PL L FA Premier League

Leicester City 4:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 16 October 2021

Snuffkin

We're not going to win the league, but we never were.
The ESL was our big chance to reinvent ourselves.
We're screwed Ole or no Ole.

Cathy Ferguson

Are we still believing "Ole's at the wheel". We have a world class squad managed by a League One manager. Anyone that still believes we'll be challenging for the title is deluded. We are already out of the title race and are in a fight for 4th. It's pathetic.
We do not have a world class squad. We lack world class central midfielders. If you play Pogba, Matic and Ronaldo any team in the PL will out run you.

LoneStar

I think you are wrong. He will be sacked barring a pronounced upturn in performances and results. I don’t think he’ll make it to Xmas.
I really hope so, given the squad at hand, it'd be criminal not to. But I think the Glazers might be happy with top 4.

MonkeysMagic

Are we still believing "Ole's at the wheel". We have a world class squad managed by a League One manager. Anyone that still believes we'll be challenging for the title is deluded. We are already out of the title race and are in a fight for 4th. It's pathetic.

You are doing league 1 a massive disservice!

lex talionis

I agree this is no time to panic, but we must act soon to address the shortcomings of our manager. No decent prospect in their right mind would take the job, if offered, until January, but executive management should use the tune they have over the next two months to assess their options and take bold action.

I'm not sold on the idea we have the best squad we've had in years. We have a non-existent central midfield and the depth in the squad in multiple areas is abysmal. People bang on about whatever front 4 we put out there being amazing yet we barely create anything.
Put an incompetent driver in the same cars that Lewis Hamilton has been winning championships in for the past decade and he’ll make the car and company look crap.

OrcaFat

I really hope so, given the squad at hand, it'd be criminal not to. But I think the Glazers might be happy with top 4.
They probably would but if we keep up this run they will lose confidence. In my opinion they will sack him to maintain market confidence in themselves.

Ixion

Put an incompetent driver in the same cars that Lewis Hamilton has been winning championships in for the past decade and he’ll make the car and company look crap.
I agree the coaching and management needs to change but also our midfield...no other top side would swap us their midfield options for Pogba/Matic/Fred/McTominay. Whatever combination we put out is going to get steamrolled by any decent side.

Kcocymkcus

If Ole truly...TRULY...loves this club, then he would resign immediately and just admit it didn't work out.

I would have more respect for him doing that, than letting his ego keep whispering in his ear that it's only time...it will click eventually....that it just needs a tweek here and there....blah blah blah...

Nothing against Ole as a person, but he seriously needs to sniff the smelling salts and just ADMIT he's out of his depth and nothing would change even if he was given a £300m war kitty in January.

Please Ole, with all due respect, do the right thing and hand your notice in.

For the love of United.. PLEASE!!!

Tony247

It is just me or others here have also noticed that we play so close to each other and do not provide width at all. Other than few sporadic exceptions there are no long accurate passes. No expansive gameplay, just keep passing and take the ball near final third, then either take a long shot or try to lob the ball in the box.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Yeah but this bloke is half our problem, should be nowhere near our club
Post like these are the problem. Complete lack of football knowledge if you think Pogba is the thing causing our problems when we never put the players around him to do what he does best, except for those few short months in Ole's interim spell.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Also funny how it's Pogba coming out to speak to the press when we've had a shit result but Mr Captain Maguire is nowhere to be seen. I am sure I'll get slated for this but it seems to happen all too often.

I agree the coaching and management needs to change but also our midfield...no other top side would swap us their midfield options for Pogba/Matic/Fred/McTominay. Whatever combination we put out is going to get steamrolled by any decent side.
One CDM might very well be the signing that turns what should be a team that’s contending for the league into a team that wins it.

But if ole is still the manager when that player arrives it won’t make a difference. He’s not making the best out of what he has and what he’s bought so no reason to think a CDM will turn water into wine.

Look at Klopp. When pool needed only a GK and CB to be genuine title contenders, the rest of their gameplay was already exceptional and it was only defensive and GK errors that cost them

Ixion

Also I've just remembered that these clowns got flown to Leicester from Manchester for a 10 minute flight and now the thought of that after the performance just pisses me off more.

Offsideagain

It was a typical United game against a ‘lower team’. They have nothing to lose, they know if they press us high, we will cock it up and that our midfield is usually missing. These teams have more energy than us, more tactical nowse and more desire. Ronaldo look jaded, Vardy looked like a spring chicken and he’s two years younger than CR7. No surprise to me that we lost. I expect a similar performance against the men from Atalanta on Wednesday.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Also funny how it's Pogba coming out to speak to the press when we've had a shit result but Mr Captain Maguire is nowhere to be seen. I am sure I'll get slated for this but it seems to happen all too often.
Not the first time Pogba has come out and said something similar to this.

Twisted Nerve

I wish they would play every game on Sunday. Then only half my weekend will be ruined.

BlueHaze

We concede 4 against this team who had up until today been pretty poor. Looking forward to the Liverpool game....

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Cavani wasn't available. Someone said he would bring up that Cavani and Fred couldn't play, well it didn't effect Liverpool having their Brazilians missing. Other teams across Europe are going to need to cope with it.
Yeah, we have large enough squad that absence of Varan, Cavani, and fecking Fred is no excuse for losing 4:2 to goddamned Leicester who I think had their first EPL win this season with us!!!

There was no excuse to not sub Maguire after he cost us the first goal and was clealry being horrible

DSG

Yeah but this bloke is half our problem, should be nowhere near our club
Funny, I am NOT a Pogba-in guy, but I don't think he was the main problem today. He was lights out for France in the international break too, so.... He certainly doesn't fit well in this squad, but at this point, he is who he is. It's our fault that we still, in year 5, haven't found the right midfield partnership for him.

DSG

A bit unfair. Maguire has come out to meet the press when we have disappointing results. He was probably in the locker room with his head in his hands after that performance. By far the worst showing for him since he pulled on the shirt. Shambolic.

Luke1995

The defense is so bad. Might need to start playing Phil Jones again. Maguire and Lindelof just aren't good enough.

AndyMUFC

Pathetic. Ole is on borrowed time with the way things are going.

The way this team is playing at the minute is absolutely awful and horrible to watch. No idea what they're trying to do out there and it's not good enough.

steve.crowford

Ole is afraid to start people based on form it seems, for whatever reason he has a hard on for Shaw and Maguire despite both not being in full shape or form yet this season.
Very disrespectful towards Telles and Bailly to be honest.
And judging by the season so far I don't doubt Varane + Lindelof will be our main CB duo, both in good form for club and Country, a shame Varane got injured in the Nations League Final.

Shiva87

Just saw the Pogba interview. Very scathing on himself and the team. Also, not happy with the balance of the team.

This is light years away from how the team was looking before the Ronaldo signing. Everyone was together and things were looking upwards.

I have always enjoyed Ronaldo as a United fan, but there is too much emphasis now on him to get everything done. The team just does not look like they know how to play together anymore.

Bruno was our talisman before Ronaldo and that switch of power seems to have knocked us back a few seasons!

Don't see how we can get this right under Ole now.

Raw

I've had enough of Ole. Seriously going to have another season of fighting for top 4 with the squad we've got. Another season without a trophy. FFS.

redshaw

Ole needed a midfield to work hard and not play Maguire who was out for the count almost.

I would've gone with a 3 man midfield today, we've suffered many times now to Leicester, we've been overrun and pressed. It's more poor management and setup by Ole.

Donny, yes Donny should've played in a 3 man, he can work and pass his socks off, very press resistant. I can again point to us at home to Leipzig, we were getting pressed and looked poor for 10-15 mins, Donny really stepped it up covering across the midfield, beating the press with quick passing and movement and other players joined in. He was still sharp from Ajax then and played the midfield role brilliantly. He's done this for De Jong at Ajax.

Whatever the case, the poor form of Fred and McTom this season, the liability of Pogba getting caught and clumsy tackling, the slowness of Matic, it really needed a third man in there or at least drop one of them and instruct Donny to do the work in there. They went through Pogba and Matic easily, Pogba perhaps the worst, so slow getting caught with the ball and fouling back like a drunken giraffe.

Foxbatt

It has got nothing to do with Ronaldo or anyone else. They were better coached than us. They did not defend deep and hit us only on the counter. They outplayed us. They could have scored 6 goals today. At times they were like prime Barca.

Player Ratings

4.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 269 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 27% Leicester 1:2 Man Utd
  • 14% Leicester 2:1 Man Utd