PL W FA Premier League

Hull City 0:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 27 August 2016

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
Blind has been an unsung hero from the start of the season, Smalling will have his work cut out to be first choice again.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I get the feeling that some people would complain even if we beat Barcelona in the CL Final.

3 wins out of 3 EPL games is a fantastic performance from our team.
Support your team when they do well.
I'm ecstatic mate. Don't question my support just because I'm being critical, several players should've played better today. We were extremely unlucky at times I suppose.

6 isn't too bad anyway, it's decent.

Dazzmondo

Mourinho's now the first United manager to win his first 4 games in charge. Let's make it 5 straight against City Jose :D

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
That was a strange game. I don't think we played too well, especially in attack, our passing was not precise, the players were quite slow & we were not direct enough etc. Mhki and Rashford changed that to some extent. I also don't feel too confident about our midfield yet, if Pogba is going to play in a 2, we had better put a proper DM behind him, yes, Fellaini has been fantastic and did a proper mopping up job today too, but, we haven't really dictated play in midfield this season and for me, that's a worry. I'm very happy we won.
It might take us playing a 3 man midfield for that to happen. Pogba at the top of the point facing forward with a 2 of whomever behind.

zeekey

For me it was sweeter to win it that way for the benefit of the small time Hull fans who celebrated every misplaced pass like a goal. They were worse than the Bournemouth fans.

Hull defended well and it was obvious what their plan was. Our centre backs were good. Smalling's got his work cut out to get back in. Many people thought Blind would drop out including myself but Mourinho must see something. Fellaini did a job again. Valencia couldn't cross to a red shirt but caused problems. The two subs were brilliant.

Shimo

Going to be honest - the LVG era had me so disenchanted in games like this I was resigned to not scoring. This is even though we had the kitchen sink being thrown at Hull. I couldn't stop scream Rashford's name in the end.

Have to say Mourinho got his subs right but, do wonder what we'd be like if we actually start without one of Rooney or Mata and put Mkhi/Lingard/Rashford out on the right. We need to have more than 1 attacker that will have a go at defenders and right now even Marital isn't doing that in the current line up. Think if we get a complimentary player on the other side - the game will open up for him.

Really looking forward to the City game now. It's going to be a real litmus test especially for our defense. While they've been really good so far, they have not really been tested. Love Bailly but, have a bad feeling of him against Aguero.

Trizy

After the 3 years we had, the new lads trying to buy into Jose's vision, scoring a late winner after throwing everything but the kitchen sink at a team defending for their lives is worth much more to the mentally going forward than 3 points!

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
It was great to see us chasing the game the way it should be done and looking like it was a matter of time. Not lumping balls up to Fellaini

Roosney

thats just a brilliant picture. cheers
Looks like from Frank Miller's Sin City with the rain drops and all, nice photo.

About the game: still buzzing, was all smiles like a lunatic when I went out for a walk with the dog, even made a few fist bumps out in public :devil:

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
This was the type of game we would have drawn, or conceded a late goal last season. Made up we got the winner and didn't think we played too badly

Slevs

likes to play with penises
On my mobile,could some ease send s gif of the goal pleaseeee???

Untied

:lol:

Fantastic. Thinking about what to do in 2 seconds.
When we lost to his Real Madrid in the CL it was the same. We can talk about how the Nani red card was unjustified etc, but his reaction to it to switch Modric on exploited the weakness immediately. We were too slow to react and once we did it was too late.

U99ted

We only had 56% possession?

According to BBC we had 62% possession.

I'll watch the game later, but it does sound like we fully deserved the win. 29 shots, that's got to be more than all our games under LVG combined.

friend

Fantastic result and what a sweet victory this turned out to be !

Rashford with such a potent performance in a very short period of time and credit to Mkhitaryan as well for changing the dynamic of the game after coming. Too often when teams are defending deeps like Hull, the substitutes find it just as hard as those already on the pitch to influence the game but both Rashford and Mkhitaryan managed to do so well.

Bailly and Blind were magnificent again as well.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
It was great to see us chasing the game the way it should be done and looking like it was a matter of time. Not lumping balls up to Fellaini
LOL.
I actually forgot that under LVG, long balls to Fellaini, was our only plan B, when plan A (bore the opposition to death) failed to work.

TypeR

What better way to score, than having Mou Time to score the match winner?

Elated to get the points. The vibe's overwhelmingly positive now. The past 3 years i wouldn't have bet a cent on us scoring a game winner in extra time. Now I felt that same sense of inevitability that we will break teams down no matter how long they hold up, that was so prevalent during the Fergie years.

Time to kick on for the derby. Glory glory.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
When I hear Rio and Scholesy talk about Rooney like that I doubt myself..... Are we being too critical?
Critical implies knowledge. It can be positive sometimes. Negativity and scapegoating is a mob reflex.

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 913 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Hull City win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 29% Hull City 0:3 Man Utd
  • 26% Hull City 0:2 Man Utd