PL D FA Premier League

Leicester City 2:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 23 December 2017

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Hope Smalling and Jose choke on their turkey....both need to feck off!!
Smalling was unable to move

He should have taken him out and done a makeshift job.

Severe calamity at the end. No Organization at all. I dunno if we blame Jose or not. But we needed something to happen when smalling pulled his groin. He should not have been in there and was a liability

Blue always red

No. Rashford is. We should have scored so many but one of our subbed in players decided not to pass or run at the keeper on a counter
Wow this infuriated me. Lukaku who busted a gut all game made a run only for Rashford to jog onto the ball and turn around. I'd have been livid if I was Lukaku because he was in acres of space.

IrishRedDevil

He hasn’t got any of the qualities to play for Man Utd. That touch was unforgivable and he makes the wrong decision time and time again. A static lamp post could do better. Get shut.
What touch? Oh, the one that Maguire touched with his toe that Lukaku didn't touch. OPEN YOUR EYES.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Blame that on that donkey Herrera. Jones realised straight away and tried to get Lindelöf in the middle. Herrera refused to go to right back.

Dogshit player. To consolidate a lead we're better bringing piece of cheese on.
Wait, I missed that. Why did he refuse?

Slartibartfast

We sat back & allowed the 10 men of Leicester to pump in cross after cross in the last 5-10 mins, so we got exactly what we deserved - nothing more nothing less

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
We were very good, very wasteful and very unlucky.

No doubt we will have people moaning about us being terrible dreadful cretins but we had a really good game away from home at a tough ground.

Sentient Meat

The only thing Smalling should have been doing at the end was standing on the inside of one post, just to narrow the goal two feet. Otherwise there was absolutely no point for him to be on the field marking people in his state.

Kapardin

Leicester played with more heart and they were down to 10. Just goes to show you that there's something wrong with the mentality of this squad. A Fergie team would have never surrendered a lead so meekly.
Leicester were terrible and did not deserve this point. They had no choice but to attack us even when they were down to 10 men as they were trailing.

I support whatever Jose does with Rashford, Lingard and Martial after this. Even if he gives them the hairdryer treatment and drops them for the next 5 games. I can forgive even Lingard, his miss was obviously in the rush of the moment, but Rashford was greedy/lazy and Martial wanted to go for the dramatic "I banged it in" effect. Fecking disgrace.

PoTMS

Lukaku was fecking ace. Exactly what you want from your centre forward, shame he was surrounded by dickheads.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Awful misses tonight. Wasteful as feck. Martial, Jesse and Rashford

2 soft goals as well. Thought Dave should have come for the ball , and Smalling coming back on was pointless, as he couldn’t move or fecking jump.

Disaster.

RedNed77

Ryan Giggs, Andy Townsend and Tim Sherwood must be the worst commentary team you could think of. Almost as horrible as that game.

Bwuk

Honestly, anyone who defends Smalling and Jones after that last 10 mins or so when Smalling is clearly injured doesn't understand football. He should of went somewhere out the way and moved someone like Matic to the back if we weren't subbing him off.

chb23

We had so many chances to kill the game it was insane, clear cut chances too.

I'm still fuming that Rashford didn't try to put Lukaku through near the end, absolutely stupid by Rashford

DevilRed

Totally agree. Put LUKAKU through and it's game over
Sometimes I feel sorry that nobody can put in a decent cross or pass for him to score. Instead, today he created 3 chances for Lingard, Rashford and Martial to go one on one with the keeper. No wonder he is fecking frustrated.

prateik

Feck top 4 we are not Arsenal.
Of course not. I'm not happy with it. But we arent getting anywhere close to City. Title talk is delusional..
The next target is CL qualification...

I wont be too stressed about every dropped point in the league. I'll take 3rd + CL semis or better.. Or 3rd + the FA cup.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Lukaku would have had a goal and 2 assists if Rashford, Martial and Lingard weren't shite.
Martial played every well despite the missed chance. Honestly speaking shit happens it wasn't our day. This wasn't like the Huddersfield game where we deserved nothing and got nothing.

dichinero

It's the first thing the pundits have picked up.

Sitting back and inviting the pressure. But let's deny that it is never a problem and it's some masterful tactical instruction to conserve energy.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Drawing against 10 men. Missing sitter after sitter. It’s what we used to laugh at Arsenal for.

Even Liverpool wouldn’t have thrown that away.

CarwynWilliams23

We are not winning the title, so at best we can say we aren't affected much by this result as Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal drew.

But I hope now people stop blaming the manager from now on. Rashford and Martial are overhyped and Lingard is average. There is only so much Jose can do with the inconsistency of these three. We need signings in their positions.
It was Jose's fault he bought Martial off for Rashford, unless he was injured, it was a foolish move. Martial was our best player tonight. Never brings Lukaku off, barring a couple of chances created, he was crap. Looked at his movement all game, 9 times out of 10 he stood ball watching on the edge of the box.

Robin

So twice in 4 days we have given the game away, why on earth have we got an injured centre half trying to mark their tallest player with a minute to go !!! That was a 4-1 game and it feels like a loss , fuming

An Irish Red

We wont win league titles when we have Lingard and Rashford playing consistently; they aren't good enough.

It's debatable whether Lukaku is good enough as well (although he was fine tonight). With the time and space we had we should have destroyed them.

Delano

Some shocking decision making today. I cannot believe the two chances Rashford had and the chance to slip Lukaku in.

Gotta feel sorry for Lukaku today, he made the runs and nobody found him.

singhters

How the fook we draw that ? rashford 1 on 1 fooked up, lindgard 1 on 1 fooked up, pogba lays it off to matic clear shot on goal passes it back and loses it WTF ? just SHOOT, mikhitaryan had a chance passes it back and loses it.

Smalling injured why's he marking the back post and did i just hear the commentator say jones asked i think matic or young to come back in place of smalling but was over ruled by herrera ? no leaders on the pitch and seems they want to make their own decisions rather than listen to the captain.

r0663664

Worships Man City
I think Rushford and Lingard would feel awful tonight. If they are smiling and laughing after this game, Jose please them sell them to the highest bidder or loan them out in January. I can believe Rushford holding up the ball when it is 3 vs 1. How about his 1 vs 1? Can't believe this shit that I am seeing.

montpelier

Played well enough, should have won by 2 or 3 by the end. But you have got to take chances like some of those.

edgecutter

You make your own luck. Players need to be clinical, but the fact that we have the ball with two mins to go and just simply give it back to them is criminal. Keep the ball and see the game out, job done.

Toad

The irony of buying a £75m striker to replace our lack of goal scorers only for him to be a down step from Rooney.

If Lukaku doesn't score he does feck all all game. Compare him to Kane who ever if he doesn't score is a brilliant baller.
I genuinely think Lukaku works harder than anyone else on the pitch, but the probably he has is nobody works hard for him to get goals. He is not magnificent with the ball at his feet, he is a great goal scorer and if the team isn’t performing he gets punished.

Ban

The irony of buying a £75m striker to replace our lack of goal scorers only for him to be a down step from Rooney.

If Lukaku doesn't score he does feck all all game. Compare him to Kane who ever if he doesn't score is a brilliant baller.
Going on about Lukaku after today is pretty strange. Yeah does all except making 2,3 golden chances.

CM

That's a sickener. Allowing them back into the game with 10 men was criminal but man, what was Rashford thinking with that one on one?

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 407 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 25% Leicester 1:2 Man Utd
  • 15% Leicester 0:2 Man Utd