PL D FA Premier League

Liverpool 0:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 17 January 2021

Slevs

likes to play with penises
If we didn't play with 10 men, I'm looking at you Marcus Rashford, we'd have won.

Walters_19_MuFc

I'd have taken a draw before the game but it was there for the taking.

Liverpool domimated the first half which was to he expected but the second half was pretty even and in terms of chances, I felt we edged it.

Unlucky in the end. Felt our lads ran their socks off.

Red Stone

A point at Anfield is a great result on paper. Still felt we could have nicked the win, mind.

Siorac

That counter-attack that Rashford fecked up though. Easily the most infuriating moment of the game.

siw2007

A good result for the team tonight. Very difficult game but thought we were better in the 2nd half and creates the best two chances of the game, so maybe should have won but would take a draw at Anfield regardless of what iteration of Liverpool is out there. Luke Shaw MOTM for me, was simply imperious out there.

PoTMS

Feels like 2 points dropped. Why have VDB if he's never been gonna be given opportunities over Bruno?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Will take the point. Need 3 points from the Fulham match.

AaronRedDevil

Not a bad result whatsoever. These kind of matches happen. Liverpool could have won it in the first half and United in the second. So the result is fair enough. But my god, united got the easier chances to win it. So many times there were only 2 Liverpool defenders and 3 united attackers and couldn’t do shit just once. Rashford was an absolute idiot, Bruno passing was so bad. so many dumb decisions. Happy with the draw. Still 1st!

Cloud7

Bit annoying in that we clearly could have won today, but you can't really be that disappointed with a point away at Liverpool. That being said, if City win their two games in hand, which looks very likely at this point, then they can overtake us.

Judas

Open to offers
I feel like we'll look back with huge disappointment at the chances we didn't take. They were there for the taking. We should be really celebrating right now.

City will be very happy though.

Lee565

Think ole could have set us out a bit more adventurous but we really could do with genuine world class attacker in the front 3

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Good result and approach from United IMO. It can be a bit tough for Bruno in these sorts of games because he's inherently a risky player and that's what makes him great, plus Liverpool are smart enough to focus on marking him. Someone else needed to step up creatively - Pogba had a couple moments but overall was disappointing for me.

dal

Pogba and Fernandes, I thought we’d won. There keeper won the game for them, they never had one clear cut chance, we had 2.

We should have won that you have to take your chances! FairPlay to the keeper.

I’ll take that.

Again Ole got his tactics spot on, He played Pogba to deal with Robertson’s power and strength and I thought he did well.

Bruno was sloppy as hell, really really bad.

Luke shaw was man of the match, best defensively and created the clearest opportunity, Bruno should have scored.

cyril C

We were lucky 1st half not to concede, Liverpool was lucky 2nd half, so a fair result

Jev

Exciting match. We played well, defensively superb and tactically very clever. With a bit of luck we would have won. If there had to be a winner, it would have been us. Encouraging performance, and the result is fine.

Member 101269

Liverpool are on the decline; we should have won

Content with a draw and Liverpool going to 4th tonight

Dobba

We have dropped points, so cue posts about "cowardly tactics" that were written half hour before kick off and bare no resemblance to the game in which we had three gilt edge chances to win it.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
They're the champions and we could've came away with all 3 points. Respect is earned and I think we have earnt that tonight, especially from myself because I thought we'd get walloped. :D

Roboc7

In isolation a decent result but why we are so terrified of all the ‘big six’ teams and happy to draw nil nil is beyond me.

r0663664

Worships Man City
We had more clear cut chances, draw is a good result. City very happy with this draw. We will finish top 4, I am happy with the progression. Pogba should have score.

Crashoutcassius

What a result given liverpools home record and, most importantly, the huge mis match in prep time

Psychologically a massive result I feel.

Could have won but probably didn't offer enough over the game to say we were unlucky, in reality a bit lucky to win but given the different in prep time think we did well

Get In Scholesy

Threw the game away to focus on managing our position in league in my opinion. We played down to their level most of the game, showed them way too much respect. Didn’t exploit any of their deficiencies in defence.

Ah well, its not the worst case scenario but its also not the best.

We’ll see if we take anything from this game in our game next week.

MrBest

They were there for the taking but we decided to play for the point. Good result but Ole lack of changes cost us 2 points and keeping Rashford on for 90mins was strange too -he has been awful and should have passed to Cavani when it was 2 on 3. Top of the league still, clean sheet and Liverpool never really threatened. 2 points dropped but I will take that. Hopefully Palace can get something at City.

Tarrou

the setup was decent and they didn't threaten much but again our execution in attack cost us

Banana Republic

There is only one conclusion from today’s match and that’s conclusive proof that Rashford is not very good at all.
This wasn‘t just another off day.
He’s not tired, nursing an injury, not fully fit, having an off day or any of the other excuses.
As much as I like the lad, he’s becoming extra baggage for Utd and it’s looking very clear that he’s not going to make the grade.
Unfortunately it’s going to take some time before the penny drops with Ole and many of the fans.

lex talionis

A draw at Anfield is never a bad result, but Liverpool were there for the taking today and we passed up the chance to take them and run ahead at the top of the table.

cyberman

Liverpool really are in trouble, they look toothless.
Take the point. Move on to a run of easy games so ets keep the foot down

bsCallout

Again, never a bad result but we need to take that step up to taking the game to these big teams.

McT picked it up after a shocking first 30.

These games don't suit Bruno, we play on the back foot too much. Still he got us going on 1 or 2 of our bigger chances.

Rashford was making all the right runs, just need to time them better.

Our back 4 had a strong game.

I'd really like to see us with Diallo at RW. We need another outlet.

Overall the title is still there for us to fight for, winning against the rest of the league might be all we need if we draw these big games.

MartinRed

Can't believe how greedy Rashford has become.Tonight it was scandalous!

disappointed we didn't knick that. Bruno and Pogba both should have scored.

But have to remember it's a good point in the hrand scheme of things and again shows the progression the team has made.

Lewnited

I have no idea if i'm happy with the point or annoyed at the missed opportunity :lol: Ultimately there wasn't much wrong with our game after a sticky start, so if we move on and win our next two we're all good.

Superunknown

This is the type of game that I hate; a game where the setup is just "not to lose". I thought the match itself was awful to watch. Yes, we did the defensive bits really well, but the attacking part was, honestly, completely crap. Has to be one of Rashford's worst games that I've seen, for sure.

We could have put in a better performance and made a real statement of intent. This Liverpool side were there to be beaten, no doubt about it. We had the best chances, but our attack was a complete letdown.

Maureen-yo

Shaw and Pogba with standout performances again. Bruno needs to be benched for a game, he looks tired and everything looks far too casual/laboured.
MCT and Fred gained more control as the game went on.

Betson

To be honest disappointed overall with the display , a hobbled together Liverpool side against full strength Utd side and they were still comfortable the far better and more composed team.

The draw is not a bad result but as we saw with City and again today we still have a long way to go to match the top teams in terms of quality.

Man of the Match

Luke Shaw image Luke Shaw 74% of 459 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 433 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw