FA W FA Cup 4th Round

Manchester United 3:2 Liverpool

Post-match discussion

Sun, 24 January 2021

Scholsey2004

Can someone confirm Rashford wasn’t injured, please?
Went straight down the tunnel. I thought he might have tweaked a muscle or something not long before he went off because he ended a run with a few hops. Fingers crossed it's just a tight muscle.

Park's Petrified Pooch

Wow, talk about an over reaction.
great win? Neither team went into full throttle for this game, and I’m happy we didn’t. Yes we played our starters but you could tell both teams were taking it easy.

I do think it’s an important observation, quite worrying to me becauseI hoped with us where we are in the table all things were well at the club.
Ah you’re a troll. I’m terrible at this. This is the second time I’ve taken the bait on here. Into the blocked list. As you were.

Adamsk7

Went straight down the tunnel. I thought he might have tweaked a muscle or something not long before he went off because he ended a run with a few hops. Fingers crossed it's just a tight muscle.
Knee according to Ole. Scan tomorrow

Danillaco

Shaw was immense in that first half. McTominay had a horror show to be honest. I was honestly amazed at how bad he was on the ball at times.

Good win, decent performance. Still WIP, this team.
I don't think he was bad, but shows what immense difference it would make if we had a proper CDM, he and Fred are box to box.

Scholsey2004

It's actually considered unsporting behaviour and it's a bookable offence and indirect free kick, if the ref chooses to call it.

It's open to interpretation, and I've never seen it happen in professional football, but it happens in Sunday League every now and then.

A friend of mine is a ref and has to deal with it sometimes. You're allowed to shout 'leave it', 'mine' etc but not if you're deliberately trying to put off the opponent.

It's why you don't see it actually happen that often in Sunday League, most guys who play at that level know not to do it.
So you can't just shout 'tits!' at key moments in the game at senior level? That's disappointing.

Achilles McCool

I don’t know if this has already be posted, but here’s a great quote about Bruno:

In it he revealed Bruno Fernandes, having been told he was not going to start today's game, stayed on the training pitch yesterday practicing free-kicks for an additional 45 minutes.”!!!!!
Love it!

tjb

The big thing the game proved for me was that Pogba should be used in midfoed
To be fair BT have just done a highlights reel on the match before the televised Everton match from Michael Owen and nothing was mentioned about it never being a free kick. ABU's like Wright will always try to find something to discredit a United win.

*Embarrassing by Wright there.
Because BT has a relatively fair commentary and punditry. Their a bit more professional than Sky at times. I feel sky promote the partisanship.

Popcorn

We are getting better and better to watch. This isn’t another false dawn though we do look a little shaky at the back sometimes, our attacks down the left look great.

Eric's-collar

Get fecking in, great win, defending still shakey at times, wish we wouldn't play out so much, Donny struggled but to be expected, McTom gave ball away far too much, other than that vg performance n great to see Bruno win it with a lovely fk c'mon

TheRedHearted

Ah you’re a troll. I’m terrible at this. This is the second time I’ve taken the bait on here. Into the blocked list. As you were.
A troll? Dude you’re the definition of a troll. Anyone who claims two sentences are the most deplorable things they’ve ever heard (a paraphrase as I’m not going to go back to check) etc etc are trolls.

Agila Dathi

To be fair BT have just done a highlights reel on the match before the televised Everton match from Michael Owen and nothing was mentioned about it never being a free kick. ABU's like Wright will always try to find something to discredit a United win.

*Embarrassing by Wright there.
Apparently he changed his mind...

Kag

A proper game, that.

Minus a poor spell in the second half and some pretty poor defending for the goals we were the better team. So much more dangerous going forward.

Walters_19_MuFc

At the end of last week's game against Liverpool, Ole mentioned that we needed to keep the ball better and be braver on it. His team selection today suggested he wanted more of that today and it showed.

Whilst Liverpool had more of the ball, I felt we were better (still not perfect) and created some really good opening.

Absolutely buzzing about the win tonight. Not only does it put us into the next round but it'll give us more momentum and confidence going into the next game.

ceemac62

Excellent.
Ole gets his first Liverpool win, and we finally show we can boot some goals against a bigger team.

For any of our fans who wanted to go out tonight, shame on you.
And where were they going to go?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Firstly, those posters who said this wasn’t important and we had bigger fish to fry, we shouldn’t be wasting time on this etc

Kindly feck off! You lost the right to post here ... on this thread at any rate

Crimson King

So you can't just shout 'tits!' at key moments in the game at senior level? That's disappointing.
Unless there's a young lady at the side of the pitch lifting up her top to give everyone an eyeful, and you're just trying to be a good Samaritan and make sure no one misses it, then no you can't.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
We’re witnessing a change of power I feel.
And it feels amazing.

kidbob

Its so bloody satisfying that 2 home grown players had a massive part in that result. Also Scott wasn't great but I would certainly love to have him as a back up squad option, and starter in some games in my ultimate ideal version of our squad. Henderson is another that is a very good player that probably isn't ready for this level but maybe will be. We've brought some very good talent through lately and Pogba could be added to that. Also I still have hopes for Tuanzebe to be at least a good squad player and for Laird, he'll be our starting RB within 2 years if he can sort out his injury problems. The academy has done some great work the last few years.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Firstly, those posters who said this wasn’t important and we had bigger fish to fry, we shouldn’t be wasting time on this etc

Should have definitely been a week's ban or so.

It's a ludicrous form of arrogance as if we've been winning the title this last few years.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Hahahaha. Scouse. Pricks.

we may not win the title, we may not win the cup - still knocking ye out and making ye bitch is very satisfying.

Right attitude today. Sloppy goals to concede but we responded great. Onwards we go.

Zlatattack

It was a great game, lovely to watch.

I wish we had a threat down the right hand side.

MrBest

Man of the match, Ole. He got everything spot on. The players were great but Ole won this, great timing on subs, never waited. Ole is at the wheel, no longer am I Ole out, and i say that with pride having been Ole out for some time! :drool::cool:

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Great game! Pogba and Rashford were both immense, imo.

Can't believe they're saying on the BBC that it wasn't a freekick on Cavani. Are they blind?
That’s only bitter Ian Wright who’s well known for his ABU bias

Edit: I see (someone’s earlier post) he’s being a good sport on Twitter about it

Last edited:

theklr

If Rashord is out for a couple of weeks ..

Amerifan

Terrific match. Can’t say enough about Bruno and the club for buying him.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Ive Heard people complaning about Bruno moving the ball before the goal. BBC tweet feed posted a tweet where someone called him a cheat. Bruno basicallu moves the ball away from goal...dont get what problem is.

Same about second goal, playing from the back is something we are not very good at.

Dont get why people blame greenwood for the first goal.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Klopp’s post match interview was rather uncomfortable and unconvincing.

‘We’ve made progress even though we lost’ over and over again. He knows he’s set up for counter attack but his team is not pragmatic enough to deal with it. Worrying times for Liverpool fans

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I hope that win gives the squad some more confidence. They froze for parts of the game today I felt but I can't be too critical they deserved to win and three good goals. Bailly Maguire needs to be the starting pairing in defence if they are going to win something.

Man of the Match

Marcus Rashford image Marcus Rashford 48% of 403 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 389 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw