PL D FA Premier League

Leicester City 2:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 23 December 2017

Devil may care

Shambolic 2 points dropped, attacking wise we were much better than the last 3 games in terms of creation, but the finishing let us down, and we were always under threat of getting caught out without that 3rd goal, the balance in midfield is still not right, we can't control games well enough.

joedirt87

Leicester played with more heart and they were down to 10. Just goes to show you that there's something wrong with the mentality of this squad. A Fergie team would have never surrendered a lead so meekly.
home to Everton 2011-2012.

Still I don't recall Fergie just having the team sit back to hit on the counter in that game.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Anyone who is discussing Lukaku as a cause for our inability to take him three points, have you been medically certified?

I can’t believe some of the shit I’m reading.

Last edited by a moderator:

DevilRed

In hindsight they should have thrown Pogba and EVERYONE back to defend the last minute.

Letting the "we must score goals" mantra get to us. Would much rather we just sat the feck back and passed it around boringly for the 3 points.

Ban

I sincerely hope mourinho is going “Mike Basset England Manager going batshit crazy at half time losing to the mexicans” against them.

Since city wrapped up the league we have been absolute dog shit. fecking disgraceful. Its disgusting their attitude. Sack Mourinho in the summer.
:lol:come of it.

Camilo

Thought we were good today - utterly in control and should have been out of sight. First goal was poor goalkeeping and a combined team idiot moment - it happens. Smalling shouldn't have been on the pitch for their second - extremely poor decision by him and coaching staff.

leontas

Shambolic - we actually did well to create chances tonight, but the wastefulness in front of goal was criminal. Lingard, Martial and Rashford should take a good hard look at themselves for how wasteful they've been tonight.

Rashford especially should've buried his one-on-one and should showed more urgency when he had tons of space on the left side towards the end. We deserve a draw for our criminal finishing and for sitting back against 10-man Leicester.

Merry fecking Christmas lads.

edgecutter

Can't understand why we couldn't take it to the corner. Two or three opportunities to slow the pace down and see the game out. Rashford would be a superstar if he wasn't brain dead

Imran Mamdani

Complete dimwits, they're gonna go off feckin enjoy Christmas with their millions (doesn't look like any of them bar DDG take utd seriously), whilst the rest of us fans rue our chances... it's all City's to loose now.

Irrational.

Seriously done with this team. Bunch of fecking cowards. Leicester showed more courage with 10 men and being behind than we did all game. Saw the equaliser coming a mile off.

Martial, Rashford and Lingard can all feck off. If there were any better alternatives in our squad I wouldn't want to see them in a United shirt for a long time.

Lukaku MoTM and it's just a shame none of the chances fell to him.

This team has zero heart and zero courage, and crumble at the first sign of pressure. We are going to win feck all this season, unless Jose sorts these sacks of shit out in Jan. I can count on one hand the players that deserve their salary. Bunch of pretenders.

Fecking gutted. This was that Portsmouth FA Cup tie all over again.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Hope Smalling and Jose choke on their turkey....both need to feck off!!

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I don't understand.

Mourinho did everything right, he changed the right players, he was encouraging players to attack in the last 10 mins.

The guys just wasted too much silly chances, what happened?
The players are completely brainless.

mancan92

I mean how fecking hard is it to kill the game against 10 men. All we had to do is keep the ball for longer than a few seconds make them run around keep the ball in the corner. Slow it down take your fecking time. Yet we sit on our goal line against fecking Leicester and hope for the points.

Kapardin

We aren't just replacing all of our attackforce in a window, thats mental
Then City will pull away from us even more. Chelsea and Liverpool will strengthen as well.

We need a RW and a #10 minimum. I would ideally get a LW too, but I suppose that is too much to ask considering we need atleast 2 more midfielders and FBs.

Ban

Silly goal to concede and silly chances to miss. All the worse since we had a good game I thought.

Sentient Meat

People blaming lukaku know nothing about football. Fools. He put chances on a plate for his teammates and they choked
In some of the past games he's been poor... but he put two brilliant passes that should have goals so he definitely did his share today. So disappointing to draw this way.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Soft underbelly. We have progressed since Fergie left but as a club I still feel that we are jinxed!
I agree with this, there’s a voodoo doll out there somewhere. Possibly in the hands of City’s owner...

redIndianDevil

The missed sitters were obviously bad, and something should have been done about Smalling because he shouldn’t have been who was on McGuire on that last free kick, but the thing that really sticks out to me and angers me is that breakaway we had a couple minutes or so before Liecester equalized...

I mean, wth is Rashford doing jogging to the ball, then holding onto it instead of playing in a wide open Lukaku...?

The game could have been killed right there, there was “blood in the water” and we should have attacked, but he just sat on the ball. I don’t get it.
I thought he was playing it safe and that he'd take the ball to the corner to wind down some time, but the idiot passed it into the middle immediately after defenders came back on.

Hansa

Just depressing. The cushion to the teams below was right there waiting for us. Instead we treated the second half like a kickabout in the park. Disgraceful finishing from someone calling themselves 'professional' footballers. I'm usually not one to be too critical after matches, but today was infuriating.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I don't know where to start with this, we're an absolute joke. Mentally weak. Leicester were down to ten men and instead of going for blood and finishing them off we start tip tapping the ball backwards. Waste glorious chances when we do make them.

The one that got me was when Rashford was clear on the halfway line with Rashford through the middle and he just jogged then stopped. We were 3 on 1 and we've just drawn the game. Stop trying to be clever and finish the game off. Bunch of absolute mugs.

Shiva87

That was the stupidest way to draw that game! Well done lads. At this rate, we should be called bottlechester United!

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Last 15 minutes were pathetic. We should killed them.
I am not a manager so i can name two players with i am angry so much that i want to call the all sort of names but i will say only : rashford and smalling.
Rashford had worst cameo in a long time. 3 times he goes in counter and every time he fecks it up. Especially that time in 93th minute. Does he know to pass the ball? What is his problem? I just can't understand that.
Smalling- what to say? First goal he just allowed mahrez to do want he wants and second goal was absolute disaster.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
We were basically given those 3 points on a silver platter but couldn't be arsed to take it. Should have won 5-1.

Also, why do we drop back with 9 men to the top of the box and let them bomb in crosses with no pressure at all when were one more man on the pitch?

gica_7

Felt so much like a game from last year. It is dissapointing to see a rightly earned lead slip away so easily simply by the carelessness of our attackers. Absolutely amateurish stuff, really.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
You muppet. Lukaku set both Martial and Lingard up for goals and they missed two easy chances.
He hasn’t got any of the qualities to play for Man Utd. That touch was unforgivable and he makes the wrong decision time and time again. A static lamp post could do better. Get shut.

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 407 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 25% Leicester 1:2 Man Utd
  • 15% Leicester 0:2 Man Utd