EL W Europa League Group L

Manchester United 3:0 Partizan

Post-match discussion

Thu, 07 November 2019

MrBrightside1989

Good first half, second half became a bit dull, especially after Rashford went off.

Reynoldo

Total nostalgia buzz, being able to sit back, relax and enjoy watching a United game...ah the memories

ash_86

Very good game from us. I like the front 3 of Rashford, Martial and Greenwood. Created so many chances and all 3 forwards scored.

edgecutter

Good performance and hopefully something we can carry on into the weekend. If we played like this earlier in the season and still had the same results that we have had, I would be very happy with ole to remain.

drunkmonkmeth

Supports
Toronto FC!
Nothing to get excited about

Good win some nice goals but against a terrible side.

Mike Smalling

The three forwards on the scoreboard. Clean sheet (tonight and in the EL in general). Through with two games to spare.

Not much to complain about tonight :)

RoyH1

3-0, result never in doubt. No injuries. A fine European night and a cracking goal by Martial. What’s not to like.

Shiva87

Good watch. Feels good to have enjoyed a performance. A bit flat in the end - but was expected with Lingard, Andreas and Garner on the pitch at the same time.

Lingard and Andreas didn't do anything to show that they should be a part of the future of this team

Superden

Nice to see Garner get more minutes. And not nice to read people being mean to him.

RedDevilRoshi

Job done.

Fantastic 1st half performance. Adequate 2nd half but the game was already won.

I’m happy.

He'sRaldo

The balance in central defence, midfield, and the front 3 was key, and very nice to see.

always_hoping

Job done in match and group. Into the knock out stages with two games to spare and remain the only team in this seasons Europa league to not concede a goal.

The match was very enjoyable first half, game was basically over at the break. 2nd half boring but a nice goal for Rashford. Fingers and toes crossed that McTominay isn't out injured on Sunday.

reddevil80

Very pleasing 1st half, bit dull but controlled 2nd half. 3 points and still top.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not indicative of any improvement, but a really enjoyable match nonetheless.
Hopefully we can get a result on the weekend!

Milo2035

Give Mason number 11 and we're all set.
Mata showed the importance of a playmaker tonight. We need Pogba back ASAP.

Abhinav

Great first half, stopped playing after third goal. Martial, Marcus & Greenwood really caused them problems in the first half. On the whole a positive performance.

Don’t want to be critical tonight but boy we look like a pedestrian team when we slow it down. Nothing to do with coaching, I think its a mentality and concentration issue once the players think the game is won.

Lets hope for another win against Brighton.

MonkeysMagic

Very good first half, dire second. Job was done but still a bit of intent to score more wouldn't go amiss. Hope to see the first half performance against Brighton, I can hope!

wolvored

As good a first half as Ive seen in a long time. We could have had 6. Second was what we have been used to all season. No urgency sloppy passing and that was happening when Fred was still on. Still 3 points and qualification with 2 games to play not bad. Lets hope they can play like the first half on Sunday.

soralapio

I do not understand why Ashley Young keeps getting 90 minutes game in, game out. It's a good day for him when he's just mediocre instead of being an active hindrance. Brandon Williams has looked impressive every time he has played, and I understand Ole wants to protect the lad but for feck's sake you have to give him games EVENTUALLY if you want him to develop.

Other than that, decent performance. First half was dynamite and it could've been 5-0 at the half, Rashford and Martial looked great and Greenwood threatened too. Took our foot off the gas pedal for the second half, and then the inevitable arrival of the likes of Lingard killed off the rest of United's attacking threat. I really really REALLY hope McTominay didn't mess up his ankle too bad because if he's out, United are well and truly fecked.

OohAahMartial

Nice to see Garner get more minutes. And not nice to read people being mean to him.
They did the same to McTominay. When they come into the team I am pretty sure they are under instruction just to keep it simple, keep possession, until they get over their nerves and get used to the speed and physicality of the game. Then, like Scott, they can start to express themselves more.

tomaldinho1

Much needed win. Yes, they were pretty dire but given recent struggles it was nice there was a bit more zip to our game today. These are the types of game where you see how much better we'd be if Mata was a bit more dynamic/mobile when we're playing more organised PL opposition

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We've played plenty of crap teams this season and not scored 3, so have to be happy with that.

Could have been loads more. We made them look garbo

TheReligion

Abusive
Young, Andreas, Fred still weak points for me in a future first team.

Bringing back in Pogba, Shaw (or Williams, and a new number 10 changes us dramatically for the future.

We aren't as far away as half the Caf would have you think.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Good first 60 minutes. Goals from the front trio and a clean sheet. Can't complain. 3 more EL games to equal Chelsea's all competition record of 18 unbeaten.

All eyes on the weekend now, hopefully we can start beating Premier League teams as comfortably as this one.

Pjisared

Great result against a very poor team. Couldn’t possibly play this system in the prem. Top teams would destroy us at the back.

Young was garbage as was Perrera and Lingard. Not even bench players.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alemar

Very good first 55 minutes, quite dull last 35 minutes, though - we took the foot off the gas for some reason.
All three forwards scored which is fine, although Rashford was really wasteful with his chances (still, he must be given credit for making himself available for these chances).

Ashley Young didn't play well, Maguire and Fred made one big mistake each, Garner got half an hour and was adequate, let's say. Marcos Rojo did well

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Good first half, excellent individual goals, happy to see confidence lifted a bit.

But i'm under no illusions, there was still stagnant movement ahead of the ball carrier in midfield throughout tonight. Too much sideways passing and touches on the ball. Our build-up play was again atrocious.

Let's see what our build-up is like vs a deep defence at the weekend. If we play the same failing 4231 with a No.10, i'm going to go insane.

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 252 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Partizan win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 36% Man Utd 2:0 Partizan
  • 24% Man Utd 1:0 Partizan