PL W FA Premier League

Norwich City 1:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 27 October 2019

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Having a proper #9 as a reference point for the attack does wonders. The interplay between Rashford and Martial was brilliant and promising, now lets hope both stay fit.

Kopral Jono

Comfortably the best we've played this season, drubbing of Chelsea included. Front three and McTominay very impressive.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Very very happy! The lads made a huge effort I thought. 3 points well needed and hopefully it gives the players confidence.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
7th place all of a sudden with some fairly decent fixtures coming up. With Martial back we have another goal threat and we look much better. Martial looked a bit rusty at times so give it another few weeks before he's fully back up to speed imo.

McTominay and Rashford were excellent.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Bournemouth, Brighton, and Sheffield to come throughout November, so let's see what happens....

stu_1992

Two away wins in a row! And three whole goals too! It was nice to watch a game and he entertained. Felt like too long. I'm not going to make some stupid claim like we're back or anything like that as some people may do. I always thought this was a game that would suit us as they are quite open. Against a more defensive team its likely we'd still have struggled. But I enjoyed it for what it is.

All three goals were very nice in their own right. Nice to see our strikers actually score. Poor by McTominay to give away the ball like that for the Norwich goal. That and the penalties are the main disappointments of course. Other than that, no complaints. Nice win.

redom

Happy with that, could've been a lot better too. Martial made a huge difference by having a focal point to the attack and it allowed Rashford to play in his best position.

We have to build on that though, no good it being a one off so I expect the same next match, no excuses.

Untd55

Good performance overall. Still too much sloppiness at times in the team, though, that other teams would take advantage out of. Finishing needs working on, particularly penalties; McTominay and Fred need to stop giving away possession stupidly. It cost us a goal, again.

I didn't like the way we dropped off at the end when we should have taken advantage of them being down to 10 men, essentially.

I actually felt James was the best player on the pitch, albeit he did dive for the penalty.

bondsname

A game won, well deserved. I thought everyone played well.

Hats off to Krul, what a performance.

Enigma_87

You know who
Good game finally. For all those who say we aren't ruthless enough, we had problems scoring more than 1 up until today. It will come hopefully.
We were I thought. We took our chances. The difference is that we created a lot and people aren't really used to that. :lol:

Jazz

Have to say Garner is so composed. Just kept things ticking over nicely there. No fuss.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Lingard look bright when he came on but I'm really not sold on Fred.

MacabbiUnited

Supports
Maccabi Tel Aviv - Israel
Fun game. Doesnt say much since Norwich are sh*t. But nice to win a game comfortably

slored1

Finally a good away game. A shame we can't play like that regularly, thought Norwich were atrocious though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Up to 7th after that, that's one heck of a leap up the table with ONE win!

AndyMUFC

Very well played and much needed. Martial being back makes a huge difference not just because of his quality but it also allows us to stop playing Pereira out wide and relying on Rashford as an out and out goalscorer.

Hopefully we can go on a bit of run now.

eire-red

First game in a loooooong time where there are so many positives to take from a game. Dominated the first half and should have been out of sight. Second half was frustrating at times, but still should have grabbed another couple of goals. First time in forever we looked lethal in attack.

Bar Norwich's goal, McTominay was excellent. As was James and Martial and Rashford had some moments of real quality for their 2 goals, what we have been sorely missing. Pogba and Shaw also to come back soon hopefully, and we're looking much better.

Also, Garner looks like a baller. I know probably not fair to judge him 3-0 up against Norwich when the midfield consisted of an injured CB and their midfielder who had also taken a knock, but the composure and talent is there.

Surely we have to build from this, or is this just another false dawn like many before?

Alemar

Good performance, abundance of chances. Two penalties missed need to be addressed in training.

All three substitutes did well (yes, Lingard too - this time). Garner in particular showed maturity and ball control, whereas Greenwood had an opportunity to score (saved by Krul).

meamth

"Oh, Martial scored?, take him off Carrick, wrap him up"

Martial returning is when we play the best attacking football.

Great stuff.

Untd55

Oh no what are the Ole haters going to do now? I’m sure they will find something to moan about.
These posts make no sense. A single result against Norwich is not going change people's opinions on a diabolical period. There needs to be a lot more improvement before we can say that a corner has been turned.

It was a good performance, but remember that we played terribly against Partizan just last Thursday. It is a positive performance, but a lot more is needed.

Haven't seen us play with that much urgency, and dare I say it, anger in some time. The players looked like they had a point to prove and they bossed that game. McTominay took charge of midfield like a leader. One sloppy moment ruined our clean sheet though.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
A deserved win, but a result we should be getting. Nice to see some form of expected result for a change.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Kind of performance we should be dishing out to such teams, when we have a full team. Excellent, aside from our finishing which has been an issue all issue.

McT, James were very good, Fred AWB were good. Martial and Rashford showed glimpses.

Am happy with the performance and result but we missed a real opportunity for a morale boosting thrashing, which is what it should have been.

always_hoping

Good win and performance. It should have been a 6-0 win truth to be know. Norwich very lucky to lose just 3-1. McTom error on the goal disappointing as was two penalty misses but that's two away wins in a row at a time when we didn't know where the next win was coming from.

Up to 7th now just 3 points off 5th that looks much better than talk and worry of relegation.

Superunknown

Actually quite an enjoyable performance. We looked much more comfortable creating chances with Martial on the field. McTominay was class and was unfortunate at the end with Norwich's goal. The build up play that led to our third goal was probably the most enjoyable football we've played all season.

Happy with that! A comfortable win away from home and with some better attacking football.

Our penalty misses are quite concerning, however. What would have happened had we been awarded a third one?!

Jazz

Having a proper #9 as a reference point for the attack does wonders. The interplay between Rashford and Martial was brilliant and promising, now lets hope both stay fit.
We need those two to build a good partnership. Let's hope they keep going for the upcoming games.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
3-1 is ridiculous. That should have been a 7-0 win. We are not there yet.

Otherwise, it's great to be watching Martial FC again

Devil may care

Shocking performance......but not in the usual way, that was actually decent, the movement in attack was better, we created some chances, scored 3 quality goals and looked much more in sync. The goal we conceded was sloppy and the 2 penalty misses were poor, but McTominay, Martial and Rashford overall had good games.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Oh no what are the Ole haters going to do now? I’m sure they will find something to moan about.
Not a "hater" as believing he's been rubbish is only logical. But he and the team did well today. Kudos to the manager and players. Need to produce tgus regularly and further improve.

Suprised you didn't go after the squad "haters"? The poor hand squad surely deserves some credit too?

Adcuth

That'll do, could have been a couple more but a win is a win. 3 goals scored, should have kept a clean sheet but the points are in the bag

Man of the Match

Scott McTominay image Scott McTominay 48% of 570 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 393 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Norwich win
  • Draw