PL W FA Premier League

Hull City 0:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 27 August 2016

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Frustrating as feck not being able to get it in, but I'd rather be frustrated by that than because we aren't attacking at all.
The conditions and how well Hull played defensively made it very difficult for us to play our football properly.
Great to see us seeing it through to the end and getting the win.

Will Singh

The 2nd half was the UTD way!

The last time I cried when we scored was 99 CL final winner which is understandable but when Rashford scored I felt that emotion again which is amazing!

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I really hope Martial picks up his game soon. You can see he still has the class but his head drops too much.

Raw Cantona

Bailly and Blind are great, it will hard for Smalling to get back into first eleven since these 2 play so good.

Rooney's been wank in the middle, much better on the left where he found more space to operate.

Rashford MUST play, has everything in his locker to become great player!

Overall seemed like I was watching United of old, not that rigid, safe passing shit served for last 2 seasons, long may it continue! :drool:
Thought that myself about Rooney, Jose should have swapped Rooney and Martial around and give Zlatan somebody link up with and put through.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
Delighted. United of old, was screaming when Rashford scored.
The three of us stood up raising our hands. That hasn't happened in a while.

It was the kind of performance we used to have against our bogey teams. And the gk performance comparable to a few of Brad Friedel's against us.

Also Rooney was actually good today.

Man-United

I missed the Jose talk. What did he say about Europa League? Did he confirm he will rotate in that?

TrueRed79

We were absolutely dire today, let's not forget that. Of course it's fantastic to get the win etc, but can't get around the huge lack of urgency in the first 60 min. It was really bad and unexpected. Maybe in the long-term it might help us along the way, but i ain't getting ahead of myself. The finish was Utd of old though. Top drawer from Rashford.

edcunited1878

ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK! (Fergie Style!)
442. Wayne was wide and Rashford and Ibra occupied the center halves and at times Wayne would switch with Rashford on the left. But there were always two center forwards in the box, Pogba behind, wide player far post with Felliani, Blind and Bailly sweeping and playing the ball forward quickly not allowing Hull to push out.

pablo__p

More and more in love with Mou.

Instilled the mentality almost immedately, clear direction and says all the right things.

Interstingly, he clearly has Young over Memphis at least at the moment.

Most importantly, watching United is great again. The passion of last 15 mins was something else in a post-fergie era.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
No answers for 90+ minutes for a well organised Hull team. A more experienced team will exploit that. City will punish us and Hull almost punished us.
Except City won't sit back and it will be us hitting them on the counter, that much is obvious. Strange post.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
We were absolutely dire today, let's not forget that. Of course it's fantastic to get the win etc, but can't get around the huge lack of urgency in the first 60 min. It was really bad and unexpected. Maybe in the long-term it might help us along the way, but i ain't getting ahead of myself. The finish was Utd of old though. Top drawer from Rashford.
Yes and things instantly improved once we brought Rash/Miki on. Jose got the starting team wrong today.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Anyone have a video of Mourinho's post match comments? Pricks on Norwegian TV decided to show a Mike Phelan monologue instead.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
There's a large collective group of individuals who pushed on and on, knowing things weren't coming off. Ibra, Pogba, Rooney, Mkhitaryan, Rashford, Shaw. They continued to press and press. Hull defended extremely well with Davies the MOTM, but United pushed on in the driving rain. Match winners to choose from there at the end. Lovely result and resilient showing by both clubs.
Nice post

edcunited1878

No mention for Hull who defended very deep and had 3 to five players always occupying the middle of their box. Absolutely dire they weren't. It was a tough, tough match because of Hull defending, the rain, wind and the heavy pitch. But United got it done. Just win baby.

Scarr

Defensively Hull were set up very well. Nearly flawless. Very impressed with Phelan, he did not make it easy for us in the slightest. But we came away with all three points and that's all that really matters on a night like tonight. Massive victory especially with the break coming up. The overall performance wasn't that great but you have to be pleased with how the lads kept plugging away and never gave up. The Manchester United way. Rashford and Mkhitaryan proved why they should be starting. They should've at least came on at halftime so Mourinho got away with one you could argue. Anyhow I'm unbelievably happy after that. It's going to be a great two weeks. Love you all

Triple.Threat

My lord... So we actually have a manager and players who are capable of dealing with teams who park the bus!!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Anyone have a video of Mourinho's post match comments? Pricks on Norwegian TV decided to show a Mike Phelan monologue instead.
Very magnanimous in victory. He gave Hull and Phelan a lot of credit and praise. I think we are seeing a new era Jose more like the way SAF started to be; little of the arrogance and a quiet satisfaction in the job

Ban

Fergie time!!!:drool:

I think we deserved this. We had about, what, 29 shots. Tried and tried and succeeded. Introduction of Mickhey and Rashford definitely changed the game and upped the tempo. They deserve a start vs City.

That boy Marcus, what a player, as soon as he came in, we were more dangerous.

Special mention for Rooney. I think overall he had a decent game and in the end had a great assist. I'm sure the haters will find something wrong even with an assist, something like he didn't mean to put it for Marcus, but credit where credit's due.

We're definitely going in the right direction. Last year we'd have draw this kind of game or would lose. We look like a lot more direct and our play looks like it has purpose.

It was an United of old, attack attack and attack some more until you brake your opponent.

Credit for Hull and Phelan, they made it really hard for us, defended great and looked dangerous upfront in bits. I hope Hull will continue to look this good which will mean Phelan will stay.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Moyes and Van Gaal take note, that's how you fecking chase a game. Sustain the pressure and batter the door down. Those last 30 minutes, once Mkhitaryan came on basically, were brilliant.

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 913 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Hull City win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 29% Hull City 0:3 Man Utd
  • 26% Hull City 0:2 Man Utd