PL L FA Premier League

Liverpool 4:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Tue, 19 April 2022

OLLY ORANGE

Ralf coming across as a man who told the players what to do but the players are incapable of playing in a style/effort that most fans were hoping to see in todays performance. Most fans were expecting a defeat but wanted to see some pride and fight.
This does not fall at Ralfs feet.
I feel the club needs to keep him at the club along with the new manager but to let them clear every one they desire.
He is not the problem and nor his he a yes man to the owners.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

Seeing these comments, it makes sense why these players aren't trying. They know their careers are over at this club

dpansheth

(not a big fan of Brady) Brady usually makes a post-it out of such quotes & sets himself to overcome that.
This game was not about results, but desire. It takes talent + hunger to make it to the top of football. Our squad is showing that they have no hunger over last 10 years.
We can argue among ourselves who contributed what, but at the end of the day, these 11 + guys were not mentally prepared for a derby game. No amount of talent will compensate for that. There's no desire, and usually when that happens in sports for a year, you are done with.
p.s. I dont care how much *few* guys defend Rashford, Lingard. They are "homegrown", above all they understand to put their stamp on in a derby game. Shame on all of them.

dpansheth

Seeing these comments, it makes sense why these players aren't trying. They know their careers are over at this club
It should be other way around. The club should have decided a long time ago that their careers are over at this club.

Addled

Could be the greatest night in the clubs recent history. If tonight makes people at the club wake up and see that the “heroes” that we plan to build the future on are nothing but money grabbing leeches then it may be worthwhile. As GNev said, tonight could be Pogba last game for the club. That surely is something to celebrate.
Relegated Derby county got huge performances from their players this season. We got cowardice from ours. Leadership and attitude. Currently we have neither.
When leadership comes in the shape of ETH, he will need money but almost more importantly he will need time. Time to fix the team, time to fix the club & time to fix the supporters.
I really look forward to a time when OT will be rocking to a swashbuckling United performance in the latter stages of the CL. Tonight, that thought is a million years away. However, patience and good management (ETH) should get us there.
So, rejoice that the supposed best team in the world EVER, only scored 4, same as soon to be relegated Watford. I don’t know why but somewhere in there is a positive message.
I told my Liverpool supporting mate that if the scouse shit didn’t score 6, then it was a victory for us. In the boom bust cycle, we go again. There is always next year two years time. C‘Mon UNITED.

sunama

Baghdad Bob

Holy SHIT!
That's something that fans say, but now even the current manager is saying the same thing.

DickDastardly

Liverpool doing us a favour actually.

Imagine this lot of players actually pulled something out of todays game....you couldn't get rid of them!

Its all laid down on a platter for who ever comes in as manager.

Get rid of - Maguire, Pogba, Dalot, Matić, Rashford, Wan Bissaka, Lingard.

Clean slate.

Betson

I said yesterday in the match that it had the feeling of a league one club going to a premiership club for a cup tie such is the gulf in class between the two teams.

And that is just how it played out , what a joke shop of a club.

Betson

The reality is we will beg Pogba , Lingard etc to stay , give them big contracts and call it a good summer.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Liverpool doing us a favour actually.

Imagine this lot of players actually pulled something out of todays game....you couldn't get rid of them!

Its all laid down on a platter for who ever comes in as manager.

Get rid of - Maguire, Pogba, Dalot, Matić, Rashford, Wan Bissaka, Lingard.

Clean slate.
My friend. Even though this set of players have put in a bad performance, they'll still continue playing for us unless THEY decide they want to move.
We'll keep the likes of Maguire and Rashford. The only reason why we won't see Pogba, Lingard and Matic, is because THEY have decided they want to leave the club. We didn't get rid of them.
And unfortunately, the worst players will be retained.

Irrational.

Meanwhile I feel like Jez sleeping in the corner of big mad Andys miserable flat. Sad orange streetlight filtering in through the old net curtains, the sound of Andy slurping special brew into the early hours, and only the cold embrace of a loose black bag as comfort.

Hopeless.
:lol:

And I feel we all just witnessed the horrors of what Super Hans witnessed in that room of darkness.

“Dude, don’t worry about them, because they sure as hell aren’t worrying about you.”

sunama

Baghdad Bob
The reality is we will beg Pogba , Lingard etc to stay , give them big contracts and call it a good summer.
Lingard is absolutely not going to stay. He must resent playing for us by now.
Pogba has been offered a huge contract, which he is not worthy of. The board don't want to lose a £90M asset, even though he has been largely terrible for us.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
It's the supporters who need to look at themselves. Crap support for years at Old Trafford and constant bitching about the owners has got us here. What a horrible place to work.

I blame the above poster the most.
Did you just accuse me of causing the downfall of a billion dollar business with employees in the double digits who earn millions and are one of the best paid in their entire industry but perform like no-markers?

Boy, oh, boy do we have some deluded people supporting this club. Just :lol: and :houllier: :houllier: :houllier: all round at this point.

Unless, of course, the above is a troll but reality is stranger than fiction nowadays, so who knows?

m1tch

Totally shameful. I get it that a number of them know they are leaving cause their contracts are up and that has evidently effected their motivation - which is bizarre because surely they want to impress at every opportunity to get a good club interested and give themselves a better hand negotiating wages.

But there's the other lot (Maguire, Rashford, etc) who aren't out of contract and they know the new manager is watching, yet this is what they're part of. Maybe Ralf's already told them they've fecked it too and instructed their agents to find them a new club in the summer.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Would rather we played a team full of kids for the last 5 games than these charlatans posing as professional footballers. At least the kids have hunger and desire in representing the club!

northernfan

I'm sure the players didn't enjoy watching this game just like myself. And thats what they did, stood around and watched the game. Every goal occured because a United player didn't stay with their man. Simple football.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Totally shameful. I get it that a number of them know they are leaving cause their contracts are up and that has evidently effected their motivation - which is bizarre because surely they want to impress at every opportunity to get a good club interested and give themselves a better hand negotiating wages.

But there's the other lot (Maguire, Rashford, etc) who aren't out of contract and they know the new manager is watching, yet this is what they're part of. Maybe Ralf's already told them they've fecked it too and instructed their agents to find them a new club in the summer.
I don't think it matters how well they play and they know that. The wage structure at Utd has been so broken for so long that no club would be willing to pay, even if they were playing better than they are. Their wages do not justify it.

KKidAA

It’s taken them 9 years to grind me down, but I finally stopped caring. I spent 20 minutes of that first half chatting to a charity collector on my doorstep rather than watch us play against our biggest rivals.

I’m now paying £2 a week to a charity I’ve never heard of (until I remember to cancel my direct debit). Apparently I’ll get a t shirt in the post as part of my welcome pack. Cheaper than renewing my season ticket I suppose.

#Seven

I can't remember the last time I watched us and felt any joy at the style of play or pride in a performance. This is as bad as I can ever remember it. The club is completely and utterly broken. The worst thing that could happen is that we could manufacture a couple of joyless wins and sneak into 4th. This requires a full reset. The only players I would absolutely keep: DDG, Sancho, Elanga, Bruno. Mazybe: Shaw, Varane.

RedStarUnited

Could be the greatest night in the clubs recent history. If tonight makes people at the club wake up and see that the “heroes” that we plan to build the future on are nothing but money grabbing leeches then it may be worthwhile. As GNev said, tonight could be Pogba last game for the club. That surely is something to celebrate.
Relegated Derby county got huge performances from their players this season. We got cowardice from ours. Leadership and attitude. Currently we have neither.
When leadership comes in the shape of ETH, he will need money but almost more importantly he will need time. Time to fix the team, time to fix the club & time to fix the supporters.
I really look forward to a time when OT will be rocking to a swashbuckling United performance in the latter stages of the CL. Tonight, that thought is a million years away. However, patience and good management (ETH) should get us there.
So, rejoice that the supposed best team in the world EVER, only scored 4, same as soon to be relegated Watford. I don’t know why but somewhere in there is a positive message.
I told my Liverpool supporting mate that if the scouse shit didn’t score 6, then it was a victory for us. In the boom bust cycle, we go again. There is always next year two years time. C‘Mon UNITED.
We lost 5-0 at home to the same team and Ole stayed on.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral

FFS! Now opponents are taking the mick in post match interviews.

But this squad is so spineless that even these things won't motivate them.

Jeffthered

Very sad indeed. I actually thought we would make things a little difficult for them.

I actually worry about rest of the season.

NewYorkRed

The players suck, thats a fact. But RR got his tactics wrong here 100%. We looked semi-decent when he threw Sancho on. We should have been more attacking from the start because these jokers can’t buy a cleansheet no matter what. Would much rather go down swinging than be stabbed 4 times in my sleep.

hobbers

Where did Rangnick actually say that about 6 8 or 10 signings and contracts ending?

Nevermind found it.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!

It's such bollocks though.

We know we need such a rebuild but we are fecking terrible at selling players and almost as bad at buying them so there's no fecking chance 10 players are coming in.

Andersonson

Has there ever been a defence being 3v3 as much as ours? Every time LFC attacked it was 3v3. Midfield constantly overrun. Blame Maguire all you want but Mane and Salah against you constantly, wtf can you do

justboy68

Can't think of any other time that one half of a rivalry has been bent over so comprehensively over two legs. I honestly can't. No matter the levels of the teams, rivalries usually mean at least a modicum of competition. But not with these wasters. Utterly shameful.

nainaisson

The only way we could have got anything out of this game was if we used Sam Allardyce tactics, similar to the setup we used at Chelsea. The squad is too crap to do anything else.

Honestly, I'd rather we be humiliated trying to play proper football than win playing like Burnley or Watford. This game and others under Rangnick exposed players who aren't capable of playing the front foot, expansive brand of football that ten Hag will demand of the squad. The process of weeding them out will become all the easier, I hope.

Winrar

I gotta say, my loyalty to the club is being seriously tested right now.

It's one thing to be trophyless for several years and behind rivals, but that's not really what angers me compared to something like 1-6 City in 2012. The collective lack of effort in what is supposed to be a big game for us is nothing short of shocking.

I don't ever recall Liverpool giving us an easy game like this when the tables were turned around. They raised their game and made things difficult for us and rightly so, and we can't even put on a pretense of doing that.

Truly shameful.

Player Ratings

3.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 313 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 18% Liverpool 3:0 Man Utd