PL W FA Premier League

Manchester City 1:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 07 December 2019

ReallyUSA

I have my girl mad because we were supposed to travel in the morning but i had to see it on the 55. Come on United

youngrell

So glad we didn’t rue those missed chances in the first half, what a performance from the team. Let’s kick on.

Siorac

Perhaps the best performance under Ole.
That first 30 minutes is as good as anyone played at the Etihad during Guardiola's reign. We could have scored four or five then.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Fantastic game. Should have kept a clean sheet and DeGea knows it. That should have been easily punched away. Other than that, great game. AWB was immense...

LDUred

Would be nice if some of the people calling for Ole's head would now give the man some credit.

That's two wins against seasoned managers that he has masterminded, and the football we played in the first 30 minutes would have had SAF purring.

Good to see him in the stands as well. So proud of us today.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Football, bloody hell.

The players celebrating with the away fans at the end, with Ole pointing to SAF smiling - it suddenly reminded me of why I love this game. Rashford is going to be a superstar, Fred has suddenly decided to be amazing, and AWB is a rock.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Might get some stick for this but there is just something so exhilarating when United play well in a big game like that.. perfect blend of directness, flair, possession without being overly tiki-taka. Edge of the seat stuff.. no other team quite captures that style when we do it well.

FutbolFan

Supports
Chelsea
Thoughts as a neutral -

1. Utd scouting team deserve huge credit. James is a proper top notch player.

2. Work ethic was right there in the entire team. Fred was a standout for me.

3. Walker with a few rugby tackles could have been off.

4. None of the handball shouts had a lot of merit.

Utd us Robin Hood team of the league so far but this win should give you guys a ton of confidence to kick on and challenge for top 4

Reactions: SteveJ

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Performance of warriors. Everybody deserves at least 8/10 from me.

Wittmann45

I am more confident with United playing against a traditional top 6 team than I am when they play against a bottom half team. :lol:

Great tactics, the front three exposed City's weaknesses

Gasolin

Ole's reign feels a bit like van Gaal's when you had terrific results against top six opposition, but watching us play against mid-table teams makes you want to gouge your eyes out.
No I think those things will change very soon with momentum. Just momentum. And also Scott coming in and helping Fred to be better.

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley
Dan James and Wan Bissaka were like a couple of ratting dogs this evening.

Starting to really, really like Dan James.

Bondi77

First half of counter attacking football that was reminiscent of the glory days and we should have been out of sight and then a second half of defensive work that Rio and Vida would have been proud of.
Great work Ole!

Reactions: SteveJ

Denis79

We could have easily been up by 4 in the first half. The second we let them have a go at us. Fantastic game, great defending and Wan-Bissaka was phenomenal in the defence.

Gasolin

Is Fred actually turning into a player? I think he is. He’s getting better and better
Scott is helping him. This duo is working. Pogba comes back as a 10 and things will take another turn, again. For the best.

stu_1992

What a result! I don't think I enjoyed a first half like that in a long time. Great away performance against another big club. The second half was pure stress, I had hoped we'd be able to take the game to them more so we wouldn't be under constant pressure, but it's understandable. Thankfully we held out even after their goal to get the win. 2 great results back to back now. Let's get a few fecking more!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
This is why Ole needs to stay. We've shown some flashes this season, and with more quality coming in the consistency will come as as well.
that’s the challenge for Ole and this team.
Look we’ve said that he looks out of his depth and at times he has. But it’s the quality that he has at his disposal that has let us down in the defeats. That’s not on him. That’s on Woodward and the board

Siorac

No I think those things will change very soon with momentum. Just momentum. And also Scott coming in and helping Fred to be better.
Well it's not just momentum: our forward line is very well suited to hit opponents on the break but there's not a lot of guile and creativity to break a bus down, and the midfield, especially without Pogba, doesn't really supply that either. And our full-backs are not great in attack.

NecssryEvil

Hate to White Knight but brilliant win tainted by racism by a few idiots. Not only the one(s) doing it, the ones seeing/hearing it and doing nothing. Disgusting.

great game by pretty much the whole team, give em all MOM

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Two fantastic wins. Brilliant from both manager and the "boys".

And that end was just something else. The away end with players, Ole pointing at the badge, Fergie smiling. That's what it is all about and was worth waiting.

Keep driving Ole, you deserved more patience.

Gasolin

First half of counter attacking football that was reminiscent of the glory days and we should have been out of sight and then a second half of defensive work that Rio and Vida would have been proud of.
Great work Ole!
It's direct football, not counter attacking. We just play direct to force the opposition to think fast and make mistakes.

OT1214

Ed’s got to back up Ole in the transfer window. Few more quality players will elevate this team. Well done Ole. Buzzing!!

Gasolin

Well it's not just momentum: our forward line is very well suited to hit opponents on the break but there's not a lot of guile and creativity to break a bus down, and the midfield, especially without Pogba, doesn't really supply that either. And our full-backs are not great in attack.
Look at the goal of Martial then. Nobody is moving, it's not a fast line, but it's still a goal when you see opportunity. It's not really a matter of pace, we just play direct and quick, which is good because it gives less time to think for the defensive team.

Superunknown

So many great performances from our team. Dan James and AWB didn't stop working or running for the entire game. This type of game really suits AWB as he was made to do a lot of the strongest side of his game: defending. Their wingers gained so little from his side of the pitch.

The first half was awesome. Could have scored 5 on another day. I knew we had a real chance today when Rashford hit the bar and tonally we just got it so right in the first half. We pushed our luck right to the limit in the second half and really took the p*ss with time-wasting, but the result matters most!

I didn't see that result coming at all. My brother did: he put 20 quid on us at 8/1. It was a professional performance; we should have been four or five up by half time; then second half we were resolute and disciplined. I thought the first half was the best we've played under Ole, displaying excellent movement and incisive attacking. I've slated Fred many times, but he was very good today - well done to him. I thought Lindelof and Maguire did very well at the back and both full backs excellent.

We have to be very happy with that.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Have said it many times - there is no place for him in this team. If we are to do something big, we need hardworkers, not instastars.
Can’t agree. He was very good before the injury.
We need quality in that midfield, he can provide it for this team.
It’s about the benefit of the team going forward not about who fans like and what they summise

Amarsdd

It's direct football, not counter attacking. We just play direct to force the opposition to think fast and make mistakes.
yeah, thats the correct term to use. That's why we force so many penalties.

Man of the Match

Aaron Wan-Bissaka image Aaron Wan-Bissaka 50% of 531 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 513 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw