LC W League Cup Third Round

Luton Town 0:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Tue, 22 September 2020

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
Luton Town 0:1 Man Utd - Mata (44' pen)

Luton Town 0:2 Man Utd - Rashford (88')

Luton Town 0:3 Man Utd - Greenwood (90' + 2)

el3mel

Very good end and overall a much better second half. Job done I guess, even when our second string tried to make it a lot harder than what it should have been.

Hopefully we turn on against Brighton now.

Sara125

Took Fernandes greenwood and Rashford to change the game we need to do better than relying on subs in the last 10 mins

Edit: I know we were winning anyway but my point is there was a clear difference of quality in the play once those three came on

forevrared

An indictment on our squad depth. Quality was plain to see at the end, but the players we're expecting to come on and make a difference against the likes of City, Liverpool, et al can't make a difference agaisnt fecking Luton Town.

Santos J

Ending was enjoyable but my god our attacking depth is abysmal.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
A win. Good for fitness and confidence.

Shouldn’t have needed the first team to put the game to bed though. Not like the second team was all youngsters.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Good stretch of the legs to work towards fitness for some players. Both Rashford and Greenwood out of the starting blocks. Dull match. Good result.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
For now helps being in the comp as we're short on fitness. Very quickly will become a bit of a problem with ficture congestion though IMO.

Happy that rashford and greenwood got goals, hopefully rebounds some confidence to them.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Thought we played well for the majority of the game bar 10 minutes in the middle of the first half and the beginning of the second.

Never looked like losing

Crashoutcassius

Really struggled to break them down before subs. Going to be hard to get this group playing

Vdb bit disappointing for me, lingard looked lively. Ighalo not at the races. Matic looked grest on the ball for me. Everyone else was grand. Second half of the first half and first ten mins of second half was embarrassing.

Henderson touched the ball once and we missed a few chances so in reality comfortable, just boring

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Important goals for the confidence of Rashford and Greenwood. Pretty meh performance otherwise. Decent in parts but our attacking options are really poor outside MMM.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Score line a bit harsh on Luton. Good win in the end & positive that Rashford & Mason scored.

Slightly worrying that 3 starters had to come on to kill the game off... the squad really needs improvement.

always_hoping

Enjoyed that. Very much job done, Good for Rashford,Greenwood to get among the goals. Fine save by Henderson and bit of defending by Bailly at 1-0. Brighton twice in a week now?

Farfetched

Some good moments of play from us, but why oh why do we seem to get caught out/surprised by opponents wanting to win the ball?

Litch

Eric might not be the answer but you can see where an aggressive and speedy defender makes all the difference

siw2007

Difficult test for a good period of the game but obviously happy that we have come away with the win. Felt the team to start with was very unbalanced and made it hard for us. Great to see Rashford and Greenwood get off the mark for the season, hopefully they take it into the premier league now.

bondsname

the first half was horrid, the second half I thought the second string team got a good hold of the game. Bringing Rashford, Bruno and Greenwood on in the last 10 minutes was just brutal for Luton. :lol:

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Great example of our depth... or lack of.

Nice to see the first teamers turn up at the end and show they can put some good passes together. Just need to see more of that in the prem.

Waiting for all the de Gea bashers to petition him out and Hendo in on that one save, but not bashing him on it because he stayed alert and rose to the occasion when it was a very quiet game for him otherwise.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Turns out when you have a shit attack you can't really score goals. Who knew?
Ha ha.
But at least Lingard tried. He ran around a lot.

The game showed the gulf in class between our first XI and the back/bench players.
We need to get better squad players who can play in these types of games, without the need for our best players to be involved.

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 200 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Luton Town win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 24% Luton Town 0:2 Man Utd
  • 21% Luton Town 0:3 Man Utd