PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 4:1 Newcastle United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 11 September 2021

Rustyspider13

Beautiful day, beautiful game, beautiful goals. Ronaldo doing what he does, classic Bruno with some magic after missing his passing radar all match and Jesse with the cherry on top. Pogba was fantastic today, really put himself about. If we could combine Matic with one of Fred or McTominay's stamina, we'd be unstoppable. But that's for the future, for now, it's Viva Ronaldo.

jackal&hyde

This Rolando fella we picked out of obscurity seems like he could be useful.
He is decent isn't he?

Very good game. Very happy for Lingard too. Seems like we made a decision to go with Lingard rather then James and if he keeps this level of play, we are spoilt for choice in attack.

Kevzter

CR7... Old but not cold. Whole team looking more vigorous today. Good to see Jlings finally pulling up his socks. Looking like the Fear Factor is back at Old Trafford. Back in business boys...another masterclass by Ole.

Ivor Ballokov

Ronaldo only scores tap ins
Decent penalty by Bruno
Donny looked a bit tired out there
Varane struggled on the ball, lacks composure

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Old Trafford was loud from start to finish. You love to hear it.

drunkmonkmeth

Supports
Toronto FC!
the cherry on the top for me today was lingard grabbing his goal.. people who say he isnt good enough to be involved in this side are dumb as feck and i hope keep proves them all wrong this season.

Kaos

Watching an all time returning great score on his first game back, the stuff of dreams :drool:

Ronaldo was good too.

Red Star One

We have Ronaldo, Bruno and Pogba that are three players that would make it to any team in the world. Unreal amount of talent and pleasure to see us play. So many United lads in this team too that it’s truly brilliant.

GMoore23

We've waited 15 years for it but finally, Ronaldo and Messe on the same side.

Marcus

Fantastic result. Sancho has showed signs of improvement, Ronaldo was awesome, but I want to recognise Varane especially. World class defender.

Godfather

I'm still hard from that. Really couldn't have gone any better. What a game. Love Ronnie, this club and you all

moxdevil

It'll do. Pace of our play was too slow for much of the game, especially first half. After the 2nd goal seemed to find our rhythm a bit more.

Superunknown

Really enjoyed that. Ronaldo will get the attention, and rightfully so. But, there were some really good and fun moments throughout that match. The fourth goal was tasty, Bruno's goal was great on the eyes, and I loved Ronaldo's movement for his two. I'd take another 90 if I had the chance.

Ibi Dreams

Awesome entertainment, silly levels of attacking talent at our disposal.

Concerning as ever how easy it is to break against us at times, but that's almost inevitable if we're going to try and squeeze these attackers into the side. Let's just keep outscoring folk!
Newcastle were so deep, Matic was basically camped outside their box for parts of the game. Playing like that you're always susceptible to a fortunate counter. I don't think we did too badly on that front, outside the goal we conceded they didn't really make much with their breaks.

VivaJesperBlomqvist

Tears… absolute tears

Fantastic performance from Pogba, Shaw and Bruno too. Maguire looked fantastic with Varane. AWB was solid and secure. Matic had a great first half. Sancho with some nice plays and touches (give him time). Jesse Lingard showing that he might deserve a run after his WH and England displays on top of that finish.

This is great.

MiceOnMeth

we're gonna win the league. And if not we'll still win the most goals scored by two Portuguese players in a single season trophy!

Winrar

CR7's celebration and the crowd going SIIIUUUU

...it still feels so damn surreal.

Man of the Match

Cristiano Ronaldo image Cristiano Ronaldo 84% of 426 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 431 ratings.

Score Predictions