PL W FA Premier League

Norwich City 0:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 11 December 2021

croadyman

Pleased with the result, however Ralf will not be happy with how many chances we gave up in this game. Thought we would have built on the Palace performance.

Nordmore

Ronaldo was the worst player on the pitch. I lost count of how many times he lost the ball. Our play was super disjointed because of him. Missed two clear cut chances especially the one from Rashford. How the feck could he missed that. If not for that lad Aarons' brainfart he's simply a disaster tonight.

Rashford was really lively and actually the only one who made Norwich defenders' life difficult. Bruno was the second worst player on the pitch. McT and Fred did their job, McT was pretty good today won a lot of balls. DDG MOTM. We won but tbh it's a really tough watch.

Yakuza_devils

DDG has been on top form this season.

But some in this forum say we need a "modern GK" and Henderson is better suited to modern game and hence should play ahead of DDG. :nervous:

RedDevil-85

Dreadful performance.
Rashford should never had started,been poor for weeks now and should be benched.
Shocking to see him start and finish the game playing like that.
Abysmal.

3 points thanks to a pen and De Gea masterclass.

wolvored

Playing devils advocate. Look how Dean Smith has them playing and he hasnt been there a month. I hope RR can have us improve loads after a month. It can be done.

Lee565

Only positive is another clean sheet.

Bruno can not work in this formation with his lack of positional discipline and tactically he is too much of a maverick that wants to do his own thing to work in RR system.

ash_86

Norwich players were pressing and hunting in packs.
The moment a MUFC player had the ball, he'd get tackled by a yellow shirt and they'd attack our goal.
Right, what changed in our strategy between Palace and this? We were great in winning ball back against palace, players got a whole week to prepare and we look worse off a week later. Cannot understand any of this.

hobbers

Dont think I've seen a worse performance from our strikers than Rashford and Ronaldo today. Rashford especially.

Rashford and Bruno have to be taken out for a while. The team cannot be carrying them every game through christmas.

LazyGoal

Never a penalty.

We really need Varane back. And we really need Shaw back in form. And we really need Cavani back on.

Ronaldo is not working for us. Yes, goals — but not working for our flow and our overall play.

Glad Pogba was out, we would have lost with him in there.

DeGea for some reason saves us 3 points.

Whatever the manager. None of the Norwich players would make it into our XI. Still they where the better team in such a way it should not be possible.

What is going on this season?

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ronaldo was the worst player on the pitch. I lost count of how many times he lost the ball. Our play was super disjointed because of him. Missed two clear cut chances especially the one from Rashford. How the feck could he missed that. If not for that lad Aarons' brainfart he's simply a disaster tonight.

Rashford was really lively and actually the only one who made Norwich defenders' life difficult. Bruno is the second worst player on the pitch. McT and Fred did their job, McT was pretty good today won a lot of balls. DDG MOTM. We won but tbh it's a really tough watch.
The one where Rashford played it behind him? Don't think you blame Ronaldo for a poor ball.
Rashford wasn't good at all, constantly messed up good attacking positions. Don't think Ronaldo was too much better but definitely not worse.

r1z3mu

Plus
Clean sheet
Win
DeGea - great
Dalot and Telles - good
McFred - Good or not bad (your choice)

Minus
Bad - Ronaldo, Fernandes, Rashford - all equally bad
Ralf - kept above trio for 90 minutes

CloneMC16

Playing devils advocate. Look how Dean Smith has them playing and he hasnt been there a month. I hope RR can have us improve loads after a month. It can be done.
Yeah, they played really well today. He's got them looking much better. His team just didn't have the quality to punish us. I'm sure RR will get more out of us in due time.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Watched a lot of football today. Every game decided by penalties. Its not a great look for this sport.

We were poor today. Very poor. I'm sure the narrative will centre around the change in formation and approach, but ultimately we're watching a team that aren't actually very good. Basic mistakes that have cost us for a few seasons now.

Happy with 3 points. It was an ugly 3 points, but we move on and have hope that the new instructions will click and we'll start looking like a proper team. I'm not confident though

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Watched a lot of football today. Every game decided by penalties. Its not a great look for this sport.

We were poor today. Very poor. I'm sure the narrative will centre around the change in formation and approach, but ultimately we're watching a team that aren't actually very good. Basic mistakes that have cost us for a few seasons now.

Happy with 3 points. It was an ugly 3 points, but we move on and have hope that the new instructions will click and we'll start looking like a proper team. I'm not confident though
Most pessimistic post I’ve seen from you after a win. Wonder what’s changed…

Wilt

Disappointing performances …notably Rashford (amongst others).

On the plus side …3 points, clean sheet, Ronaldo pressure penalty, De Gea MOM.

Amira

Dont think I've seen a worse performance from our strikers than Rashford and Ronaldo today. Rashford especially.

Rashford and Bruno have to be taken out for a while. The team cannot be carrying them every game through christmas.
Well said. We need to start picking players on form. Nobody should be undroppable, even if only for a game or two.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Everyone who thought we would do a Chelsea and become super pressers inside a month. It's going to take a lot longer and we will lose a game or five.

paulscholes18

Not to be that “that guy” but no improvement from Solskjaer, despite what people want to see.
This is a joke right? You see no difference in performance from tonight and vs Palace to the performances vs Liverpool, City and Watford?

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Skys combo of Redknapp and Dublin is about as anti-United as you can get

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
When DeGea is man of the match against the side that is bottom of the league ya know we have serious problems. Spare a thought for the lads having to do a 1 hour podcast about that awful game.

Nordmore

The one where Rashford played it behind him? Don't think you blame Ronaldo for a poor ball.
Rashford wasn't good at all, constantly messed up good attacking positions. Don't think Ronaldo was too much better but definitely not worse.
Come on it was not a poor ball. It's not perfect but any good striker should be able to bury that chance. He wasn't even marked. Watch it again and you'd see.

Tbh I don't get the harsh comments for Rashford this match. He was really lively and was actually the only one managed to dribble past a Norwich defender, several times. Especially the one by the end of the match when he dribbled past a Norwich defender then pass to Ronaldo.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Nice to see Dean Smith crying about the penalty and the refereeing decisions :lol:

RuudTom83

The attackers are having to switch from the counter attack hollywood moments to a more controlled game.

They were a bit shit today but its understandable and considering its GAME 2 under a new manager its nothing to get to down about.

Man of the Match

David de Gea image David de Gea 86% of 347 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 318 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Norwich win
  • Draw