PL D FA Premier League

Liverpool 0:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 17 January 2021

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Anyone saying we played shit needs their head examined.

They haven't lost at home in about 4 years , created no real chances against us and really with the Bruno and Pogba chances at the end we should have won.

I'm pretty satisfied with that
Yeah we were okay and performance was on par with Liverpool. But those two chances, can't hrlp but feel disappointed

drunkmonkmeth

Supports
Toronto FC!
Great defending terrible front 2.. rashford and martial need to be dropped but sadly theres no one to drop them for.. people think we need a new defender or a CDM? nah we need new forwards. they maybe in a bad patch.. but its been very long.. martial cannot finish for the life of him but still plays fairly decently.. rashford has become absolutely useless... and its soo fusterating because hes so good at getting into good position but when hes on a breakaway or has a shot on goal you're gonna bet against hime very single time. hes turned into dannny welbeck.

prateik

First time Liverpool havent scored in a home league game in 45 matches..
They had won 32 out of 34 home league games before this.

They dont drop points at home.. we came away with a point and should have won.. Can't be too disappointed.. but it feels like a missed chance.

BestRed

Battled well through out, just needed more quality from the forwards, but feck it a point away in Anfield is a decent result.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Whole back four were superb, as were the midfield. Hard for the forwards with so little of the ball, every mistake magnified. Overall an excellent team performance against a team that hadn’t lost at home in 3.5 years. Barring two excellent saves from their keeper, we’d have taken all 3 points.

Tactics spot on, excellent team performance. I’ve learned not to listen to the moaners.

Judas

Open to offers
The fact is we're coming away from Anfield and to me it feels like a massive two points dropped. Bruno or especially Pogba should have buried their chances.

But we're top, three points clear. Still reasons to be positive.

SirAnderson

Fernandes had a poor game. Poorest for me since his been.
When he clicks, we win. No Bruno, no party.
That aside, Pogba seem to try to hard to do a Bruno and just misplaced passes.

Rashford, my word how many times was he caught offside, or ran the ball into the defenders. That chance with him and Cavani, he just had to put him I'm.

Only 2 subs made, don't know what to make of that other than he doesn't trust his bench.

While I am happy for the point, I feel disappointed that we didn't really go for it, for a number of reasons.

One can only hope City slip up with their run of fixtures now.

Tibs

I thought that was small-club, cowardly management by Ole.

Yes, I’d take a draw every day of the week beforehand but seeing how the game was going you bring on Greenwood earlier for Fred or McT and press on them.
Or even if not, Donny to give us a bit more intent.

But no, we took the cowardly approach....we should have ended Liverpools home record today

MU655

A pretty dull game, but I thought we performed alright in the midfield and defence after a shaky start. Attack was very poor again when we are facing a top side. This has become a major issue. We have only scored 1 goal against the top six this season. We probably had the better chances as well.

Rashford and Fernandes were particularly poor today. Martial wasn't any better. Too many offsides, greed, bad decisions, rushing passes, and general lack of teamwork upfront are really messing up too many chances recently. They look like three individuals at the moment.

Greenwood sub was too late. Late substitutions like that in a league game always seem pretty pointless.

Moonis

Cant believe Rashford didn't pass the ball to Cavani

Happy with the point otherwise

ShoePolish

Unfortunate Martial could only last an hour. Thought he was rinsing them left right and centre.

Zlatan Ibrahomovic

Bruno should have been subbed off at 60 mins, completely useless all game and it was evident that he had a stinker. Only thing he did was making big disappointed gestures (and there were many of them), and then making a fuzz when he finally was subbed.

Rashford also very poor and should have been subbed.

While Ole managed to get Lindelöf absolutely right, his poor in game management limited us to 1 point this game, as all 3 points were there for the taking.

Besides Lindelöf, Shaw was the MOTM and Pogba played well as an for the team outlet on the right hand side. Absolutely essential as the rest of the front 4 where MIA today.

drunkmonkmeth

Supports
Toronto FC!
Yeah we were okay and performance was on par with Liverpool. But those two chances, can't hrlp but feel disappointed
my real issue is that those 2 chances arent what we should be talking about.. the breakaways rashford wasted today were actually criminal.

Acole9

Outstanding
I thought it would be a draw before the match started. I was worried for the first 20 minutes but we grew into it.

I do think we could've nicked a goal but ahh well.

CM

We looked the likelier team at the end and probably created the better chances but I would've snapped your arm off for a draw before the game. Lets keep chugging along.

Manoucha09

Normally a result I'd take at Anfield, but that was a poor performance from all our attacking players. Doesn't help that Ole set out to stop Liverpool even though they're way off form.

How do we not take the game to them with their makeshift defence? Frustrating as hell...

And Rashford really needs to work on timing his runs and his decision making. Piss poor today.

Good game from our defensive players though. Lindelof did surprisingly well. MOTM for me.

UnitedFan93

Decent point, however I thought we were really poor. City go there and win today, it's one of the reasons why I think they'll be champions again.

MonkeysMagic

Draw not a bad result...but can't help thinking that if we were clinical in front of goal (seasons long complaint!) then we'd have 3 points. And our passing really is in bad need of addressing.

Defence played well, snuff liv danger in sec half to limited chances and conc was great from set pieces but now need to push onwards and not drop stupid points against Fulham, Sheff Utd and Arsenal.

eire-red

This is only a good result if we manage to bounce back with a win against Fulham.

It felt like all the talk about Liverpool's defensive fragility got to the players heads, we were too eager to get in behind when we should have been more patient with the ball.

The Greenwood sub was also strange. For me, it should have come earlier, and he should have come on for McTominay, with Pogba slotting in the middle.

Fridge chutney

Cagey match but it was important not to lose. So a good result, given that we were at Anfield.

What's frustrating is that we could have and frankly should have won it. If Rashford was on form, we would have won. Surprised that he stayed on instead of Martial.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Repeat to yourself: don't get hyped for these games. They are always trash.

1. Would have taken the draw before the game.
2. We could have won it at the end though, so frustrating
3. Rashford does this tunnel vision thing all the time. Look up and see your options. It worked against Wolves but it burnt us here
4. Shaw MOTM. Lindelof and Maguire not far behind
5. The ref swallowed his whistle, Fabinho should have been off
6. Advantage Citeh

El Zoido

We were the better team apart from the first 20 minutes, should have won the game but we’re not in the best form. Bruno and Rashford are our two key players and neither are firing right now.

youngrell

Had the 2 best chances of the game so disappointing not to get the win but it is still a good point.

Few poor performances from key players and most of our players were way too panicky on the ball.

Would have liked to have seen Matic for the last 30 to restore some composure in our build up.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Whole back four were superb, as were the midfield. Hard for the forwards with so little of the ball, every mistake magnified. Overall an excellent team performance against a team that hadn’t lost at home in 3.5 years. Barring two excellent saves from their keeper, we’d have taken all 3 points.

Tactics spot on, excellent team performance. I’ve learned not to listen to the moaners.
I need to learn to ignore the moaners too

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Glad that since Brunos form dropped, others have stepped up their game. We dont feel so over reliant of bruno as a couple of months ago.

Ole got his tactics spot on. We defended so well, limiting Liverpool to a couple of half chances, and we could have won it second half: Bruno had Pogba both had a very good chance. Wasn't to be, but I'm encouraged by that. A year unbeaten away in the league now.

Fridge chutney

McTom was also not great. We need to keep Pogba somehow and being in another great central midfielder.

Paul_Scholes18

Annoying end and we should have won. I am very disappointed. City the winner here. Although if they drop points tonight I will feel better about it.
We improved second half so can't blame Ole for not going for it. Taking Martial off was maybe a bit odd though .

Oldtraffordboy

Frustrating because they were there for the taking. Not sure why we haven't turned up in any top 6 game.

Tried too many long balls. When we played it round them we got decent chances.

Bruno was 1/10. Needs 2 weeks off.

MrSingh2002

If the players were played in the positions they've been playing the past month we would've won that game.

They were petrified at the back and we never capitalised on it as Rashford was repeatedly offside and Pogba should've played off the left side.

Ole played a bullshit lineup. Played a back four so u can't say it was a defensive back line but there was no fluidity from the start.

We're only top if City don't win their games in hand.

Man of the Match

Luke Shaw image Luke Shaw 74% of 459 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 433 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw