PL L FA Premier League

Leicester City 4:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 16 October 2021

YouknowNani

I don't know how anyone can still think Maguire is a top CB. The talk will be he wasn't fit...he's not much better when he is.

We are worse than 3 years ago. Maguire needs to be dropped, Pogba can't play at CM, and the tactics are absolutely awful. We essentially need to start from scratch again and desperately sign a DM/CM in January.

siw2007

Well done to Leicester, the better team won, that was a very bad defeat for us and at a time when we really needed to pull a result out of the bag. Didn't think we were that bad, but can't look past the 4 goals we conceded, Ive been complaining about defensive record this season, but this was the worst one yet, we shouldn't bar shipping 4 goals. Only real positives are Greenwoods stunner and obviously happy to see St Marcus back and with a well taken goal.

Not sure how much longer Ole can survive with these results and performances. Something must give at some point, our season is about to unravel in October in what is going to be a very testing period.

iKnowNothing

Why so much negativity only after 8 games in. Last week, you lot were negative after 7 games and now after 8 and I’m sure you will be negative after 9 games.

Judas

Open to offers
The most depressing Utd games I can remember watching for a long time. We looked awful. If we'd got anything out of that it would have been a total papering over the massive massive cracks.

drunkmonkmeth

Supports
Toronto FC!
Ole isnt a united legend.. hes a sub who got on the end of a off target header last minute to win a huge game. hes the worst manager in the prem.. worst than steve bruce.. newcastle genuinely play better more cohesive football than us. ole might actually be the worst manager in europes top 5 leagues. and the 6th as well.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I knew this was coming, and I'd rage if I watched the game. So I followed updates and continued reading Wheel of Time (Ole doesn't drive this one). Very pleased with my decision.

Happy for Rashford, but chuckled after they scored immediately.

Ole needs to go, and I think it would be an excellent call for me to not watch the next few games as well. Things are going to get ugly.

Esquire

This is reminiscent of Jose's last season.

I don't know how anyone can't see it. Gonna be a long and depressing episode, we're gonna lose our stature even further, our players are gonna want out.

Back to square one.
Think he is going to live and die by Ronaldo. Ronny will save him a few times but today the deficiency of playing with him showed. If we don’t sort out our midfield balance we will merely be top 4 contenders.

Silverman

Absolutely disgraceful that we've spent the money we have and are in this position.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Genuinely shameful how we conceded seconds after equalising. Head's were totally gone by the end too. Embarrassing.

MattofManchester

Disappointing result but let's stick to the positives...

Rashford scored. Lindelof had a beautiful assist. Nobody died.
Statistically, it's possible someone around the world died during the course of those 90 minutes....

justsomebloke

What a horror show. I think I have to reach back to Palace or Tottenham in the opening games of last season for a comparable. I hate to say it, but this was collapse-level football. No aspect of our game worked. BIG step back from the already not dizzying heights of the Everton game. It can't continue like this.

I usually complain about hyperbole on these threads, but this actually was as bad as that. The defence in particular was laughable. The midfield was a dawdling ball-losing machine. Pogba was painful to watch.

And Leicester weren't even very good.

abailey123

Defensively an absolute shambles. With the signings we made we were well within our rights to demand better performances and a title challenge.
The reality is we can’t string more than 3 or 4 passes together and get destroyed in transition.
I’ve been a massive Ole fan as I could see the rebuild needed but this is only going to end one way. He’ll be gone by the next international break.

MrBest

Get rid of this guy, he's inept. Always was and always will. Yes he has transformed the feeling at the club, somehow secured 2 champions league spots, but now we have to be challenging. We look worse than last year, we should have beaten Leicester. City, Liverpool and Chelsea are the next three, we could be 13 points behind by then as Liverpool have a easy run.

reelworld

After the first 10 minutes I said to my son that we're gonna lose this or at most got a draw. There's no way we're gonna win the game when we made Tielmans looked like prime Pirlo.
Tielmans is a very good player but we made it pretty easy for him to control the game.
Ole must go as soon as possible. This cannot continue

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
When your keeper allows 4 goals and is still man of the match you know you had a stinker of a game. Maguire definitely rushed back too soon. That was horrible. At fault for all 4 goals and I'm a big fan of his. Pogba was awful too. Took too long on the ball and slowed the play down way too much. Can VdB please get a chance along side Matic? I'd also like to see Sancho given a run on the right. Greenwood may have scored a beauty but he's too greedy. Need some creativity from the front 3, especially with Rashford coming back. Overall, a game to forget...

justboy68

Played off the park. I also think morale will be at rock bottom and things will only get worse from here...unless the idiots in charge actually open their eyes and do what needs to be done.

Barnslig

I think this game broke me, and I think it's time to look for other managers, however it's a very easy thing, putting all the blame on the manager - I can't think of any other walk of life where blaming your manager for your poor work performance is viable. The players have to take a fair bit of the blame for their seriously bad passes, lack of focus, questionable effort and poor attitudes. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you can't motivate yourself, as a player for Manchester United, to give it your all then you're at the wrong club.

I don't think a new manager all of a sudden fixes a lot of our longer term issues, but I think Ole has taken us as far as he's capable of, and it's time to move on and fill in the remaining holes in our squad and push on.

stu_1992

Well my pre match prediction that there would be goals was correct. I figured it could go either way and well it really did blow up in our face in that second half.

Starting Maguire was probably worth the risk, but after his horrific mistake for the first goal and all round poor performance I would have taken him off at half time. He didn't look ready to back. Definitely very poor for the fourth goal too.

Such a blow to concede right after getting an equaliser. The team clearly switched off and that's not good enough. That should have been us looking to push on and score.

Only positives were Greenwood's wondergoal, Rashford making a goalscoring return and looking generally very lively and De Gea making some key saves or the score would have been even worse. Madness.

MUFC OK

He has to go before the Liverpool game. It’s getting ridiculous. World class players playing like an uncoachws Sunday league team.

the goal for 3-2 says everything. Shambolic.

Kaos

Ole isnt a united legend.. hes a sub who got on the end of a off target header last minute to win a huge game. hes the worst manager in the prem.. worst than steve bruce.. newcastle genuinely play better more cohesive football than us. ole might actually be the worst manager in europes top 5 leagues. and the 6th as well.
Let's not rewrite history, the man is a United legend and rightly so. And its not just because of his CL winning goal, he's given the club 10 years of service and 126 goals.

Having said that we should call a spade a spade - he's a dreadful coach and needs to be sacked ASAP.

Esquire

Cant wait for Ole's excuses to roll off the tongue...our players travelled, internls took their toll, players not yet fit...etc etc.

He can't hide behind the lack of squad depth and quality anymore,the only thing out of its depth is the whole coaching team.
Even with the lack of options in midfield we shouldn’t be this bad. The performance has really been trending downwards for a few weeks now. Worry times for Ole. I really want him to succeed but you are right he really is running out of excuses.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Definitely concerned we've reached the end of the Ole road now.

We've been pretty poort this season, camouflaged by 2 big wins, and 2 very late stolen wins. A few rubbish defeats, that people dressed up as this cup, that cup etc.

The Ronaldo signing I think will be what has finally done Ole in. We had a way of playing, and despite bringing in a striker better than what we had, it seems to have gone backwards.
Not helped by individuals such as Maguire and Shaw being on an Euros hangover, but by the whole midfield being off form to some extent, yet weirdly Pogba having never got more assists on another.

A real mess...sigh.

Marcus

Playing Pogba and Matic in CM was asking for it. Everything went through the middle. Play Matic and McTominay. Yes put Pogba on the bench or play him in Sancho's position. So many blinking players with no tackling ability.

Devil may care

More of the same, there's no way this team should be this bad, it's amateur hour, better team won simple as that. At this point it's just sad as unlike the previous 2 managers Ole is a club legend and inoffensive guy, but he's gone as far as he can, especially with what we are competing against.

yipthatman

Ole is better when he is the underdog with a poorer team on the back foot. When he has the star players and is expected to win he can't produce the goods. Conte or Zinane is the question I guess.

Saddy

Totally out-managed by a proper manager who kept their energy up with the subs and we kept Bruno & Ronaldo on for the full match - that sums Ole up for me but what takes the biscuit is playing Maguire a week too soon seemingly to give him match practice !

Player Ratings

4.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 269 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 27% Leicester 1:2 Man Utd
  • 14% Leicester 2:1 Man Utd