit off. Ibra and Martial quiet and a bit off, that happens. Rooney got a lot better as the game went on, was pretty shite in the first hour but he came alive the more we started chasing it. Mata did pretty well while he was on, but the change was the right one obviously. The 4 standouts though were the center backs and the subs though. Brilliant from all of them.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Solid 6 team performance today. Not that bad but could definitely and should definitely be better.

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 913 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Hull City win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 29% Hull City 0:3 Man Utd
  • 26% Hull City 0:2 Man Utd