CL W Champions League Group H

Paris St Germain 1:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Tue, 20 October 2020

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ole masterclass. Tactics absolutely spot on. I was calling him negative before the game but i’m happy to admit I was wrong. What a performance. De Gea, AWB, Tuanzebe, Telles, Fred all marvellous. Bruno is a real leader. Shaw much better at LCB.

It wasn’t a hit & run like the 2019 game, we were the better team & couldn’t easily win 3 or 4-1.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Some who've had a real hammering on here of late really stepping up.

De Gea excellent after some intense criticism (fair criticism).

Shaw excellent after fair criticism.

Fred was fantastic!

AWB immense after some unfair digs.

McTominay brilliant after some piss poor comments on here. Shove that up your arse.

Fernandes has taken some recent stick n all.

Ole, spot on after constant calls for him to be fecked off. Hats off.

Great debut for Telles and cracking performance from Tuanzebe.

Rash should have scored earlier tbf but what a lovely strike. Getting back in the groove.

Dominos

Perfect team selection from the start, great subs, performances were fantastic. I actually think Martial and Rashford wastefulness stopped this from being a comfortable victory, obviously have to credit Rashford for the winner though, fantastic goal.

Don't mean to be greedy, but if you take away that ridiculous own goal and are more clinical on the counter attack, we could have been looking at 3 or 4-0 tonight. Got unlucky on a couple of set pieces too where we could have scored.

Really wish we made the most of the all the counter attacks we're presented with. The ones we do score from are fantastic, but there's so many times in each game where I'm baffled by a poor pass, poor shot or poor decision that messes up a very presentable counter.

Devil may care

Excellent performance, wasteful at times imo as we could have won more comfortably, we outworked them and tactically outmanouvered them, the back 3 and De Gea were superb and Fred was a pitbull in midfield.

The most pleasing aspect was Ole picked the right team and that meant leaving Pogba out again and dropping Mata despite his great performance against Newcastle, it was team over individuals and then the switch to 4-2-3-1 with Pogba on the left was fantastic from Ole. I'm buzzing from the performance and Ole's management as much as the win.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Telles is a gem. De Gea was man of the match, I can't believe he only got 30% of votes.

Great effort from the entire team, to be honest. And tactics were SPOT ON

Tormentor

To win against PSG in Paris was absolutely fantastic. Ole's lineup and tactic was a perfection and I have to give him a lot of credit.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I think it says alot about how great the performance was when im a bit annoyed that we didn't score more.

Despite the awful OG the performance was brilliant we were the better team most of the game.
The OG was forgivable- a lot to admire tonight. Everyone did themselves justice.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Manutd have now won 10 consecutive away games in all competitions for the first time in the club's history (source: Opta).
18 unbeaten away I think. 15 wins & 3 draws. Thats ridiculous really

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
10 pages for a great European win 1 hour after kick-off.

Would take 2 mins for 10 pages if we lost.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
That's not saying much though, is it?

It was a genuinely excellent performance though. A SAF team wouldn't have been any better.
Not saying much but I was using it to emphasise how we can hopefully use it as a spring board

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
From this into the first game of the World Series in a couple of hours. Hope the winning streak continues.

Rustyspider13

That night in Paris, Part Deux :D

Incredible performance by everyone involved. It just goes to show how we can never see the full picture from the outside looking in. Tuanzebe hadn't played for months yet the coaches were confident enough to put him up against Mbappe. He must've shown his quality in training and followed it up by showing it in the match.

Rest of the defense and midfield were top drawer, only the forwards were a bit lacking, could've easily won that 3-0. But Martial got the pen and Rashford got the winner so good on them.

Born2Lose

This is why Fred & McTominay work so well together; they cover so much of the pitch and keep the opposition in check no matter where the ball tends to go. They also do a good job of winning the ball and putting the opposition under pressure on their first touch. There were so many occasions where either Fred intercepted the ball or McTominay put a quick foot in to make the opposition uncomfortable.
Just goes to show Bruno doesn't have to run as much with McT/Fred. I read he'd completed over 12km in the Brighton game.

Fitchett

Tremendous performance all round and a thoroughly deserved win. Should have won by more, but a superb 3 points at the home of the top seeded team. Everyone performed well, with only Martial below par for me. Nice to know that we now have more than 11 players capable of delivering in a big match.

Big shout for the Spanish ref too, he was excellent, fair and consistent, allowed the game to flow.

adamwest

Delightful evening. Onwards we go with confidence and a real showing of class

Houdini

Paris is red! Predicted the scoreline but the performance was a surprise.

AndyMUFC

Fantastic performance and pleased we won it in the end because it was deserved.

De Gea had his best game in some time, Wan-Bissaka and Tuanzebe dealt with Neymar and Mbappe superbly and the McFred partnership is perfect in games like this.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Fair point about how quiet this thread is after a historic win. Well done Ole, the players, backroom

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
Pogba turned up today. Guess being dropped to the bench has done him good. Bissaka was massive. Worried about Martial's performances recently. Even Scholes isn't convinced. Apparently.

Obiorahking_

I'm very happy. Thats all I want to say. Also that shift in formation is something we need to run more often.

Pav1878

Fantastic team performance, and credit to Ole, he got the tactics spot on.

Lots of positives to take from this game.
Yes PSG had injuries but so did we, and I feel psg were lucky cavani wasnt ready yet after some of those telles crosses!

United fans are very happy tonight and just want the team to keep up this level of performance and intensity as Rashford said in his post match interview.

Banana Republic

Great result and a great team performance, but it's pretty evident from tonight, we still need a top class striker.
Hopefully Cavani can provide some of his old form and fill the gap until that area is sorted out.

Some being a little unfair on Martial. Not his best game but he put in some good work. Unfortunately he ended up being shackled by PSG's best defender on the night, Diallo.
Rashford gets off the hook for a great finish for the winner and he did come alive in the closing stages, but up to then he was lacklustre.. His off the ball movement has often been poor, but tonight he was pants for most of the first two thirds of the match. Hopefully the goal will spur him on and bring back some of that drive he's shown in the past.

MZX7

I didnt expect that! Everyone was 8/10 at least. Tuanzebe AWB were fantastic. Fred drove the midfield from the back. Great winning goal. Well done to the lads!
Except Martial. I'll probably rate him a 6. That too 'cos he won us a penalty.

Also, we should have scored off of a few of those curlers Telles sent in from corner kicks. 1 point lost for that hypothetical every team member. Except Martial, who did get one. At the other end.

MZX7

It was refreshing to see Scot McT being consistently good in the two starts he has had this season. Hope this gives a boost to his confidence.

Glorio

Well done guys. Would have been really annoyed if we drew that. PSG were there for the taking. Marcus Rashford MBE, the nightmare of Paris. Come on
You forgot Doctor. So basically Doctor Marcus Rashford MBE ;)

Achilles McCool

Pogba turned up today. Guess being dropped to the bench has done him good.
I’ve been a critic of Pogba, but he had a terrific impact in the match and showed his quality! No question he CAN play like this every week; the question for me is WILL he? I love being proved wrong

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Chuffed with that performance. Well done to Olé and all the lads. A thoroughly deserved win.
For me the big plusses were,
DDG back to good form.
Excellent display from Tuanzebe. Really good.
AWB very good as we're Shaw & Lindelof.
Telles impressive. He can cross.
Fred very good in the 2nd half.
Class winner and a deserved winner for Rashy.
The sheer nerve and cool of Bruno rolling in the re-taken penalty. He's a gem.
Now keep it going lads. Beat Chelsea!

Ole masterclass. Tactics absolutely spot on. I was calling him negative before the game but i’m happy to admit I was wrong. What a performance. De Gea, AWB, Tuanzebe, Telles, Fred all marvellous. Bruno is a real leader. Shaw much better at LCB.

It wasn’t a hit & run like the 2019 game, we were the better team & couldn’t easily win 3 or 4-1.
Good. Your negativity is frustrating. Glad you are enjoying tonight’s win.

Achilles McCool

Great result and a great team performance, but it's pretty evident from tonight, we still need a top class striker.
Hopefully Cavani can provide some of his old form and fill the gap until that area is sorted out.
Greenwood would’ve been licking his lips at that PSG defensive display.
Hopefully Mason will get some chances up top in the league while Tony is suspended!

El Zoido

That was fantastic, still buzzing. Wasn’t even a peak performance, PSG were lucky our attack wasn’t firing on all cylinders.

Fred/McT may well be our best midfield, it has more energy and balance than Matic/Pogba. Though Pogba had his best 20 minutes of the season so far. And what of VdB? Ole is spoiled for choice but I think these decisions will become clearer as the season progresses.

GiddyUp

Well done to everyone tonight, we were brilliant. My only criticism which is very very small is our football intelligence in attack. A little bit more up of that up front and some consistency and we would be devastating. Thoroughly enjoyed watching us tonight. Greenwood would have torn PSG a new arsehole tonight.

The Irish Connection

Every single player was excellent for us tonight and the tactics were spot on. Rashford is starting to get back to his pre injury form and long may it continue.

Player Ratings

7.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 523 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • PSG win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 14% PSG 3:1 Man Utd
  • 14% PSG 2:1 Man Utd