PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:2 Leicester City

Post-match discussion

Tue, 11 May 2021

largelyworried

Poor game, but I'm not going to get too worried about it. We had to rest our players at some point this week and at least this means we can play our strongest team against Liverpool. Some of the players get a pass today, but I thought VDB, Mata, Bailly and perhaps Tuanzebe should have performed better. Still, second place is achievable and I don’t think this means very much in the scheme of things.

cyberman

Oh no...
Unrelated note, hopefully we get back on track this Thursday

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Tielemans is the best player on the pitch every time we play Leicester. Sign him.

Tapori

I watched Donny the whole match.
I am worried.

Lad looks lost in the middle of the park; cumbersome, slow in thought and deed.
Poor creative spark, poor vision.

His role needs to be re-evaluated. Who is he?

Scriblerus

Most surprising thing about tonight's game is how highly some people have rated Matic. I thought he was the worst on the pitch by a mile.
Then you weren't watching. He was solid, controlled the back, protected the ball and distributed really well - unfortunately the legs went in the end, s is now sadly predictable.

Ole90+3

Didn’t Amad literally set up Greenwood for our goal. :lol: Always seems to be a negativity contest on here.
Set up? :lol: Come on now, he played a 5 yard pass back to Greenwood who demonstrated excellent dribbling to bring the ball into the box and open up a scoring opportunity. I'm not being negative, I'm excited for the lad's career here but I'm not going to pretend that he wasn't barely involved, granted, along with the rest of the attack.

Red_toad

Some decent performances by the understudy team, Axel, Matic and Eric all got a good run out and were generally very good. Nice to see the youngsters get a run out and a nice assist for Amad. Key players rested is the most important thing, now need to stuff the vermin to show it was worth dropping 3 points.

bsCallout

Tielemans is the best player on the pitch every time we play Leicester. Sign him.
Hard to give him props when playing against today's midfield three but he's certainly what we'd have liked rather than DvB

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Set up? :lol: Come on now. I'm not being negative, I'm excited for the lad's career here but I'm not going to pretend that he was barely involved, granted, along with the rest of the attack.
You are being negative, he did well and yes, did get the assist for Greenwood’s goal after showing good strength. Like I say, you’re competing well with a few on here for the most negative award. :)

Huddersfieldred

Matic.....meant to be the calming force and the experience, had an absolute shocker today.

Gordon S

This Leicester team has shown they can give our first 11 all kind of problems. The team we started tonight did ok all things considered.

redom

If we win on Thursday then I won't give a shit about this result, the league was gone regardless so that doesn't factor into my feelings, if we lose to Liverpool then 2 losses on the run will be a real kick in the gut.

andy0

I was only listening on the radio

At the end, Michael Brown, City's player of the season when they dropped to the third level, and not in there much when they started going up again, didn't really summarise this match much, but instead summarised City winning the title

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I think Mata was bad. We can’t really count on his contribution
And yet still contributed to our goal, and almost fashioned our only two chances of the second half.

Thought Rashford was by far the worst to be honest - considering his stature, he was dreadful when he came.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Thought the reserves and kids did us proud, all things considered.

Horrible situation to be put in by the FA. Dangerous to the players and questions the integrity of the league. Shameful really.

Okey

Lost without being disgraced. The kids represented us credibly. Was always gonna be too much to ask. Citeh had the league won anyway. If we help knock Liverpool out of UCL, then fair fecks. Gotta beat them Thursday. Onwards and upwards!

bsCallout

Then you weren't watching. He was solid, controlled the back, protected the ball and distributed really well - unfortunately the legs went in the end, s is now sadly predictable.
Watch the two goals back. He was awful in both. Watch the chance Ihaenacho had, he was awful for that too. Then there were the passes he gave away leaving us to have to drop back quick. He was awful.

TheBreadTruck

Disappointing how their second goal came about, always dislike it when we lose despite whatever circumstances, but how great was it to see Amad and Elanga get a proper run out? Thought Axel was great too.

Shaw is everything, ATM. The drop off without him on the pitch is massive imo.

bsCallout

I thought Matic was excellent considering he was essentially our entire midfield.
Watch the two goals back. He was awful in both. Watch the chance Ihaenacho had, he was awful for that too. Then there were the passes he gave away leaving us to have to drop back quick. He was awful.

His job wasn't easy with those around him but he made a hash of so much.

AndyMUFC

Never pleased to lose but it was always on the card with the second string and at least it screws over Liverpool.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
And yet still contributed to our goal, and almost fashioned our only two chances of the second half.

Thought Rashford was by far the worst to be honest - considering his stature, he was dreadful when he came.
Any opportunity to bash Rashford. Never a wasted chance. Well done.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Tuanzabe didn't have a great game.
I thought he was poor, van de beek too; I can’t see either of them establishing themselves. Ditto Williams tbh. Greenwood just looks better and better, he’s some player, I think in a couple of years he’ll be pushing Rashford out of the team. Amad didn’t look as quick as I’d been led to believe. You desperately need some bite in midfield but I’d say your attack looks very well set up indeed, for now and for the future.

Ole90+3

You are being negative, he did well and yes, did get the assist for Greenwood’s goal after showing good strength. Like I say, you’re competing well with a few on here for the most negative award. :)
There's a difference between negativity and realism buddy. He played a 5 yard pass back to Greenwood who demonstrated excellent dribbling to bring the ball into the box and open up a scoring opportunity. If you think that Elanga had a good game them I'm afraid we didn't watch the same game. Let's just end it there because I know you're the type who could go on for a while going round in circles.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
The performance was about as expected. The defence were shaky on the ball and the midfield was non-existent. The front three did okay. I'm looking forward to see what Elanga and Amad can do in a stronger line-up. I do wish we'd won this match, but if we can make up for it by beating Liverpool on Thursday I'll get over it quickly.

Honestly, Leicester were shite though. They barely deserved the win against our reserves. We would've rolled over them with our strongest XI.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Any opportunity to bash Rashford. Never a wasted chance. Well done.
Not really, I love the man and constantly sing his praises. He just wasn't good when he came on. Nothing wrong with that. People can be bad sometimes.

Onerealunited

given the lack of importance of the game, it was very good too see Ole rotating this much and play some youngsters. Difficult to conclude on something when most players haven’t played regularly. Nevertheless I think Amad has some nice minutes, VDB had some good actions defensively, Matic showed some of his technical skills at times, and Tuanzebe with some quick and efficient tackles.

On the negative side, unfortunately it was clear that mata no longer has the energy required to play for a top team like United. And then we have Williams. He is still very young and can make a good player but I don’t think it will be at United. I hope United so a Chelsea or Liverpool and sell him this summer for a good amount of money, hopefully something around EUR 20m, as he is still young, has potential and is British

Cypherage

Feels Like United went out of a competition with a whimper, there is no elite mentality in Ole, and It feels like he is pinning his hopes on Winning the Europa league.

Where was the not over until its officially over mentality?

If he does not manage to win the europa league this season then in general its another poor season.

VDB,Mata,Matic all players that could easily be let go.

Williams needs to be sent out on loan or sold, the Rashford sub was pointless because the only thing he offered was conceading a goal.

In general , United lacking a killer mentality.

FriendlyFox

Supports
Leicester City
Leicester celebrated beating our reserves as if they'd won the FA Cup this weekend!
Do you think that there's possibly a chance that they might just be excited to have got a crucial 3 points in the CL race? Especially after capitulating against Newcastle under the pressure?

Or do you think it's just the prestige from beating the United second XI.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Did fine considering the circumstances. I think Ole got the subs wrong. We had completely lost the midfield. Matic was dropping into the back line which left Mata and VDB in their which is basically zero presence. Needed McTominay in there.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He also lost his man for the first goal, got beaten in the air for the second, and almost gave a 3rd away if not for a terrific save from DDG. Dropped two deep leaving Mata and DVB with an uphill battle, while also giving the fullbacks no out ball. Who wasn't watching again?

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 198 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 20% Man Utd 1:1 Leicester
  • 17% Man Utd 2:1 Leicester