PL W FA Premier League

Manchester City 2:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 07 April 2018

GeorgieBoy

Poor Man City. Their two biggest games of the season this week. And they bottled them both. Hahaha.

Rob67

Sourness looks like he's going to cry. What a twat !!

MoskvaRed

Game of 2 halves. The first half was humiliating, the second was the old United spirit (made even sweeter by no penalty being awarded for Young taking out Aguero).

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Pogba's yellow card in the second half funnily enough was one of my favourite moments. That was Keane territory. He was pissed off moments before about Lingard being taken out and decided to leave his will on them. Loved the passion for United he showed.

Dosse

Maybe City should have been given a penalty, but they could also had ended up playing with 10 or even 9 men . What a comeback!

Last edited:

Addled

SKY went pitch side for the presentation
HAHAHAHAHA

FujiVice

Listen back to Neville’s depressed reaction to our goals, the guy is a bellend.

Then listen to him when Sterling hits the post.
You realise those microphones have a cough/mute button where the supposed "impartial" commentator screams his head off? You seriously think Gary Neville didnt go mental when Smalling netted the winner? If he's sounding lackluster, its probably because he cant come across like he's the happiest man in the stadium.

starman

This is what is annoying about this season, Yes, City have been great, but they are fragile, unfortunately few pressure them and just sit back frightened. Massively guilty at game at OT.

If they were to get past Liverpool, big if, they will get hammered by Real or Barca

SamVimes

The second half performance was immense. Determination, ambition, desire and some beautiful football. But the first half? What I don't understand is how we cannot replicate that second half performance on a regular basis. What is missing?

Tom Van Persie

No relation
So Sky fecked off from the studio and went pitchside thinking they were going to watch City's title celebrations. :lol:

DavidDeSchmikes

The Man United team of 2000-01 keep their record for 'earliest title win'. Great to rain on City's parade (only if it is temporary and to rain on the media narrative. BBC 5live were saying some City fans were crying(with their head in their hands)

kidbob

Now let's pull a McGregor and attack their bus to further display our dominance.

King Eric 7

...and he'll continue to do so for many years.
Too many negative nellies on this forum who just want to hate on the manager and players.
He was sacked at half time by the Redcafe fantasy board members :lol:

So many meltdown threads the mods had to deal with! No faith some of this lot...

Brightonian

It would be good to cut that lead of theirs to single figures. They could well lose away to Spurs, especially with the Liverpool game midweek, and if we win that will put them 10 points ahead of us. One more slip and it looks much less embarrassing.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
My Mrs decided to be really inconsiderate and go into labour. Now at the hospital, still waiting now. Missed the entire thing. Been following the match on the caf.

Devil may care

That second half is the most I've enjoyed a Untied game in months, we showed the kind of fight and quality on the ball that I just didn't see coming after the way we ended the second half, superb stuff and feck you Martin Tyler!

Dobba

Just think of all the Sky Sports montages we've ruined. They'll have had reams of them ready to go at full time.

Curly Watts and Mike Summerbee crywanking over a framed photo of Pep.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
The title's on!

The City bottlers will definitely lose to Spurs at Wembley
Then Swansea will chase them back over the border without a win
West Ham will man up and Chicherito will pound them
They might manage a draw against Huddersfield at home at the start of May
Relegation threatened Brighton will see them off …
before Southampton hold them to a draw at home

In the meantime we'll win everything because of Paul Pogba's hair!
I like your optimism. If this was a movie it would be a great script. But who knows - if they get demolished by Pool again anything is possible. It would be the ultimate revenge for a few years ago.

madzo2007

Can't believe theres actually City fans crying. 13 points clear and going to win the league, my heart is bleeding for you

Jamie L

Supports
Liverpool
Well played, that was pretty awesome stuff second half. Credit where due. Totally made them look like City of last year (from a Liverpool fan).

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
As bad defensively as Smalling was, Kompany was far worse. He couldn't have slept any better for those goals

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Seriously impressive and deserved comeback for you. Hopefully it brings City down a notch before we meet them on tuesday.

On another note, were all of you seriously suggesting that it wasn't a penalty and a clear red for Young? And you make fun of rawk:lol:

siw2007

What an incredible game of football! First half was heartbreaking, just how superior they were. But that second half was just unbelievable. I think we showed some courage to actually play football and have a go, and we’re rewarded with our efforts.

Bit lucky with a penalty decision but in truth I don’t care. Hats off to Pogba who led the comeback, after everything that has been said, he didn’t hide and scored twice.

In the scheme of things this year, it’s not a title winning match for us but it was a great 3 points. Hopefully though it will prove to be a defining moment for this team.

tombombadil

For the first time in a very long time. The players showed some pride in putting on that jersey. They showed mental strength and personality in fighting back. Especially Pogba. He was poor in the first half. He fought back in the second half

Skubah

Walked out the house to pick up the messages from Sainsburys as I wasn't watching that shite anymore after the first half.

I'm just home now and come home to this. Suppose I deserve to be gutted I missed the comeback for being such a moaning faced arse!

Anyways, Get the feck in!

How was the second half in terms of performance?

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
Feck those noisy neighbors!!! Brilliant come back all down to the grittiness and resolve of our men.

Absolutely brilliant!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Well played, that was pretty awesome stuff second half. Credit where due. Totally made them look like City of last year 2nd half (from a Liverpool fan).
Nice one, cheers.

You have shown the way

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
City are a gutless team of mercenaries.

They've got bags of quality but an abysmal mentality. You can't buy that.

Shame for the league no one challenged them properly and put them under pressure before.

Man of the Match

Paul Pogba image Paul Pogba 78% of 868 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 554 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw