PL L FA Premier League

Leicester City 4:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 16 October 2021

Hughie77

December he's gone, Jose went in December after CL . Same will be if results don't improve, the players are starting to run the team IMO, and it does not boad well for Olly. Foxes away they been awful and we were worse, Varane out for a few weeks my word , just shows how good he's been. Pool will batter us. If we can get a draw it be a plus.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I just watched the game and thought we were lucky to only lose by one goal.
We must be the slowest team in the league moving the ball from the defence/midfield and when the opposition put on a good press our boys shit themselves.
We lost by two goals.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He is right, but he stopped at naming who was to blame as such. He named a load of players that should not be in the side because they are not hard workers. OK, fair enough. Who put that side out Gary? Who is not making those players work harder. You can really only afford one luxury player in your side who is that good you can forgive the lack of tracking back. Who bought these players and built this squad Gary?

UTD_Since_1978

I'm going to state the obvious here but there is no way that this squad should be putting in performances like this, by December we'll probably be outside the top 10 in the PL & we bought Varane, Sancho & Ronaldo to win us the league.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
MOTD is so frustrating, they concentrate too much on goals and goal attempts, no showing of some of our really nice build up play, especially to Nacho's chance.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
The set piece coach we apparently have needs to be sacked. EVERY game we concede a set piece.

The defending coach must be out that door after him. My god how bad that was yesterday. The way we conceded that 3rd goal is even worse than conceding from our own corner against Everton (which was about as bad as it can get). We score and get back into it and concede within a few seconds of the restart. Jesus Wept. The more I look at McTominay backing off the more angering it gets. AWB in fairness to him learnt from his mistake and took the player out but but the ref played a good advantage. The lack of leadership on the pitch is shocking.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
The set piece coach we apparently have needs to be sacked. EVERY game we concede a set piece.

The defending coach must be out that door after him. My god how bad that was yesterday. The way we conceded that 3rd goal is even worse than conceding from our own corner against Everton (which was about as bad as it can get). We score and get back into it and concede within a few seconds of the restart. Jesus Wept. The more I look at McTominay backing off the more angering it gets. AWB in fairness to him learnt from his mistake and took the player out but but the ref played a good advantage. The lack of leadership on the pitch is shocking.
there's not much point taking out a player i you leave the ball in play - AWB's challenge was poor on every front

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I’ve bad news for you it’s gonna be ringing out Tuesday night as well
Well, far be it from me to try to stop deluded and mostly pissed people from indulging in their ritual of supporting a clueless manager.

Huge respect to @Gary_Walsh_Nou_Camp_Hell & @OrcaFat who are two of Ole's biggest supporters for fronting it up in this thread
Yesterday was very concerning, the first time I've felt Ole could be in trouble. But I'd qualify that by saying that who ever manages us will be let down by cowards like Pogba and a few others like him.

He may well be losing the dressing room, if so it's going to be interesting to see if Ole has it in him to be ruthless with any players causing trouble, and if the club back Ole if the players are trying to down tools.

RuudTom83

A few 1-0's is what the doctor ordered...forget this open play you score 3 we'll score 4 rubbish.

Hard work and concentration for a few weeks please.

UTD_Since_1978

Yesterday was very concerning, the first time I've felt Ole could be in trouble. But I'd qualify that by saying that who ever manages us will be let down by cowards like Pogba and a few others like him.

He may well be losing the dressing room, if so it's going to be interesting to see if Ole has it in him to be ruthless with any players causing trouble, and if the club back Ole if the players are trying to down tools.
What if Ronaldo is one of them? Weren't we having crappy performances like this before Ronaldo came back?

What if Ronaldo is one of them? Weren't we having crappy performances like this before Ronaldo came back?
I think Ronaldo has confused matters, because we're playing him in the system we were playing before he arrived.

For Ronaldo to work United need to make the entire team work towards what suits Ronaldo. We have to focus our game plan on servicing him because he will win us every game that we give him adequate chances.

UTD_Since_1978

My bad :boring:
We were lucky to only lose by 2
On the football scores app I use on my phone they gave De Gea a poor 5.0 rating & Maguire 5.1, most people thought De Gea was our best player so I don't know what match they were watching to think that Maguire played better than De Gea.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

The thing is, if it gets to that stage where we openly admit there's problems in the dressing room, then it undermines the only remaining positives that Ole has apparently brought. This so called cultural reset where only players with the correct attitude survive.

The biggest joke is that Ole has been pandering to Pogba since he went on TV and said he was considering leaving. He's fit him into the team ever since that moment. See even the things that Ole has apparently done well, are now being used as reasons why others are to blame and not him.

chiz2kul

Embarrassing. If it were any other coach, he'll be first in line calling for the sack. This old boys club nonsense has to die. The amount of ex-player-turned-pundit that have so much influence on the club is unprecedented.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Embarrassing. If it were any other coach, he'll be first in line calling for the sack. This old boys club nonsense has to die. The amount of ex-player-turned-pundit that have so much influence on the club is unprecedented.
Gary Neville doesn't call for United managers to go. It's his thing.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Does he even call for any managers to be sacked? It's like he was completely traumatized by his career or something.
He's only worked under 1 manager, that's the problem.
So he naturally sees that as the way to do it, despite that being by far an incredibly rare set-up.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Sancho is so exciting to watch. I am glad Rashford is back. His ball retention in the final third gives the team stability

Seij

Does he even call for any managers to be sacked? It's like he was completely traumatized by his career or something.
It does feel like he became this way ever since his sacking from Valencia and how sour he's been about that.

Bondi77

On the football scores app I use on my phone they gave De Gea a poor 5.0 rating & Maguire 5.1, most people thought De Gea was our best player so I don't know what match they were watching to think that Maguire played better than De Gea.
Mason must have got the highest rating I would imagine?

Craig Ward

It's becoming so predictable watching us.

I'm a big Ole fan, I've been vocal about the good things he's done (and doing). this game feels different though, it feels like the players have stopped. The post match interviews we're quite miserable and sombre. Tripe from Pogba, spouting out the usual garbage in the most miserable way possible.

The issue's we got are plain for all to see.

We are too slow on the ball. Our central midfield is a shambles. We cannot cope against a high press. Our forwards are not involved enough.

It's also a nailed on sure thing one of our defenders will make at least two individual errors per game and we almost always face an uphill battle.

Everytime we play Pogba in a deep midfield position - thats us in trouble. He cannot play there for us - end of. He's so lazy with and without the ball. Pogba and Matic together just means the opposition can do what they want there - they have a free game.

Fernandes for all his good is way too high up the pitch for the most part.

I know every manager will have they're favourites and reliable players but playing Maguire was a disaster. He's not fit and it cost us. The insistence on playing Pogba anywhere is becoming ridiculous.

Interesting to see how Rashford features now because when all fit, he's got to start. Sancho's had a slow start, Greenwood has been in good form and there's no way we bench Ronaldo. We have dilemma's in the front third while we are so bereft of idea's in central midfield.

I'd love to see Ole be strong here and drop Pogba. Drop Sancho. AWB had another mare as well, but cover is an issue there as Dalot probably wouldnt fair much better.

I've said in the summer - our squad depth will cost us this year. We needed to move more players out and enhance the quality in midfield to make it a good window. Our bench options are still fecking Lingard, it's not good enough.

I'm so sick of watching Pogba play midfield - he's atrocious there. Matic too. Fred and McTom are average to decent and Donny just wastes on the bench. We need a shake up there big time or top 4 is looking like a battle we arent equipped for.

We have to play Donny. We've tried every other combo and they're all pretty average or worse. It cannot be worse than it is now in there

bosskeano

can't understand how anyone can continue to defend Pogba playing in the midfield....he's rubbish defensively

no matter who is next to him, it would be difficult to play alongside. Bruno runs around a bit too much and can be positionally lost at times which really exposes Pogba who has ZERO work ethic off the ball.

Ronaldo's Love Child

I'm surprised that people are still getting sucked into the "we need one more signing" in thinking that a top quality midfielder will solve or problems...it won't.

Our tactics and fundamental play is not cohesive and is fundamentally flawed. If the midfield players are so poor then why when our attackers get the ball do we look so pedestrian?

It is the system that OGS makes us play. New personnel won't change that only a new coach or OGS changing the system.

Player Ratings

4.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 269 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 27% Leicester 1:2 Man Utd
  • 14% Leicester 2:1 Man Utd