PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:4 Liverpool

Post-match discussion

Thu, 13 May 2021

edgecutter

Glazers are going nowhere!
And that means United will never challenge again. The fact that the only thing we were looking forward to was stopping Pool getting CL shows how far we have fallen. The Glazers have allowed clubs like Pool, City, Chelsea and even fecking Leicester win the big prize with us not even laying a glove on them (since Fergie left) shows how badly we are run.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Liverpool back to having United as their cup final. Normality resumed.

Houdini

Good job by our lads to insult Liverpool players by ignoring them on the pitch.

manunited1919

We couldn’t handle the Liverpool press. We also made mistakes that cost us the game. It just seems like we weren’t mentally ready for this game. Or perhaps they were much more motivated than we were.

RedChisel

Should have been putting down a marker tonight, instead they shit themselves. Disgusting performance. We need to spend some serious money just to stay in the top four next season never mind challenge for the title.

Ludens the Red

And that game sums up exactly why I think many have been hesitant to get giddy or see us as long term title challengers.
The excuses incoming will be predictable.
In fact expect several threads excusing that utter gutter performance being down to ‘protests’ and ‘dead rubber’ but it was the same old problems rearing their ugly head.
An absolute shambles of a performance.

Basically United at the moment are like being with a partner who constantly cheats but tells you you’ll get married eventually but deep down you know it won’t happen because the same problems lie at the surface.

They might go four months without cheating but then you start noticing dodgy messages on their phone or they start turning up late from work. It’s started again with United.

- Terrible defending from set pieces
- Total inability to control any phase of a game against a top side. (1 win in 8 against the four directly behind us)
- Rubbish passing and recycling of the ball and an inability to keep possession
- Can’t handle the high press
- Shoehorning players in

At what stage is somebody going to do something about these things or try and improve them.
These issues can’t keep popping up once a month. They need to be sorted out.

Nickelodeon

The gap is exactly what the table suggests. We are closer to Chelsea and Liverpool and significantly far off from City. Liverpool have the pretty valid reason of not having their first choice CBs available for pretty much the entire season which includes one of the league’s best player.

Chelsea have only had just over half a season with Tuchel, and they’ve outperformed us during that period without even factoring in the cups. There is no clear evidence why we’re more worthy of being title challengers than these two.

VivaRonaldo85

One team really wanted and needed it, the other are nearly on the sun beds with one big game left. At the top level it really shows. Very poor and unprofessional in such a fixture.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The glazers can massively feck off
I know where you are coming from, but it was the managers in charge who wanted Bailly, it was Jose who thought McT was the next best thing. It wasn't the Glazers who thought Fred was a good idea. The big cock up is not having somebody in charge of signings who knows something about football.

Dobba

Both teams were playing without their top centre backs today though, so its no excuse.
Weird because it was a pretty good excuse for them for the 2-3 months immediately after VVD's injury, but having to bodge together two different centre half pairings for 2 games within 4 days of Maguire's injury, out of depth so piss weak that we played Maguire for every league minute before it, is somehow not an excuse.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The Glazers will do nowt this summer. It'll be like the last Transfer Window. All talk and then we end up signing two 12 year olds and a grandad.

DomesticTadpole

One team really wanted and needed it, the other are nearly on the sun beds with one big game left. At the top level it really shows. Very poor and unprofessional in such a fixture.
They are not United players if they don't realise how much the fans wanted us to win this game.

joedirt87

Home form needs massive improvement next year. Doubt this team gets as many comeback victories as it did this year.

Holocene

The difference was quality players , they have far more of them than we have and that is even with them having a good few out injured.

They have had a poor injury ravaged season but they still posses far more quality than we do , and they showed that tonight.
I don't understand how this is your conclusion from watching the match.

We played a game two days ago, Maguire injured which means Bailly and Lindelof together, and Liverpool had everything to play for while we did not.

It was a terrible performance but there's not much to learn from this match.

edgecutter

I know where you are coming from, but it was the managers in charge who wanted Bailly, it was Jose who thought McT was the next best thing. It wasn't the Glazers who thought Fred was a good idea. The big cock up is not having somebody in charge of signings who knows something about football.
The owners have allowed all of this to happen. They allowed Ed Woodward (a guy that knows feck all about football) to make these decisions and constantly feck up without any reprimands. Feck the Glazers

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The mere thought of that prospect practically killed me inside.

I may never get an erection again.
Some of the joker pairs Liverpool have fielded this year would be like us playing McTom and a youth teamer we've not heard of yet.

We'd be about 8th if we'd had to do that all season!

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
And that game sums up exactly why I think many have been hesitant to get giddy or see us as long term title challengers.
The excuses incoming will be predictable.
In fact expect several threads excusing that utter gutter performance being down to ‘protests’ and ‘dead rubber’ but it was the same old problems rearing their ugly head.
An absolute shambles of a performance.

Basically United at the moment are like being with a partner who constantly cheats but tells you you’ll get married eventually but deep down you know it won’t happen because the same problems lie at the surface.

They might go four months without cheating but then you start noticing dodgy messages on their phone or they start turning up late from work. It’s started again with United.

- Terrible defending from set pieces
- Total inability to control any phase of a game against a top side. (1 win in 8 against the four directly behind us)
- Rubbish passing and recycling of the ball and an inability to keep possession
- Can’t handle the high press
- Shoehorning players in

At what stage is somebody going to do something about these things or try and improve them.
These issues can’t keep popping up once a month. They need to be sorted out.
Add to that we're 2.5 years into a "process" that is supposedly going as well as can be expected.

DomesticTadpole

The Glazers will do nowt this summer. It'll be like the last Transfer Window. All talk and then we end up signing two 12 year olds and a grandad.
That's the worry. Either that or overpay for some overhyped player who everybody but them knows its not needed or particularly great.

redzombie

who'd have thought Liverpool would have pressed like that, this brand new tactic really caught us off guard.

Banana Republic

Abysmal and embarrassing.
The rebuild hasn’t even got the footings finished yet.
It’s obvious we are nowhere near challenging for the EPL title next season.
It‘s going to be another challenge to get into the top 4.

Most are going to complain about the defence and the keeper, but we have a load of midfielders who can’t tackle, win the ball back or defend in the middle of the park.
All except Matic, who’s past it, are consistently erratic in their passing and sloppy too often.
They‘re all susceptible to having the ball nicked off them, time after time.

Apart from Cavani, who’s only a temporary member of the team, we have forwards who don’t work off the ball, don’t do any of the forward defensive work, cannot press, show no aggression or intent and don’t have any ability to win a ball off their opponents.

Contrast that with Liverpool, City, Chelsea and some of the lesser teams.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
The Glazers are set to appoint Ed Deadwood MK2 for our CEO again, so it's all on them.

They need an accountant yes-man, who makes them money. If they got someone like Van der Sar, they won't get on well because he'll demand better.

Loon

:lol:
Take this attitude into the final and we lose and end the season on a downer.

Al Capone

I'm not going to write what's on my mind as it would earn me a mod ban. Today was absolutely a shower of $#!*#. Doesn't matter if we are top four and thinking of the final. Playing the scoucers anywhere in any situation, even if playing em in the street or on the moon as klopp said In pre match should mean the players should have no drop in desire or the will to win. Sloppy performances throughout. Hendo hasn't covered himself in glory either today so maybe DDG needs a chance to come back out of the cold.

DomesticTadpole

The owners have allowed all of this to happen. They allowed Ed Woodward (a guy that knows feck all about football) to make these decisions and constantly feck up without any reprimands. Feck the Glazers
I know that is what I said. They needed a football man in charge of the signing side. They just pandered to the managers whims.

krentz

Fair play to Liverpool and their fans, i made a fun of them after the Leicester game but tonight they made me eat a big slice of humble pie.

Some few points from this game:
1. Fred had a torrid game, and the whole team suffered. Goes to show how important his position is. When the engines go on roaring, even a vintage VW could climb mountain. Fred was horrible tonight and Liverpool completely dominated our half. A new DM is needed ASAP.
2. Baily - Lindelof is a car crashed duo, but hardly a suprise for anyone who watched them play together in 2017. Both lack of commanding skill to organize the defense, and got panicked easily. Hopefully this will kill the myth of "Baily being our best CB" for good. How about we try McT for CB next game?
3. Please play more kids. I'd rather see Hannibal cs than Matic playing more minutes. These are meaningless games, we are guarranted CL group stages anyway, why CANT we try playing some kids??

Tonight's result is meaningless but still feel suck because it is Liverpool. :rolleyes::annoyed:

R'hllor

People trying to blame protests for defeats, good one but go point your finger at something or someone else. fecking shameless bunch, you could see it miles away just w8ing moment to pop, from crying how their afternoon is wasted because they couldnt watch a game to now pointing finger for teams failures on the pitch.

ShinjiNinja26

I’m so pissed off we blew the chance to end their top 4 hopes, now the feckers are gonna sneak over the line despite being complete shite all season.

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 229 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 25% Man Utd 2:1 Liverpool
  • 14% Man Utd 1:1 Liverpool