PL L FA Premier League

Liverpool 2:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 19 January 2020

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Madness that a scouse legend is one of the only people in the media questioning Ole and his record. Everybody else skipping along, grinning through gritted teeth acting like everything is under control the fecking shit houses.
The season has been peaks and troughs all the way.

If we now win the next 2, the heat goes off a bit again.

The City away it'll be back on and so on.

Without Rashford, we certainly need some inspired transfer work now though, or it could quickly melt away.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
Completely agree.
But the state we're in, we need to save the meltdowns for losing to a lot crapper teams than this current Liverpool.

Rashford's injury forces our hand and we'll have to bring some sort of striker in, as even the most optimistic/deluded person can see Martial and Greenwood isn't enough to last half a season.
We certainly do need a short term fix while Rashford is out.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
This.. crazy shit moving Smalling out for the guy who played worse in that horrid backline. Nothing club with no direction and no end of sight regarding mismanagement. Ed has spent over 800 million since Fergie's retirement and this is the state of the squad that 800m buys this idiot.

Liverpool weren't good we just didn't have the quality to hurt them. The start of the second half was embarrassing to watch couldn't make 3 passes and have them chances again and again.

Terrible state of affairs.
Smalling actually getting rave reviews in Italy, allthough I must admit I thought he was not good enough for us.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I've seen a few people in here saying it was men vs boys and that's exactly what I said during the game as well. I get it if people are pleasantly surprised considering the state of our team that we could've gotten a point if this or that happened, but how anyone can watch that game and say that we are just a couple of players away from winning it is truly mind blowing, unless you ignore just about the entire game and only focus on the two chances we missed.

pauldyson1uk

5th in the league and still in all cup competitions despite our threadbare, injury hit squad, but we've "hit rock bottom".

Sensible.
5th yes that right, but FFS its nothing to get excited about , we are closer to rock bottom than top.
30 points , thats 30 points from the top, that itself is fecking shocking, 17 points from bottom, just makes it even worse. So yes the rock bottom comment I think is bang on !

Un4givableB

Football bloody hell, the Arsenal team we beat 8-2 played miles better than we did today.

We could have lost 8-2 today, god must be a Liverpool fan, them spanking us today may have quickened OGS departure, most ABU's want him managing us for as long as possible.

arthurka

Smalling actually getting rave reviews in Italy, allthough I must admit I thought he was not good enough for us.
Would walk into this shower of sit defense. Lost count of how many times Lindelöf gave the ball to Liverpool right in front of our box. Ball playing my ass. James is of no use if we can't pass the ball in front of him. Our midfielders can't pass it long and if they try it's always behind him, terrible waste of speed.

Dick Dastardly

Supports
Wrexham
I think a big problem for most EPL teams is that Liverpool will get better over the next few years. Look at today’s game, Salah was very poor, Mane not much better. They are nowhere near their peak.

Cockney Phil

The Ole experiment has not worked and we have 2 weeks to pad the weak areas and replace the lost players, to stand the chance of a decent run in.
The football quality today was very poor and we need to recognise how bad things have come when Haaland, another lost hopeful, scored a hat trick on his debut for Dortmund.
Keano is right back Ole for another year but it will be a waste of everyone’s time if we keep losing players because we’re crap at negotiating contracts. If we can’t succeed in Woody’s world then we really are done for.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I think a big problem for most EPL teams is that Liverpool will get better over the next few years. Look at today’s game, Salah was very poor, Mane not much better. They are nowhere near their peak.
Whereas I choose to live in the hope that they already peaked and are now on the point of beginning a steep decline... with this inevitable title being the only one they win in the next 30 years.

Wibble wibble

Lynty

Wow, didn't expect this response on here.

Lost against the best team in the world. Seems like its come as a shock for some people.

We truly do have a disgraceful fan base l, it's sickening

arthurka

Wow, didn't expect this response on here.

Lost against the best team in the world. Seems like its come as a shock for some people.

We truly do have a disgraceful fan base l, it's sickening
And this wasn't even close to being a gutless performance, not even close to being the worst game of the season.

Lynty

And this wasn't even close to being a gutless performance, not even close to being the worst game of the season.
Agreed.

I'd understand it after the West Ham defeat, or Newcastle, even against
Arsenal recently. Hell, I was livid after the Bournemouth game.

But of all games to throw your toys out the pram... this one is a strange choice

arthurka

Agreed.

I'd understand it after the West Ham defeat, or Newcastle, even against
Arsenal recently. Hell, I was livid after the Bournemouth game.

But of all games to throw your toys out the pram... this one is a strange choice
Agree baffling.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Ole Glazer Solskjaer thrilled with that no doubt. Glorious defeat. Fair play to Woodward and Ole the loser mentality has set in deep not just within the squad but even throughout a large majority of the fanbase. Sad to see.
Stupid comments.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Liverpool isn't that great of a side but we really such as a team. Need at least 4-5 before we can even put in a decent side. 2-3 years away from competing.
No, not a great side, but they are World and European champions.

Andersonson

Which part do you disagree with? Sacking Ole, taking Woodward away from all to do with the football side of things, or hiring Luis Campos as DOF
Mostly sacking Ole. Makes zero sense.

DOF might be a good option. But not a safe bet with woodward still in charge. Might change nothing

crossy1686

career ending
Keane started off was saying Ole should be given more time because Pep didn't do well in his first season. Oh come on, Ole's second season is more than half way through and look how they're doing :lol: ...not forgetting Pep's CV compared to Ole's.

He said he would give Mourinho more time...come on :lol:. How many times did Keane slag off and blame Mourinho?

Then made a point that Pep only did well because he got new players in....then they realized that United has been the biggest spenders since and he shut up

Keane was also saying how Klopp titles shouldn't be counted because it was Dortmund...come on. Look at how Klopp had to contend with Bayern and stealing all of his players and with a budget of next to nothing. You can't compared what Klopp did to Ole.

Then he went on this emotional tangent about Wolves playing Liverpool and how they didn't get it right before so why is everyone talking about United. He was carrying on about "Liverpool have all the answers to everything" :lol:

Come on man. He sounded like a child.

Pep and Klopp were given the benefit of the doubt because of their CVs. Look at what Pep won at Barcelona and Bayern. You have to be an idiot to be comparing them to Ole. It was ridiculous.
Ole is 13 months into his United career, he is most definitely not into his second season.
United aren't the biggest spenders of the summer, Villa were, have a look at the net spend.
He said that Klopp underachieved based on his past experience at Dortmund compared to his start at Liverpool and it took he three seasons to actually come good.
He also said that Pep underachieved in his first season and forced the club to buy 4 fullbacks to achieve his goal of winning the league.
He stated that Liverpool have got it wrong for 30 years so for everyone to start believing they know what they're doing now and no one else does is just stupid.

crossy1686

career ending
Madness that a scouse legend is one of the only people in the media questioning Ole and his record. Everybody else skipping along, grinning through gritted teeth acting like everything is under control the fecking shit houses.
Madness that United fans are buying what a scouse legend is saying about their club knowing full well he spat on a child once because his team lost to United...

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
Ole and a lot of United fans will be thrilled by that result.

Because we showed fight, or character or some other shite you say to counsel losers.

What is this guff?

Absolute pinnacle of a football fan..

Go support city ffs.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjzlIWL0JDnAhUkuaQKHcO5BMgQjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=https://www.numberofthings.com/ed-woodwards-future-at-manchester-united-is-safe-under-the-glazers/&psig=AOvVaw0OchUS0FLvWzM6NG9MfbvE&ust=1579556238432905
Mostly sacking Ole. Makes zero sense.

DOF might be a good option. But not a safe bet with woodward still in charge. Might change nothing
I can understand you, but I know Ole was a great player for United I just do not think he is a good manager. And that is what we need right now. Nagelsmann from Leipzig seems to be a guy with a great head for management and I believe he would cause Klopp a few headaches.

TheRedHearted

I still don't get it, Mata's offside touch should have resulted in a dead ball and a free kick from the keeper. That second goal should have never happened.

R'hllor

That vs top 6 thing sheep were waving with is melting really fast.

ScouseDipper

Supports
Liverpool
Surprised people are seeing so many positives in today's game. If Liverpool took their chances and didn't miss so many sitters it could've easily been 5-0. The score was close but it was a comfortable victory for the Scousers.
Especially the first 10 mins of the 2nd half. Liverpool were just on another level and could’ve scored at least 3-4 goals. Mane, salah and Henderson (twice) all should’ve scored.

big rons sovereign

I still don't get it, Mata's offside touch should have resulted in a dead ball and a free kick from the keeper. That second goal should have never happened.
Ref has his right arm up signalling an indirect free kick.
Let's not let the basic rules of the game interfere with a glorious media wank fest though.
6 times, yawn, rent free, unbearables la.........

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
For me the game and the difference between us and them was encapsulated in the first goal, VVD towering over Maguire to power a header into the net.
VVD was available to us. He cost 10 million less than Maguire.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
For me the game and the difference between us and them was encapsulated in the first goal, VVD towering over Maguire to power a header into the net.
VVD was available to us. He cost 10 million less than Maguire.
We were linked with him at Celtic, I remember most people being against it because he had no positional sense or something. Oh, and because it was the SPL.

Denis79

We were so lucky to be still in the game as long as we were, we didn't have a good game, just luck.

CognitiveNeuro

Ole is 13 months into his United career, he is most definitely not into his second season.
United aren't the biggest spenders of the summer, Villa were, have a look at the net spend.
He said that Klopp underachieved based on his past experience at Dortmund compared to his start at Liverpool and it took he three seasons to actually come good.
He also said that Pep underachieved in his first season and forced the club to buy 4 fullbacks to achieve his goal of winning the league.
He stated that Liverpool have got it wrong for 30 years so for everyone to start believing they know what they're doing now and no one else does is just stupid.
Dude. A season is 12 months. This is not Ole's first season. He had at least a transfer window to get his players in.

The biggest SPENDERS were Man Utd. Why are you even talking about Net Spend?
His point is that Ole did get players in. It wasn't as if he wasn't working with no transfer windows and no spending.

Guardiola showed what he was made up of his next season. Ole did have a transfer window. He's still doing average.

Also why are people even comparing Ole to Guardiola? It's just laughable.
Look at what Guardiola accomplished before. Keane just made a fool of himself and Carragher knew exactly what he was doing.

big rons sovereign

Dude. A season is 12 months. This is not Ole's first season. He had at least a transfer window to get his players in.

The biggest SPENDERS were Man Utd. Why are you even talking about Net Spend?
His point is that Ole did get players in. It wasn't as if he wasn't working with no transfer windows and no spending.

Guardiola showed what he was made up of his next season. Ole did have a transfer window. He's still doing average.

Also why are people even comparing Ole to Guardiola? It's just laughable.
Look at what Guardiola accomplished before. Keane just made a fool of himself and Carragher knew exactly what he was doing.
Gibberish.
How is August to may 12 months?
Ole is powerless with transfers, he's relying on Terrence and Philip to negotiate them, there's a reason every manager since fergie has been thoroughly pissed off.
Guardiola would struggle with this squad, he's had Barca, Munich and city, spending billions along the way but he's struggled with a few key players missing this season.
Yer talking out yer ass mate.

Andersonson

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjzlIWL0JDnAhUkuaQKHcO5BMgQjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=https://www.numberofthings.com/ed-woodwards-future-at-manchester-united-is-safe-under-the-glazers/&psig=AOvVaw0OchUS0FLvWzM6NG9MfbvE&ust=1579556238432905

I can understand you, but I know Ole was a great player for United I just do not think he is a good manager. And that is what we need right now. Nagelsmann from Leipzig seems to be a guy with a great head for management and I believe he would cause Klopp a few headaches.
I dont care how he was as a player, he could've been David Bellion for all I care, it what he does now thats exciting.

People seem to forget that we've been top 4 twice in 7 years. Atleast now we're seeing development from young players and a plan to develop a side that doesnt contain over the top players for huge as hell wages.

Alek M

Da manic one
Cmon guys. That was a great performance. We had several chances that we should have scored from. We are without our main striker, without our main midfielder. Liverpool were hoping for the whistle in the last 20 minutes. We atacked, pushed forward.

Oh and Martial is crap. Please,let's get Timo Werner!

De Gea was great!

RedBanker

I love you Ole
I am all for Ole out but yesterday the team was a handicap. Martial is just not good enough. In top level high stakes games all you get is one chance in 90 minutes. He did. And fluffed. Also he is no where close to top strikers like Aguero who can manufacture moments of brilliance on their own. He is still young and probably no where near his prime, but he can have no excuses for missing that chance.
AWB disappoints utterly in attacking. James needs to train harder and develop subtleties in his game. He is looking average now. DDG won't come out at all ever. So he should then save all one on one situations he created due his lethargy. 3 points lost. We should and could have taken 1.
No signings forthcoming.
Players looking burnt out.
Key players injured.
Manager and coaches devoid of ideas.
Board least concerned.

It's going to be a long journey to reach May 2020.

VictoriaRed

The get rid of OGS is getting ridiculous. He's inherited this squad...you're telling me that anyone but the Boss would get more out of this squad? Feck off. I'm all in with him.

manc4red

Last post of the day for me due to newbie restrictions (someone give me a like please lol)

Anyways, this game boiled my blood more than I thought it would. Like many of you, we knew a result would be difficult but lets talk about a few important points

- Maguire is a good defender. But he is definitely nowhere near the quality of VVD. To think that we paid more for him and he is not as good. Shambles

- gameplay. We were lucky to only be down 1-0 for as long as it was. They missed sitters, hit the post, and VAR for once went against them. This comes down to Ole and his coaching. On another day we wouldve been down 3/4 to 0 by halftime.

- Injuries. We are unlucky with injuries for sure but this highlights the embarrassment of our recruiting system. We have spent hundreds and hundreds of millions on this squad, how is it possible that our XI is this poor. And how we do not have suitable quality players as backup for positions because injuries will happen

- Passion. I truly think it is us the fans that have the passion now. This game was vs Liverpool our most hated rivals, where was the game raising? When Liverpool were shite, they at least game raised in matches like this.

overall no Mr Ole. This is not fine. Besides Liverpool , our top 4 opponents are all vulnerable. This season really is not that difficult to make top 4. Chelsea is trying very hard to leave the door open for us. Even Mancity and Leicester are doing their part.

Snuffkin

Still don't know why Mata didn't start. He's the only player they are afraid of and always picks the right pass.

Man of the Match

Fred image Fred 83% of 325 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 318 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw