CL W Champions League Group H

Paris St Germain 1:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Tue, 20 October 2020

Skåre Willoch

Get In!!! :devil::drool:

Great game. Phenomenal performance by more than a few players. Great tactical approach by Ole and the coaching team.

Oh, how good it feels to be back in the Champions League.

DevilRed

Starting to find some form and confidence.

amazing showings by Fred, Mctominay, DDG. But the star was Tuanzebe. Looks so natural defending against the best attack in Europe. Never rushed. Never showed fear. Never gave an inch to mbappe or neymar.

Have been waiting for axel to come back. He could very well be the difference maker in the back line next to maguire. We are looking at a very special centreback who has been stopped only by injury. I’m glad we didn’t go and sign another CB this summer. Let Axel get his shot

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Fantastic. How Spurs and then that can happen within the space of a few games is mental though.

eire-red

It's not the first 'big game' we've won, but this is the first time we've won by playing football, and going toe to toe with a top team.

We were the better team tactically, defensively and at controlling the game. Brilliant stuff.

Superunknown

Maybe a hyperbole but Tuanzebe is our best defender.

Fred, AWB, McTominay, Pogba when he came on, DDG, Shaw... all very good. Martial was very disappointing.
I agree with all of that. Martial looked easily a level or two below everyone else. He's so frustrating.

Amazing performance. Really couldn't call this beforehand, but am so delighted with that performance and result.

Intheflatfield

Supports
The mighty Red Devils
Fantastic result. Listened to the live commentary on R5L and sounds like the lads played well.. Let's keep it going.

RedCurry

Proud of these boys today. Apart from one of two early half chances, PSG was never in the game at all.

MonkeysMagic

Excellent performance and result. Dont buy the argument the comm were making repeatedly at how poor PSG were, our tactics nullified them.

For his first game since Dec, Tuanzebe put in a MOTM performance for me, practically owned Mbappe. Fingers crossed, he stays injury free. The lad deserved to. Onwards and upwards.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
I feel like we needed to see more slow-motion shots of Neymar looking sad.

pav1790

Seeing as this was a good performance, I expect that at least this discussion will go half as long as some of our losses. Plenty of good to talk about. With some bad - which as ole in it’s only my duty to point out. Team still lacks confidence. Martial needs more time to get back to his best. Bruno’s two penalty misses are a bit worrying.

But these are mere nitpicks. Enjoy the win lads. I’ll open a beer with you lot. Never too early for this sort of performance.

always_hoping

One of Uniteds best ever away performances in Europe. PSG weren't poor they were made look poor.

I haven't said this for a while but United was outstanding in defence and Ole deserves huge praise tonight as he got his line up and tactics spot on. What a goal by Rashford to win. Welcome back to the Champions league style.

kettledrumhamster

Everyone was brilliant except Rashford and Martial, but Rashford gets a pass for the goal.

Word for Lindelof, Shaw and Fred who never seem to get any credit no matter what they do but they were all great tonight - Fred MOTM

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Many questions answered in this game about:
- Fred and McTominay midfield
- Telles
- Shaw as LCB

Some new questions:
- Tuanzebe looks decent
- this formation in difficult away games, or maybe even as a default?

PSG were shit, but so was Rashford. If we had Mbappe we would've scored 5. Great team effort overall (strikers aside).

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Fantastic performance. So many wows throughout the match. Also the new kit looks ace.

Suvvernmanc

That was a real treat when you think how the PL has started.

Unbelievable team, and individual performances. Lindelof tracked every runner. Telles whipping some great crosses in. The midfield trio of Fred, Scott and Bruno was unbelievable tonight. The pressing, the interceptions, the ball retention. Axle and big Dave were superb. Come on United!

big rons sovereign

Honestly thought we were gonna blow it with missing so many chances.
Missed the winner thanks to my boss calling and making ridiculous demands. Bellend. Martial drove me mad tonight, killed so many attacks.
Who'd want neymar? What a tosser.

saivet

Excellent performance from us. Big credit to Ole with the starting line up and he made the change at the right time which swung the game back in our favour after going under a bit of pressure.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Fred MOTM.

Rashford and Martial 6.5/10... some poor decision making which could have cost us.

Everyone else 9/10.

What a great performance. Ole got it bang on tactically. PSG were suicidal leaving all that space against our front 3.

We need Martial and Rashford to get their Mojo back though. But I have faith they will step up soon enough.
Martial yes. I think Rashford looks in very decent nick so far this season. I know he fluffed a couple of opportunities but he always looked dangerous and the goal shows he has that confidence.

Falcow

What a superb champions league performance.

Smart, hardworking, tactically astute. Really, really happy with that.
Couldnt agree more. Great performances all round. Fred the pick I thought.

Well done Ole and the lads.

dal

Progress points since we last played these.

- Balls were whipped into our forwards and they were trapped and held up beautifully.

- Our forwards have matured and there is immense calmness in there play.

- We now have the confidence and players and now the creativeness to go for the top teams. Credit to ole.

- The team have belief and at this level it’s imperative.

Mercurial

Had the correct scoreline on 1:2 to us, such rush this game! What an important win for us!!

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
We completely took Mbappé out of the game.

jesperjaap

It was a good team performance.

To be negative, it wasnt a superb performance, PSG were absolutely woeful by there standards and we were not as ruthless as we should have been.

On the positive side, someone I regularly slate and dont rate, Lindelof played very well and Tuanzabe for first game in a year was fantastic, showed great pace and reading of Mbappe several times. The whole defence was excellent and this was one of those games where you see the real worth of Bissaka who is wrongfully criticised. May not be the best all round right back in England but a game when you are against world class wide players like MBappe, I would have him over anybody else in the country without doubt as defensively one on one, not many better around....that is his value.

I also thought Fred and once he settled into the game McTominay just liek last time we played PSG worked there socks off closing down.

Again, lets not get carried away, PSG were really poor, but pleasin gto see some of the defensive performances and to see a couple of extra players getting game time in Telles and Tuanzabe. Thought Telles was pretty average but definatley adds a new dimension with those corners

FujiVice

So was the first 3 games purely a fitness issue? Because we looked fit and firing tonight.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I can’t lie. At HT I was a bit peeved at just how shit PSG were and we’d somehow to be deprived of all satisfaction of what should be a famous win. Tony made real hard work of it for us, but Rashford, Bruno, and him did cause problems all night. Really superb tonight and a great platform to go and qualify from the group now.

Also De Gea’s best game for a while.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
I think it says alot about how great the performance was when im a bit annoyed that we didn't score more.

Despite the awful OG the performance was brilliant we were the better team most of the game.

Player Ratings

7.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 523 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • PSG win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 14% PSG 3:1 Man Utd
  • 14% PSG 2:1 Man Utd