CL W Champions League Group H

Manchester United 5:0 RB Leipzig

Post-match discussion

Wed, 28 October 2020

DeGea

We really need to build on this. And I know people will say otherwise, but we are quite a good team when we focus. We can potentially challenge for the title (might not win it, but we can really have a good go).

We cannot feck it up next game in the league, as it is a completely different ball game. You get hustled a lot more in the league.

MiracleInMadrid

Fantastic display especially given that we rotated quite a lot. All of our strikers bar Cavani got a goal. Pogba and Bruno with assists.Clean sheet. A Cavani goal and Van de Beek assist og goal would have been the icing on the cake, but can't complain with a 5-0 win against the current top team in the Bundesliga.

Untd55

I think that is Rashford's best ever performance, considering the short time he was on. Fernandes was class when he came on and showed a massive step up.

Fred, Pogba, Wan Bissaka were all fantastic. Great performance in the second half.

fps

Can’t get down to Rashford to pick him for motm. Might go Cavani anyway.

youngrell

Thoroughly enjoyed that. Delighted for Rashford.

Sabitzer goes down as the worst substitution I’ve seen for a while.

Tony247

Never given 10/10 to anybody. First time to Rashford, and I am his vocal critique. He was absolutely sensational tonight. Bruno came and lit up the game. True playmaker he is.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I've been putting 5-0 as the predicted score for years now (when I remember), that is the first time it's ever actually proven correct.

Good performance against a current flavour of the month, good to remind everyone who we are.

Special mentions to Fred, we would not have won that first 70 minutes without him, Lindelof again, and obviously Marcus.

Jonesno.8

Pretty certain someone pressed the fast forward button on Martial, forget the goals, his pace and ambition was why we bought him. Enjoyed watching him tonight. Fred v good as was AWB. Nice to see the old us again

lex talionis

A special performance against a quality club. Could this precipitate a long run of wins in the premier league?

wolvored

When it started I though we were going to get a footballing lesson, but thats got to rank with our best wins ever. The press wrote us off saying we wouldnt get out of the group stage. 2 wins in the back to back and were home and dry. What a win!

Krits

Hahaha, what a performance. Love it. Ole got it bang on. That 2nd goal, you could literally see ole point out THAT run to Rashford before he came on. AND BANG!

We aren‘t the best team in the world but we sure ain’t fecking shit.

9 all across the board, except Shaw. He gets an 8/10 for just being lazy.

11/10 for Rashford

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Only caught the last 15mins or so but we looked good!
We looked grand in the first half until we got the goal. RB took over then for the rest of the half.

Second half much better. Bruno changed things i feel.

Josep Dowling

It was a strange game. It felt like Leipzig dominated the ball for much of the match but when you think about the saves De Gea made they didn’t create anything. Then when the subs were made we absolutely dominated.

drdoityourself

Magnificent result, what a cameo from Rashford.
Shows an actual strength in depth now, for many seasons now us going two goals up the subs would mean the introduction of non-creative squad players on as substitutes and the game would fizzle out.

Andi Latte

What can I say, a great european night at OT again.

Gotta love the negativity in the Match Day thread at halftime :D For the record, I rate Nagelsmann and I don't rate Ole that much, but today, the latter schooled everybodys darling. Leipzig were pretty mediocre overall, didn't really create anything and the fabled Upamecano-Konate central defense conceded 5! goals.

Also our squad depth seems pretty decent all of a sudden.

Great performance, Rashford of course MotM, but can't really fault anyone tonight.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sir Marcus Rashford

That is all.

I’m high on Nagelsmann but his 2nd half plan of going all out attack at 0-1 down with half an hour left against one of the best counter attack teams in the world was terrible.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Think we let them press themselves out in the first half. They created nothing. So happy with that, then second half we went in for the kill. Happy with everybody.

Rolaholic

Would it be strange to say that I enjoyed that victory even more than Paris last week?

What a comprehensive and dominant performance and at home for once! Been far too long.

Squad selection and tactics were spot on from the offset and my mouth is watering at the prospect of playing the diamond more regularly given the personnel we have at our disposal this season...

Irwin99

:eek: Very good performance. RB have good technical quality at times but absolutely no cutting edge and our defence just shut them out. Then came the counter attack blitz.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
OMG! What a result!! I thought we were tad worse compared to PSG game but quality of opposition attackers too was worse than vs PSG and they weren't creating much. Fred passing frustrated me and kept thinking for most of the match how great it would be if Fred could pass. Then Sir Marcus arrived on scene and changed the whole game :drool:

Member 101269

Bursting Rashford bubble will be quiet for a awhile.

An enjoyable performance in the second half..

Ludens the Red

Gave them way too much respect that first half and it was kinda annoying. They were wide open enough for us to play our game and we did that second half. So so much better. Must have been a solid team talk.

Robbie Boy

Brilliant performance from start to finish and Ole got it spot on. Delighted for Rashford and great to see Martial and Greenwood with goals too. Hopefully we see Greenwood back in the starting lineup now with James well and truly banished.

Man of the Match

Marcus Rashford image Marcus Rashford 81% of 440 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 447 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • RB Leipzig win
  • Draw