PL W FA Premier League

Liverpool 1:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 22 March 2015

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
We never do it the easy way but that was oooh so sweet!

Big big day for us...

Last edited:

Rob Bowman

At least we are clear now on the way forward. Call it a 4-3-3 or a 4-1-4-1 but this looks very nice.

De Gea is a lock and hopefully he stays. Backline need a few new players although I like Rojo (and yes I know he only played a few seconds) and Blind. Carrick as the DM. Mata can clearly play on the right. Herrera and Fellaini as ACM, with Rooney on top. Play Young or ADM on left.

Now this team needs a leader on the back line and cover for Carrick as he is 34 but this could be very sexy :drool:.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
filthy fecks got what they deserved!!

prateik

Knew we would win this easily... Just had that feeling. Doesnt mean I had to be right.. but was really confident today..

Played really well.
Skertl is going to get a 3 match ban too :lol:

lapassion

Thank god that was over. What a game. Made a mess of it but 3 points are the most important thing.

Raw

Bloody fantastic.

To think, last season under Moyes we lose 1-0 and 3-0 (and won 1-0 in the League Cup) to these lot. This season we've won 3-0 and 2-1.

Should have given the penalty to Mata though!

Moonred

Loved. We don't like things easy. Rooney had a poor game apart from few times when he held the ball. Rest were really good, Adm sloppy. Skrtel and Gerrard are dirty bastards. Glad we won. Get the feck IN!!!! Juan one Mata!

paulscholes18

Felt Falcao should have taken the pen other then that FANTASTIC top 4 more or less in the bag

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
Made it harder than it should have been, what a huge win though. Delighted. Skrtel and Gerrard are fecking cnuts.

MDFC Manager

Yes!!! Mata you fecking beauty

StampyG and Squirtle are fecking cnuts

Rooney should never start at Anfield

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Passing went a bit to shit in the second half but best performance for ages at Anfield, should have 3 or 4 I reckon, Di Maria duffed a simple pass to Rooney and the penalty miss could have cost us.

pseudo_canadian

Amazing win. Well done. The only way this game could have been better was if Rooney scored. Oh well.

That was incredibly nerve-wracking at the end. Christ.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Screw the negativity aspect, celebrate the win, Mata's performance and Gerrard's cameo.

Raw

This was Liverpool's first loss in the league of 2015. This game was so fecking important and United turned up, held on and got the win.

Such a good win.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
can't wait for brenda's excuses, I think he will still use the word magnificent

ForlansHair

Magnificent performance for the first hour. Mata the star but Herrera and especially Smalling were sensational.

Lucky deflection on their goal. We really need to stop giving teams goals though. Most of our goals conceded come from us giving away possession. Carrick thinking he was Messi was madness.

Still, should have won by more. I am looking forward to what van Gaal can do after a bit longer with this team. The philosophy is starting to shine through.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Scum, filthy club full of fecking wankers alongside both players and shite fans, well deserved win for us. Hope that this scum thug gets retro ban, fecking prick.

ForlansHair

Magnificent performance for the first hour. Mata the star but Herrera and especially Smalling were sensational.

Lucky deflection on their goal. We really need to stop giving teams goals though. Most of our goals conceded come from us giving away possession. Carrick thinking he was Messi was madness.

Still, should have won by more. I am looking forward to what van Gaal can do after a bit longer with this team. The philosophy is starting to shine through.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Immense first half. Slaughtered them, but only managed 1 goal. We should have taken more form that 1st half IMO. Their goal was avoidable. If they hadn't have scored it, I think we would have seen it out comfortably.

Balotelli should have been off for two yellows, but so should Jones. Skrtel should be banned now as well as I don't think the referee saw it. Hopefully that will happen and do over their race for top 4.

Di Maria ruined our rhythm, despite assisting the 2nd goal, which was a great pass as well. He just looks so hurried and rash, snatching at everything.

The penalty summed up Rooneys day. Why would you put it at the perfect height for the keeper? Go high, low or down the middle. Just a poor take.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
And relax... that last 20 minutes was torture (even if we did quite a good job of killing the game after they scored!)

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Fantastic away performance against a side that hadn't lost in ages. We utterly dominated them for long periods. Kudos to LvG for sticking with the formation/lineup that works.

Man of the Match

Juan Mata image Juan Mata 94% of 1119 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 878 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw