PL W FA Premier League

Leicester City 0:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Thu, 01 September 2022

RedDevilRoshi

Got the win and a clean sheet. 1st half very good. 2nd half, started very poorly but Leicester are really lacking any confidence/belief in themselves.

Happy to get the win. A much tougher test on Sunday coming up now.

BestRed

Get in, a big 3 points for us, made it much harder than it had to be in that 2nd half, but f*ck it we come away the points, so on we go.

TheRedHearted

Excellent first half, bad second half. Varane man of the match. Hope I'll never see Rashford start up front in the PL again. Craig Pawson is a wanker.
Seems like he’s effective when teams come at us, no? If he has space behind otherwise I agree. Seems like if we sold him to psg and bought a LW understudy to sancho may have been better, no?
would you have taken Neymar plus cash for from us for rashford?
And Ronaldo seemed rusty to me but he will contribute this season imo.

caid

Quite pleased with last couple of performances. We were so easy to play against at times last season, gifting chances left, right and centre. Grinding out wins, with a stingy defence is a great foundation to build on. Lots of very good performances. Ten Hag has steadied the ship in a pretty impressive manner.
Bruno got my motm, very sharp today, lots of interceptions, good positioning, good passing.

NotQuiteManc

I will take that kind of result any time, especially last season. Good, controlled first half, but complacency creeping in the second. Again, baby steps.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I hope we match some of the nice passing we did today with the intensity of the performance against Liverpool for the Arsenal game.

Hammondo

Defence was great, Erikson and Mctom were great, rest were not, and we struggled to do anything with the ball once we got past those 2 in midfield.

gearoid

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Very scrappy second half and lucky enough to get the three points and clean sheet. Some poor performances and some changes needed for Sunday otherwise we’re getting chinned.

gaffs

Good first 35 mins, but seemed to fall back into old habits in the second half.

We look unfit. You can see the team gets tired in the final third of the game.

Very little threat from the front 3 - Sancho slows the game down when on the left. Rashford is an empty vessel.

Arsenal on Sunday is going to be tough.

GMoore23

Another 3 points in the bag.

Excellent 1st half
Poor second half
Defense and Mctominay were great
Rashford needs dropped

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
People who complained about Antony - this attacking display should tip you off. Even if he costed 200 million - he is a MUST.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think it’s good that you’re able to grind out these results while still a team which is clearly in transition.

Nick7

Varane’s best game for us. He was class

We were poor for 15 mins at start of 2nd other than that we were comfortable

It’s building nicely.
First 5 of the second we were decent. The ten minute spell after that we were sloppy and have away too many free kicks in our area. Need to cut that out certainly. Overall very comfortable until that last chance.

Betson

Nothing spectacular but solid and we will take that coming from where we were at the start of the season.

We still look a bit toothless up front , I think Ronaldo starts on Sunday.

Good to be winning again.

peridigm

Two clean sheets in a row!
Solid in defense.
Leicester not really a test.
Roger's gonna be sacked.

Real Name

Very good 1st half, brutal in parts in the 2nd. Onwards and upwards
Defense looks a different beast compared to last season and overall improvement in our general play is evident.

Houdini

Decent game but what worries me is that we are not able to finish teams off. Back to the transfer thread.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Excellent win. And this is no exaggeration, but I think we could have been 2-3 goals up if it wasn't for Rashford. He passed to Sancho for the goal, yes, but he killed every attack after that. Was a massive weak link tonight.

siw2007

Get in, another great 3 points on the road and another clean sheet. Hat off to ETH who’s substitutions made a big difference in the game when Leicester were starting to get a foothold. Another great defensive display, midfield was better today, Eriksen had a good game, Rashford had a good first half but was a bit out of it in the 2nd.Casemiro was mint when he came on, hope he starts against Arsenal.

abailey123

It’s baby steps. After the nightmare of Brentford to then back that up with 2 clean sheets on the road is all we can ask for.

1st half was very good - that’s how ETH will want us to play in the main, quick 1-2’s, playing out from the back.

2nd half we just had to dig in.

huge game on Sunday now.

Progress.

ShinjiNinja26

Good win. Look a lot more solid now but need to start being more clinical in attack. We keep the momentum going though and hopefully get another win against Arsenal on Sunday.

MonkeysMagic

Defence is looking solid, but the forward line is really concerning. We cannot retain or protect the ball and Rashford will never make it as a striker. This exp needs to stop.

CG1010

Mctominay was probably our man of the match. Preferred Erikson to be in the CM position than Bruno position he took after Elanga went off. He gave us good structure and passing tempo that we were missing later on.

Bobski

Awful game, but another win and clean sheet. Back to basics from Ten Hag, very direct, few risks taken, and not having a forward who can hold the ball up makes for some poor football. Also, the fitness of Sancho and Eriksen is a concern, need to manage the use of Eriksen this season and find an alternative as a playmaker to rest him as he has dropped off second half every match he has started.

Zen86

I can’t see how anyone can complain tonight. We played well, one of the best 45 minutes from us in recent memory. We played some slick stuff through the middle at times and put some nice passing moves together. We’re improving with every game and it feels like ETH’s plans are starting to take shape.

Most importantly, pretty much everyone in the team looked confident again. Even Rashford looked like a new player compared to the rather depressed looking figure we saw last season. Eriksen has been brilliant in the middle as well, he’s thethe kind of calm playmaker we’ve been missing for a long time.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Decent. Definitely getting better out of possession, our defensive shape is good, and Varane/Martinez is a solid pair.

It was never going to get sorted overnight, but there's clear improvement from last season.

3vra

I know we won, and Rashford got an assist, but feck me, he was abysmal. I am happy that we got Antony but the biggest advantage is moving Rashford out of that team. 2/10 even counting an assist. Terrible footballer.

Casemiro is gonna be a GOD. Elanga is not at that level.
5th place baby

Orange Tree

Varane is MotM. Rock solid at the back.

Our forward line need some work. Still too casual with the ball and lose the ball needlessly.
De Gea kicking + Rashford‘s hold up play = giving away possession.

krazyrobus

Varane is so quietly effecient, he's like Maldini, you barely hear his name, but in come the clean sheets.

Our front line is a mess, and created all the problems for midfield.

Mctom actually had a good game.

Eriksen should never play upfront as a 10 or a 7. No legs to progress forward quickly.

Casemiro is class.

Rashford is poor upfront, Ronaldo was better.

Expect a whole lot of ugly wins due to this forward line.

Away fans fantastic once again.

Longshanks

Somewhat unconvincing win against a poor out of form opponent. Some occansional encouraging signs of good football, but on the most part it was a pretty drab workmanlike performance that in the end was just enough.

De gea consistently smashing the ball long is a problem for us, there was a spell In the first half were we actually got the ball down and played and took control of the game only for it to return to route one in the second half and then sit back and counter for the last 20 minutes.

Still nice solid defensive performance.

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 378 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 25% Leicester 1:2 Man Utd