PL L FA Premier League

Newcastle United 1:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 06 October 2019

MrBest

15 pts below the leaders and only 2 pts above the relegation teams , the table does not lie and it certainly is not lying here , we deserve to be where we are. This is a not a blip in form , this is us now.

We have spent over 900 million since Fergie left and look what we have done with it.
It lies. We should be lower

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
As much as I respect Pochetino's work, I think we should not go for him (yet). He looks burned out. He should take some time out. Let's go for an Allegri or anyone else that is fresh. But frankly, I am convinced that just changing managers won't solve our problem. We have deeper issues.
I actually agree somewhat. However, I rather go with Wenger. Get our lads some proper coaching and playing good football.

Marooned

As long as the club is financially successful no meaningful change will come.

AFC NimbleThumb

Why do some still devoid Ole of any blame for our situation, look at the team today.

Ole brought Maguire and James.

he shipped out smalling and pushed axel further up as a starter in the team.

He wasted 40 million on Bissaka when we could have brought trippier and tierney for the same combined fee instead.

mctominay is one of his favourites.

He shifted fellaini out whilst giving games to Pereira last season and this season.

He dumped lukaku as our main striker in favour of rashford as the number 9.

Wouldnt give Herrera a 200,000 contract but it was ok to give rashford one for more money.

Kept favouring bloody lingard over and over again and would have been in the side had he been fit like always.

Plays a formation that does the team no favours with our best player pogba constantly playing way too deep this season.

Was happy getting rid of lukaku because he believed we had great potential to replace him.
Say it louder for those at the back.

OgS is not entirely to blame but he is complicit in this.

He exclaimed his happiness with the squad, he has to be judged by the performances.

MAME DIOUF 32

What worries me is that I don't think anyone underperformed today. They all have the performance I've come to expect from them. They're all shit.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
The worst part about that game, was the amount of times our players couldn't even Control a five yard pass.
The basics are proving to be too much for some, which offer zero hope for the future.
Glazers out, start from the top and work down from there please.

Devil may care

Will someone please think of the dominatrix's in Manchester? Ole is doing them out of a lot of money dishing out free pain and humiliation every week.

Gordon S

Dear god, we can't even look half decent against Newcastle:annoyed:
Were we this bad 88-89?

LoneStar

Maybe I am being optimistic, but I think we'll sack the manager during the international break.

Andersons Dietician

Excluding the defenders I probably would have made McT man of the match but he was awful so not sure what that says for the rest of them.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Simon Jordan is tearing into Ed Woodward that he thought Ole was the right man for the job, to be fair he has said it right from the start.

Ace of Spades

Why do some still devoid Ole of any blame for our situation, look at the team today.

Ole brought Maguire and James.

he shipped out smalling and pushed axel further up as a starter in the team.

He wasted 40 million on Bissaka when we could have brought trippier and tierney for the same combined fee instead.

mctominay is one of his favourites.

He shifted fellaini out whilst giving games to Pereira last season and this season.

He dumped lukaku as our main striker in favour of rashford as the number 9.

Wouldnt give Herrera a 200,000 contract but it was ok to give rashford one for more money.

Kept favouring bloody lingard over and over again and would have been in the side had he been fit like always.

Plays a formation that does the team no favours with our best player pogba constantly playing way too deep this season.

Was happy getting rid of lukaku because he believed we had great potential to replace him.
None of those are bad decisions. Lukaku wanted to leave himself, the guy was basically on strike, and even refused to report back to the club.

Make no mistake, Woodward is a huge problem, and even with a new manager, if this cnut is still in charge, we will see more of the same.

Hampshire Rec

Abysmal performance from an abysmal team, I just don’t see anything positive.

Ole has no clue, no plan b, and does not seem to have any authority.

But unless we make a change soon we will certainly be in a relegation dog fight for sure

DomesticTadpole

Day by day we're looking more and more like Northern Korea. We even play like their fecking NT.
It is. They know precisely what they will get and are sticking up for Ole to the end. It is all the players fault, never Ole's and they dare not criticise the board.

RG 11

Ole has gone full Moyes. Kept repeating that players worked hard / worked their socks off.

I didn't see any kind of working hard by the team....

Keeps saying injuries are no excuse but gives them as an excuse immediately. Don't see any fire in his belly. He seems to be happy with whatever we put out .

Joseunited

Worst United side I can remember watching.Sorry Ole but you don't know what you're doing.
I'm seriously worried because we are well and truly in a relegation fight.

How far have we fallen, second best to a poor Newcastle side, we never looked like winning/scoring even.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
It wasn't even one of our worst performances this season. Yes we were poor and listless for long periods but we made a couple of chances and Maguire should have scored from that Young corner.

The truth of it is we've gone to Newcastle, put in a pretty poor display and come out on the losing end of a fairly even match. The remarkable thing is how unremarkable it is to see United going through the motions like this. It's like the section of Groundhog Day where Bill Murray can't face the monotony and inevitability of his lot and decides to find increasingly creative ways of killing himself day after day.

Champagne Football

Tuanzebe is an upgrade on Lindelof. That was the only positive today.

Ole put all his eggs in one basket and banked on Andreas Pereira suddenly becoming Pirlo this season. It has failed spectacularly.

I've been saying if he persists with Mata and Pereira then he won't last long.

Today was an unforgivable result too far where I can not back Ole anymore.

We don't create chances ever in any match.

matt23

You've actually seen the latest spurs results right?

They actually are in worse shape than we are. I think.
Agree Spurs are a mess at the moment but right now we need Poch to do what he did over the last 6 years at Spurs. To coach average players into a system that breeds confidence.

fps

There were some good crosses today. A good striker would have turned them into shots on target/ goals by making the runs the crossers clearly wanted.

This wasn't one of them. Young went aerial towards Mata more than once. Brainless.

Jonno

The worst thing is, we could all see this result coming a mile off. I used to prefer it when there’d be an upset and a shock to us losing to relegation fodder, this season I genuinely expected Newcastle to win or draw.

AFC NimbleThumb

Waiting with baited breath for the OgS post match interview.

What cliche will he pull out his a** now.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Excluding the defenders I probably would have made McT man of the match but he was awful so not sure what that says for the rest of them.
at least he looks like he's trying: if you put two or three world-class players next to him, he'd do a good job as the likes of Milner, Henderson do at liverpol and darren fletch and nicky butt did for us

Red00012

The same year Liverpool will win the league we will finish bottom half of the table.

DomesticTadpole

There's a guy on Talksport who cannot seem to grasp why the form dropped off after Ole got the job. He is sniping at the players. New manager bounce sonny, ever heard of that.

Schmeichel=God

We came second just two seasons ago (yes, just TWO seasons ago. Thi k about that for a second) and instead of us backing the manager that dragged us there with everything we've got to make a push for the title, Mr. Woodward and the Board decided they know more than the man who has won it all, fired him, hired a rookie club legend, fail to back him fully, sold/loaned off two of our attackers without replacing them, left a talisman who wants out, sold two of our midfielders without replacing them, etc. That's basically how we got here.
Not seen it put more succinctly than this.

Alexit

Waiting to hear the Ole enthusiasts excuse for this nonsense. Dude is as clueless as they come.

Now I understand why Fred wasn't getting much game time under José and even Ole Dude is dreadful

UnitedChampionsAgain

Shambolic! Yet again we were hopeless and it will only continue. Our only bright spark (James) has now been dragged down by the rest of them. Solskjaer you tried but your time's up son.

Player Ratings

3.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 473 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Newcastle win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 16% Newcastle 0:1 Man Utd
  • 16% Newcastle 1:1 Man Utd