PL W FA Premier League

Leicester City 0:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 26 July 2020

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
New season 12th September...... Feck the Europa League. These boys look dead.

Falcow

Great result, performance not so good. Rashford and Bruno very poor. Pogba and lindelof very good.

Well done Ole and players for getting 3rd. Great to be back in CL.

MoXoM

Fantastic!

To finish 3rd considering the season we’ve had is truly a testament to the work that has been put behind the scene.

Now go and win the Europe League trophy!

Onwards and upwards!

:devil:

Ainu

Massive relief and this gives us a good platform for next season, but man, there's a lot of work to be done. A huge improvement is needed, both in terms of players and game management.

dalriada

To all the people slagging off the manager and almost all the players in the Match Thread, this is a job well done by Ole and the team.
When did you see teams play vintage football on the last day of the season? Sometimes you just have to get the result. Most of the players have looked tired for the last three or four matches, as have those in many other teams. It's astonishing how many people have treated this unprecedented situation as it was business as usual.

We're unbeaten in 14 league matches, we're third when we started the season with a broken team. Yes, the points tally is disappointing and we're a way behind City and Liverpool, but this has the feeling of a great team in the making.
On to the Europa League, a chance to give some players a rest and get momentum going with the players who've played less football.

bondsname

Get in!! How the hell did we finish third?

Hopefully we can get some more work done now, let the players rest and get some transfers done.

Now we can enjoy the EL without the pressure aswell. Man this is a good day.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Where the feck are the gloating Leicester fans eh? Come out come out now

Crashoutcassius

I actually thought we still look dangerous at times, with Rashford's touch letting us down slightly. If teams make us give the ball to williams and AWB we are generally going to struggle I think, and Leicester sacrificed a lot to pack the middle.

I actually think that was a typical Leicester performance, a team that ran massively over EG early in the season, they had a good season by being clinical in the game they created nothing. Didn't look clinical today and ran their squad into the ground just in time for us.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Some people need to give it a fecking rest :lol:

Considering where we were 10 games ago, to finish 3rd and have people complaining still... Do you people even enjoy football?

MUM

Great result, hope we can now focus on building the team to get us back to were we belong.

Tony247

Lets take a pause here and give a big haaahahahahahaa to bottler Rogers.

Le Red

That's your reaction? Who gives a fk? Job done. Massive day for the club that helps us progress
This is a thread about the match?
Just because he thought the match was dreadful doesn't mean he ain't happy.
This was a terrible game of football, if the whole season wasn't at stake I would have considered watching it a waste of my time.

Icemav

I wanted us to batter them but it Is hilarious that we won by being utter shite and Lingard scoring at the end :D
We deserve some good fortune. Been a tough old time since Sir Alex left.

We have a looooong way to go and I hope the board get busy and get signing.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Awful game, amazing result! Now we can get some rest and go into the EL with a bit less pressure as well. Get in!

siw2007

We didn’t play well at all, but it was mission accomplished. Well done to the team, that was a tough match with a lot at stake and we came through.
Lindelof and AWB were very good, not so much Rashford. Can relax a bit now, not fussed on what we do in the Europa League now, can actually enjoy the matches we play without the pressure.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
This is a thread about the match?
Just because he thought the match was dreadful doesn't mean he ain't happy.
This was a terrible game of football, if the whole season wasn't at stake I would have considered watching it a waste of my time.
Some matches are just about the result. This is one of them. Enjoy the moment

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Phew.
Great to finish the season on a high after the previous disappointments.
We were not really troubled by Leicester and it was a reasonably professional performance.
Onwards and upwards.
Big opportunity for the club to strengthen and push hard to wipe the smile off the scousers eh.

Nr.7

That was quite awful, but the result was the most important thing.

Shame they cancelled the Ballon d’or. Lingard’s been robbed.

AneRu

Guys isn't this like the biggest comeback in the league, were we not hovering around tenth in January? Massive effort to claw back such a huge lead and overtake Leicester and Chelsea.

The Real Treble 99

Job done. 3rd place & Champions league football, now get the EL trophy lads! Clearly the whole team needs a rest they all look gassed on their last legs. Not been pretty but they got us over the line, just about, especially with the intense game schedule.

NotQuiteManc

First of all, happy for the result and very happy for the CL next season.

Second of all, how on earth did they do it, finishing 3rd, got CL spot after months of being out of it? Whatever the reason, the team did really well.

Now, announce Sancho!

r0663664

Worships Man City
Now, let's win the Europa League. We can rest the XI for the 2nd legged. Played the rest of the team like Mata, Lingard, Pereira, Fred, McTominay, Igaho, James and etc. Let's get serious later, it would be wonderful if we win it.

Infestissumam

fecking proud of Ole and the team. Looking back at where we were in January, finishing 3rd is a great achievement. Youngest PL team too.

get in!!!

goatboy

About the best thing about the past 90 minutes was my ten year old quipping that Jesse Lingard scoring is one for the next series of Natures Weirdest Events.

Performance was crap but it's all about qualifying for the Champions League, hopefully Ole gets a few more signings and steps up his in game management for next season; be nice to finish with a cup win but not the be all and end all for me.

Godfather

No idea how we finished third. Great result today. Pretty poor performance but I'll take that. Champions league here we come.

Judas

Open to offers
I'm so unbelievably happy for Lingard to get that goal. Probably his final touch in a Utd shirt, and I'm happy for him to get that moment. He's had so much stick.

Suvvernmanc

We don't need him. LINGOD is back!
No, it just means we can now get £8m for him as opposed to £1.5m.

Jokes aside fair play to him. He's been on talksport this week saying his grandmother died and its hit him hard. Hopefully if we did keep him he can get better but personally I think he should be moved on for his/our own benefit.

sparx99

CL is so huge! Attracting top players, kinder schedule etc. It’s a massive step forward!

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 356 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 20% Leicester 1:1 Man Utd
  • 18% Leicester 1:2 Man Utd