PL L FA Premier League

Liverpool 4:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Tue, 19 April 2022

Josh 76

The first 15 minutes of the 2nd half shows that we can still play but my god, what a spineless bunch we have.

Matic, Sancho, Elanga were the only players to come out with at least a bit of respect for me.
This made me laugh
You can’t expect a team to dominate for a full 90 mins.

Liverpool had the game won and were just in 1st gear when the second half started.

Josh 76

This club has forgotten how to win and realized how to lose.
The only players I would keep on this squad are:

De Gea (and yes his distribution is a problem)
Bruno
McTominay
Fred
Telles
Elanga
Sancho
maybe Rashford but I think he needs to new team.

The good thing is, this summer is going to be a mental reset for this team. I just hope we make some good moves to get players in.
That’s quiet depressing if I’m honest!

MarylandMUFan

After a good nights sleep, I am thankful that what we call a horrific side (and it is by our standards) puts us in 6th with an outside shot at the Top 4. It really sucks to have such a gap between us and the title contenders but things could be far worse. At least we are not in Everton's position.

Cantonagotmehere

This club has forgotten how to win and realized how to lose.
The only players I would keep on this squad are:

De Gea (and yes his distribution is a problem)
Bruno
McTominay
Fred
Telles
Elanga
Sancho
maybe Rashford but I think he needs to new team.

The good thing is, this summer is going to be a mental reset for this team. I just hope we make some good moves to get players in.
Only ones I care about, the rest can do one.....Only 2 starters, maybe 3 if Varane can stop being crocked for us.

Elanga -squad player for now
Sancho- starter
Fred- squad middie
Rashford - I give him chance with ETH
Bruno - needs a manager reset more than anyone
Lindelof - 3/4 CB
Varane - get healthy a starter
DDG- of ETH wants him

Other youngins of course....

Vernon Philander

Are you for real? Were you blind to the god awful pass from Maguire? That was on Maguire. If you can’t see that, then please seek help.

Also, why have you spent so much time gathering all those quotes from posters just to criticise a young player like Hannibal? I’m astounded.
I'm not criticising him, I just find the massive praise heaped on him a little strange considering his involvement in the 4th goal and his limited minutes. If he had played well for a 90 min game, I'd understand it a little more.

I think it's still too low a standard from the fans to praise someone for running around with energy for a few minutes at the end of a game.

The Red Thinker

Wow… still unable to quite digest the humiliation of that. I’ve never felt more dissociated from this team than I do now. Can’t relate to almost all of that squad. Shocking.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
This made me laugh

Liverpool had the game won and were just in 1st gear when the second half started.
Are you Gary Neville?

The United performance was objectively good for the first half of the second half. And no team “has the game won” at 2-0 up. That spell wasn’t just about Liverpool playing badly. We did actually play well.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
You know your club is in trouble when my Liverpool supporting friends didn’t even mention it

redmanx

At least we now only have a handful of matches left to endure, and then Im away to USA for a few months. Hopefully by the time I return there will have been a few changes made but its going to take whole sale changes over a number of years to put us back where we belong, competing for trophies, playing attacking, exciting football.

SoCross

This made me laugh

Glad you’re capable of laughing. Still dazed at what I saw !

Artimities

I just dont see effort with this team. I think it has/ had too much star power. These guys just dont hustle. I saw hustle on RR's first game, and since then its been drab.

Bobski

But, ball playing centre back :lol:

At least Smalling would have smashed it into the stands.
Peak Smalling is still, by some distance, the highest performing Utd CB post Fergie.

Not without his flaws of course but it is a little amusing that so many were convinced that it was his passing holding Utd back and that bringing in 2 ball playing CB's(which Maguire and Lindelof are) would push us to the next level.

GueRed

Mohammed Salah came out after that game and said United's midfield "made their life easy."

Basically saying to the world our midfield is shit.

Mate it's been shit for years and nothings been done about it.

GueRed

Peak Smalling is still, by some distance, the highest performing Utd CB post Fergie.

Not without his flaws of course but it is a little amusing that so many were convinced that it was his passing holding Utd back and that bringing in 2 ball playing CB's(which Maguire and Lindelof are) would push us to the next level.
Maguire post Fergie still for me

I liked Smalling but squashed in between his injury prone years he only had one good season for me. 2015-16.

Maguire before this season for two years was good to consistently solid.

Obiorahking_

You guys are much stronger fans than me. I kinda checked out of football a few months ago because i just couldn't face up to the pain that this club brings me. The constant recylcing of managers and players it just gets too much. Some of my fav players like Rashford are just shells of themselves and wtf happened to Greenwood? What is wrong with our club? I was here for the Moyes years but somehow this feels significantly worse and I can't explain it.

Vargo Hoat

Supports
Union Berlin
Mohammed Salah came out after that game and said United's midfield "made their life easy."

Basically saying to the world our midfield is shit.

Mate it's been shit for years and nothings been done about it.
I've seen this take a lot online but for me it is pretty clear he is talking about how the Liverpool midfield is making life easy for him (Salah) and his fellow attackers. Can't really fathom why 90% of the media and tweets interpret this so wrong.

Player Ratings

3.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 313 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 18% Liverpool 3:0 Man Utd
  • 17% Liverpool 5:0 Man Utd