EL W Europa League Round of 16 2nd Leg

Manchester United 2:1 LASK

Post-match discussion

Wed, 05 August 2020

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
Man Utd 0:1 LASK - Wiesinger (55')

Man Utd 1:1 LASK - Lingard (57')

Man Utd 2:1 LASK - Martial (88')

mu4c_20le

Enjoyed the second half. The subs changed the game, fair play

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not a great game, but we all knew it wouldn't be.

Saw it through fairly comfortably in the end. Even with the comedy trying to walk it in near the end.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Williams and Maguire didn't pick up injuries. That was the most important thing about tonight. Nothing else really happened.

We have a lot of players to sell.

Chicharo

Did anyone here actually doubted that Lingard would score in this game :D
Job done. Now lets win this and sign Sancho in the meantime

Shark

@NotShark
Decent second half in the end, Tony coming on to show how it's done and Chong looking very promising, that kid definitely deserves chances next season.

AaronMUFC

I actually think Lingard looked decent. It's possible if he can get back to form he could be a reasonable back up for Bruno and we can spend the Grealish money elsewhere, such as a deeper midfielder or defender. I also thought Mengi looked promising.

King Andow

Embarrasing. Safe to say that our B team would fight for relegation in the EPL, and probably lose. And there's people talking about challenging, nuts. Let's see if the board and Ole do what they need to do, bin half of the feckers and replace them with actual quality, starting (late) now. Not going anywhere with this squad.

RedIan

Last 20 minutes was a bit better with a few subs on. Lingard actually did ok. Better than most in the first half.. roll on monday and a strong team out.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Fred looked rusty, Scott was okay, Ighalo and the others overall pretty meh. I expect we'll see Pogba, Bruno and Martial for the next match.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Didn't realize that there are so many trash in our squad.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Embarrasing. Safe to say that our B team would fight for relegation in the EPL, and probably lose. And there's people talking about challenging, nuts. Let's see if the board and Ole do what they need to do, bin half of the feckers and replace them with actual quality, starting (late) now. Not going anywhere with this squad.
You alrite hun?

always_hoping

Job done with 9 first teamers rested. Always good when you come back from a goal down to win.

Looking forward to next Monday v Copenhagen now

paulscholes18

Matic, Pogba, Bruno, Greenwood, Rashford & Martial will be sleeping well tonight, no chance any of their places are under threat

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Good God. Not quite sure what people were expecting here. Rested entire first team, pretty much, a few decent cameos, chalked up another win. I'll happily take that.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
First half was a bit of a warm up /players getting up to speed... Then I thought the second was pretty good all things considered . Final ball let us down a lot but there were some nice moves in there.

I think these players can still compliment our first team for the rest of the tournament, which is what we'll need them to do.

Shaw Mee Tah Mané

Fred good.
Andreas' touch was on fire today
Chong didnt look too bad playing LB
James - finished. What the actual...

Bobski

So open, Lask were throwing numbers forward, causing some problems to be fair, but it was almost impressive how many times Utd messed up exploiting the gaps left behind.

Pretty obvious that not only was it a downgrade in quality but the starters were badly lacking in match sharpness.

siw2007

A bit of crap game, poor performance but got a win anyway. Shockingly I thought Lingard was probably man of the match, actually had a decent game. Poor displays from TFM, James and McTominay though. I will put some of it down to lack of sharpness but it was poor nonetheless.

I expect to see something closer to our first 11 on Monday in what should be a better game.

Djemba-Djemba

5-0 up from the first leg and with that backup first 11 we were always going to be disjointed tonight.

Always nice to win games though.

FatherWolff

You are half right and half wrong. Remember, most of these boys has carried our season. But some of them need to go. Out on loan, and some out of the club.

MonkeysMagic

This game showed us what we knew already, 4/5 players need to go this transfer window and another 4/5 next. There are better younger players being blocked from progressing.

Should have more of the first 11 in quarters and hopefully couple of the other stronger teams get knocked out!

stu_1992

Certainly not the best performance, but ultimately it wasn't an important one and the team was full of backup players for the most part. Now I would argue that I would have wanted them to put their out their best foot forward and stake a claim, but it wasn't to be. Felt like a friendly in all honestly, apart from a few tasty tackles the first half.

Glad to see Martial continue to score. He'll be super confident heading into the QF and that's a good thing. No injuries it seems which is also very positive. I hate to say it, busy jesus Mata was horrendous today. Despite the assist for the Martial goal.

Crashoutcassius

lingard had a bright game but he often does at this level, the type of games he used to have in the prem but no longer.

this is what a match looks like when you throw out 10 random players and maguire and just fail to motivate them. fair enough. hopefully we get going for the next tie

Alemar

It’s the first time ever I have seen glimpses of a player in Chong. Really good, better than Williams. Maybe he shall be an attacking LB we strive for?

Happy for Mengi who’s got his debut and didn’t put a foot wrong.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Bah had problems with the team lineup at the end of the match, had to reset the lineup and delete all the player ratings submitted :(

So if you submitted player ratings up until a minute ago, please do so again. Soz.

MrBest

saw the last 10 minutes, did we sign a new blonde Brazilian with bags of first touch and dribbling ability?

Player Ratings

5.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 164 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • LASK win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 30% Man Utd 3:0 LASK
  • 25% Man Utd 2:0 LASK