PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:2 Leicester City

Post-match discussion

Tue, 11 May 2021

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I'm so so upset.... *insert sarcasm here*

On a serious note, i really don't think Ole had any intention of actually winning this game. It was merely a "go through the motions" 90 mins.

Gator Nate

Mare from Pogba and McFred.

Maguire's like he's injured.

Lindelof nowhere to be found.

Shaw and AWB like it's a day off.

Henderson did nothing for us today.

Ole smirking afterwards.

Take that, Scousers!

MonkeysMagic

Expected it but was still slightly taken aback by how poor we actually were. All will be forgiven if we can get a win Thurs but sadly with Maguire missing, the rest of our defenders are not PL quality and we would have to score 3-4 to win!

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
So feeble to concede a title race to Manchester fecking City like that.

Need to get something on Thursday now to shore up 2nd place. Point at least against Liverpool, a win in front of the fans at home to Fulham, and Ole can use the Wolves match however he likes to tune us up for the final.

OverratedOpinion

Yeah we were alright all things considering.

Amad really impressed me in moments and Greenwood is obviously astounding.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Before the game and for most of it I wasn't that bothered about how it was going or that we may lose, just nice to see some new faces. Then we concede that kind of goal after a player brought on to help us win and it's all just kind of annoying.

Greenwood's bloody great though.

Ole90+3

Not bad considering the changes, thought both the young wingers did well. Greenwood again scoring is good too. Results at this point don’t really matter with us being top four anyway, and Fulham and Wolves should be winnable matches.
You think they did well? They did nothing. I guess you can't expect much more against a good PL team but let's not make things up here.

Infra-red

Two games in 48 hours is ridiculous and we cannot be blamed for rotating heavily.

The lads gave a decent account of themselves, but the game clearly meant more to Leicester.

Three games vs Liverpool, Fulham and Wolves to seal second position.

The Hilton

Leicester celebrated beating our reserves as if they'd won the FA Cup this weekend!

always_hoping

Certainly can't fault the effort of that weakened United starting line up. Let down by two lapses in concentration in defence and outside of that DeGea had just one save to make! No doubt in my mind that with a full strength team United would have won that game but thanks to the silly scheduling by the Premier league they never got that opportunity.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Farce of a game really, we did well to match them for a while with that lineup.
Such a shame to lose by such a lazy goal, but that's why you don't make subs at corners!

Superb goal from Greenwood, couple of nice bits from the young wingers, but not a lot of cheer. But it's exceptional circumstances and we did what we had to do.

I hope no-one who was so smugly enjoying the called off game was moaning about the game tonight.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Wasn’t a game we were majorly fussed about and it showed in the second half despite a spirited first half display.

reelworld

I made a point of watching Van De Beek since I wanted to watch him to get full 90 minutes. I really liked him when he was at Ajax and really wanted him to do well. But he's easily the worst player on the pitch by far. No movement, no creativity, just offered nothing at all. When his team mates got the ball, he didn't try to make himself available, and when he did got the ball, he does absolutely nothing with it. It's embarrassing to watch.
Amad on the other hand, he looked like a good player out there. No nerves, making the correct decisions most of the time, tracking back and most importantly he's tried to be positive on the ball. Elanga was like this too on a lesser degree

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Expected it but was still slightly taken aback by how poor we actually were. All will be forgiven if we can get a win Thurs but sadly with Maguire missing, the rest of our defenders are not PL quality and we would have to score 3-4 to win!
We played a completely changed XI - a team of reserves and youngsters who have never played together - against the 3rd best team in the league this season.... what exactly were you expecting?!

dalriada

Looked like a team that hadn't played together and/or short on match time. Lost mainly in the midfield, can't really criticise players when they are played in this circumstance but have to say still trying to work out why VdB is here and what he brings to the team, but he needs something more like a normal season for us to find out. Hats off to Tuanzebe who did well considering his lack of match time.

The elephant in the room is that we needn't have been in this place if the Liverpool game had gone ahead.

RoyH1

Good first half but bad second one. We need to play more focused over 90 minutes

bsCallout

Most surprising thing about tonight's game is how highly some people have rated Matic. I thought he was the worst on the pitch by a mile.

vodrake

Why are people so pleased we lost?
Our fully rotated team of 2nd string and kids who've barely played together all season gave a full strength Leicester team desperate for a win a good run. Greenwood scored a cracking goal. The result makes it much more difficult for Liverpool to make Top 4 and their fans are absolutely frothing at the mouth about it

I could never be happy about a United loss, but it's about as close to not caring about a loss as I could get

edgecutter

Not too fussed about tonight, title has been gone for a long time and with the schedule this was the right line up for this game.

That said, when you compare City's B team to ours the quality is shocking. Mata, Matic, Williams and even DVB don't look good enough at all ( I would give VDB one more year to get his act together) and some serious recruitment is needed along with keeping Pogba.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Be interesting to see how Amad continues to develop. Showed some nice touches today and was on the same wavelength more or less with his teammates.
Beek less so.

Why are people so pleased we lost?
I know. I wanted to win every remaining game and push City to the wire.

I am a big fan of Ole's work - but I feel he got it wrong tonight. He seems to have got caught up in trying to prove a point to the FA about the fixture pile up.

He could easily have played decent starting line ups against Leicester and Liverpool while still rotating.

I doubt he would have fielded that team if 76,000 people had been there.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
barely lost with our 2nd team against 3rd in the league, yet some are unhappy. odd bunch.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You think they did well? They did nothing. I guess you can't expect much more against a good PL team but let's not make things up here.
Didn’t Amad literally set up Greenwood for our goal. :lol: Always seems to be a negativity contest on here.

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 198 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 20% Man Utd 1:1 Leicester
  • 17% Man Utd 2:1 Leicester