PL D FA Premier League

Liverpool 0:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 17 January 2021

lsd

The Oracle
Another big game another scared stiff performance from us. So hard to watch us play like this.

snk123

Rashford and Greenwood - the most overrated players in the world. Need to learn how to pass the ball first.

freeurmind

weak willed
Full credit to Ole and Lindelof. Both were excellent. We could have won if not for Allison. Very good point. We move on.

Bole Top

great result. thank you Klopp for keeping Firminho in the game for so long.

Josep Dowling

Thought we could have shown more. Probably should have won but you always take a draw at Anfield.

Delano

They were absolutely there for the taking today. This Liverpool team is nowhere near the level of last season.

Bruno and Rashford were both utterly atrocious as well. With just an ounce of composure in the final third, we win.

Shaw our MOTM.

el3mel

Today is a damn great result.

I didn't ask for anything more. I wanted a win vs Burnley and avoiding a loss vs Liverpool. We did absolutely that. Get in.

We could have won yeah but the primary target wasn't losing first and foremost.

Cardozo

If Fernandes or Pogba put their chances away we have the 3pts there.

Good result, but need to beat those around us to stay top.

Santos J

Not as bad as the match day thread would have you believe. Good chances and were the better team in the second half, should've won it really.

BulgarianDevil91

Missed the first half, but from what I saw in the second, apart from their pressing, they're a mere shadow of their former glory. Probably a win for us would've not been quite deserved, but I still think we could've done better with our last few chances.

AngliaRed

Bleh! They were there for the taking 2nd half.

Bruno was absolutely shocking. His passing and decision making has been terrible for a good month or so.

Shaw MOTM
Pogba good

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Advantage City as far as the league goes but a worse result for Liverpool than us. We’ll be top tonight, they’ll be joint 4th and completely out of form.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Created some good chances, but if we showed a bit more ambition then this game was there for the taking.

Shaw was excellent. Pogba played well in an unfamiliar position. Rashford & Bruno were very poor. Cavani should be starting in #9 role.

Yakuza_devils

At the end we have much better chances to win. Pogba big miss. Bruno too.

Rashford was very selfish not to pass to Cavani when 2 vs 1. Rashford is still lacking football intelligent. His game is all about speed and power.

Leg-End

It’s a good point but a little bit of adventure and we could have had the 3. Liverpool really we’re not that good, we just lacked the killer pass on the counter, mostly because Rashford failed to turn up.

saivet

Boring but thought we were probably the better team. The Bruno and Pogba chances were by far the biggest of the game. Feel we could have gone for it a bit more but no real complaints from me.

Eplel

We're very wasteful up front, rarely play direct when there's space.

Shaw for me was our best player but I hated how he stalled in the end with the throw ins.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Boring. Frustrating that we missed our chances, but happy with the draw. Bruno and Rashford look tired and need a rest.

atkar83

Does Rashford have any interest in doing anything other than running behind defenders, usually offside? He won't take on headers, doesn't want to pass, and he's perpetually looking tired, injured or disinterested. So disappointing he got a full 90

Siorac

feck me. Is this a brilliant result or a massive missed opportunity? Probably a bit of both.

First 30 minutes were utterly awful but we grew into the game, especially the midfield. Back four was outstanding, most notably Shaw.

Those chances by Bruno and Pogba... draw is a fair result overall but in the end we were closer to winning it.

Woodzy

Not overly disappointed but the game was there to be won and we didn't take it.

Happy with the way we defended, Liverpool were the better team in terms of overall football but I don't think they would have scored with another 90 minutes, and we could have easily won it by 1 or 2 on another day.

Castia

We had the better chances and can’t really complain about a point away at Anfield, unlucky not to win it in the second half

Okey

Great point! Defended excellently, like we clearly set out to do. And we actually had the best chances. Lots of ifs and buts, and would have been great to end their home run, but all in all...a very good result!

Fracture90

Don't get me wrong, a point away against Liverpool is hardly a bad thing, but they had Fabinho and Henderson as their CB pairing...

Feel that they were there for the taking, just we didn't do enough.

Bruno and Rashford, 0/10.

Man of the Match

Luke Shaw image Luke Shaw 74% of 459 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 433 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win