PL W FA Premier League

Norwich City 1:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 27 October 2019

Mr Chutney

Mango Mango Man
How bad was Greenwood :lol: literally everything he attempted he either ended up on his arse, getting put on his arse or was about 20 mins behind the play.

Hope he forgets that one quick :nervous:

soralapio

Wan-Bissaka was immense, what a player he's turned out to be!

Ashley Young on the other hand... I'm really hoping they forget to bring him on the bus.

Alemar

Need to admit, it was at least a 9/10 performance by Tim Krul, if not better.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Missed the game today, did we play 352 or 433?

BaneIsPain

Krul showing his penalty stopper skill.
We did so much better although the goal concede is due to lack of concentration which is common theme for us.

Jaonz

Finally a proper flow in our attacking movement after a while. But getting complecent in last 10 minutes. Rashford is a different beast today with Martial present. MOTM.

BigLebowski007

Good result and some nice attacking play. But let's not get carried away, it was only Norwich. If we repeat such performance and result in Bournemouth then we can finally start getting more optimistic.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Good performance from the boys.

Obviously the penalty situation was frustrating as well as conceding a late goal like that, but I'm sure McTominay will learn from his mistake.

On to the next one and let's try to build some momentum.

Bulldog United

Good to see us build on that performance against Liverpool last week. I said if showed the same attitude today we’d win comfortably, and we did. Very enjoyable game and hopefully will give us some rest bite from all the misery for a few days :)

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Played with pace and fewer touches on the ball. Simples!

Red_Aaron

much more like it.
still a bit too much reluctance to play the final pass prior to the first goal but that settled us down and we really should've had 6+ by the end.

McT was very good, won a lot of ball and comitted only 1 foul i think? should've brought hernandez down after getting caught out but no harm done and he'll learn from that. I'd probably go Rashford for the MOTM, got a goal and an assist but i was also impressed with how many flick ons he won second half - if he and martial are going to pay in a two this could be a real weapon for them.

We need to keep this momentum going now, we've lost too much ground to take any steps back for a while. Bournemouth will be a tougher test but they will give up chances so the game is there for us.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Best we have played in a long time. We score 3 and Krul was still the man of the match. But I was disappointed with the end. Right before Norwich scored we were just passing the ball around with no urgency. It's like we expected Norwich to just sit back and give up. We should be trying to score more. It was an uncharacteristic mistake by McTominay that lead to the goal, but he was still man of the match despite that. But we have to kill these games off. We should have had at least 5 this game, never mind the missed penalties and Greenwood should have sealed it at the end. With that being said, this is more like what I want to see and hopefully this kickstarts us into gear with a favourable schedule for the next few in November before we play Tottenham and City back to back...

RedMilo

Really enjoyed that!! McSauce was MOTM by a long way, the lad gave as good a midfield performance as Ive seen at the club since Carrick retired, just a shame about their goal but hey mistakes happen.. Martial back changes the dynamic to our attack and clearly lifts the team. Looking forward to Chelsea midweek, and hope to see more of Williams, Garner, Greenwood, mixed with some senior lads.

redshaw

Good win with decent attacking intent. Martial back helps a lot.

Said before the game the lads will try to play and create for Ole and went for 2-0 over a 3-1 predication.

With Pereira in the middle it was more like a sneaky 4-3-3

Smores

Cautious optimism, they are/were terrible but we played decent (apart from last 20) so let's see if we follow it up next game.

Some easy fixtures now so hopefully start to beat these type of teams and move up the table.

Alemar

What was interesting - Pereira took all the corners. Not that we scored from any, but finally Young is off them.

Heinzesight

Such a shame for McT but he’s getting better every game. He has that natural ability to not have to touch the ball but uses his body to create space.

Rashford’s flick and Martial’s finish were :cool: as feck.

Need to work on our mentality when we concede. Go to pieces.

Gandalf

Absolutely loved it until the last 15 minutes. Not going to complain but I would just tell our lads to watch Leicester v Southampton for a lesson on how to be ruthless when in control. Goal difference matters, just ask the dippers.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Garner impressed me in brief spell, mid 3 of him, pogba and mctom please, no Fred or matic.

b82REZ

Very good performance.

We need to have these sort of performances for a sustained period for me to start believing that this is more than yet another false dawn.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
So disappointed about the missed penalties.
Who will be taking charge of the next one?!

mu4c_20le

Good win with decent attacking intent. Martial back helps a lot.

Said before the game the lads will try to play and create for Ole and went for 2-0 over a 3-1 predication.

With Pereira in the middle it was more like a sneaky 4-3-3
It was a 4231 with Pereira doing a job similar to Mason Mount for Lampard, which I thought he did very well in the first half. Rashford was wide left, and then they started switching around in the second half.

CallyRed

Nice to score more than 1 goal and actually create chances. Forgotten what that felt like.

MrBest

Happy to win the next three 3 1 than 1 0. I didnt watch the game but looks like we played much better. 21 shots i see, hopefully some confidence.

Man of the Match

Scott McTominay image Scott McTominay 48% of 570 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 393 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Norwich win
  • Draw