CL W Champions League Group H

Manchester United 5:0 RB Leipzig

Post-match discussion

Wed, 28 October 2020

RoyH1

What an immensely satisfying last 25 minutes. Loved it. Glad we got a result like that against the Bundesliga leaders.

Chairman Steve

That is not the score line I was expecting. Thought we were going to be professional about it and hold on to the 1-0 which would have still been a good result.

Squad depth being strengthened has certainly helped. Hopefully this is a positive turning point for OGS in that he can now rotate and be more confident in bringing guys off the bench... especially when you can sub in Rashford, Bruno and Cavani like tonight.

Great way to pick up a first home win of the season too. I‘d have absolutely taken 2 wins and a draw playing Chelsea, Leipzig and PSG in a row... now we got Arsenal, Everton and Istanbul left in this nightmare gauntlet run of games.

Rolaholic

Beyond excited at the prospect of playing the diamond against quality opposition this season.

It allows our midfielders to play in the areas of the pitch they're most comfortable and effective in while allowing us to play 2 up front and have some legitimate super sub type quality on the bench.

Such a great feeling finally having actual squad depth for a change after all these years

big rons sovereign

Scummiest team I've seen in a long while. Saying that, the ref didn't help.
They deserved a pasting for their shitty behaviour.
Left work at 1-0, missed everything :rolleyes:

PitTon

- Pogba: he is playing much better when he is not in the double pivot, on his familiar left side. He lost possession when he plays in the middle but that doesn't happen whenever he plays on the left. His defensive work and his supports to attack look " natural" too. Happy for him as he is quality.
- Martial is obviously not having a good form and his decisions sometimes are not good. But there is no doubt that everytime when he suddenly starts running with the ball, he causes trouble and you can feel the defenders scared. Trust to get into form and make better decisions.
- Shaw looked tired, needs a rest before he got injured.
- I believe Ole and staffs have prepared really hard for this period about formations, who play and so far it works. I hope they realize now the importance of workrate and legs needed from the midfielders. Matic for all his experience must be used probably to get effectiveness.
- The formations used through this match are perfect. When we playing 4231 late in the match with Fred McT, Bruno Martial Rashford and Cavani, that is a good balanced formation too.
- We worried about the workrate from RBL, but today seeing our players (especially Fred) chased, harassed and ran endlessly even the last seconds makes me happy.
- Last but not least is the concentration and believe the team have right now. You can see we are not panic, the players look confident (especially Lindelof). There is self believe in the whole team. They look calm and patience.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Ive been a major critic of rashford before

It seems he may be making a serious run into becoming world class. He always have got the potential we know that

I was expecting a tough game against a very good team, to be fair they are a very good team (though I didn't like there tactics looking for a foul every other tackle). However this was an awesome performance from the lads. Fair play to Ole and all the team.

Rashford what a man. I also like the fact we have a stronger bench than last season.

5-0 - I'm going to have a few more cans and enjoy the feeling. They say it's not good to gloat. Well I don't care. Tonight's for celebration, tomorrow's for getting rid of the expected hangover (thankfully I'm off). Onwards and upwards...

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Scummiest team I've seen in a long while. Saying that, the ref didn't help.
They deserved a pasting for their shitty behaviour.
Left work at 1-0, missed everything :rolleyes:
Very annoying alright. They kept going down for harmless stuff. Ref was trigger happy with the whistle as well. Although he did not blow for Rashfords goal which was really good.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Just wallowing in the satisfaction of those last 20 minutes. Love it!
We look fast, hungry and confident again.
Keep it up lads!

Foxbatt

It was a tough game till we scored the second goal. The first half after we scored we were horrible. But once we got the second goal then we were comfortable.

MrBest

Maybe our summer business was good. DVB has made Bruno and Pogba think twice about thwre positions in the club, Shaw has definitely increased his game since Telles came in, Lindeloff and Maguire look entirely like new players since Tuanzabe came back and De Gea has improved a lot in his overall form. On paper we can beat anyone, and today proved that. Screw the negative nonesense we saw at Chelsea, what we did today and at PsG is the way forward. Attack until the end. Great performance by the lads, Ole gets a 9 out of 10 for team management today, much better than his role at Chelsea.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Maybe our summer business was good. DVB has made Bruno and Pogba think twice about thwre positions in the club, Shaw has definitely increased his game since Telles came in, Lindeloff and Maguire look entirely like new players since Tuanzabe came back and De Gea has improved a lot in his overall form. On paper we can beat anyone, and today proved that. Screw the negative nonesense we saw at Chelsea, what we did today and at PsG is the way forward. Attack until the end. Great performance by the lads, Ole gets a 9 out of 10 for team management today, much better than his role at Chelsea.
Starting Dan James was a big mistake. Was he even on the bench tonight?

Handré1990

Haven’t felt this good about my true passion in a long time. Something magical about smashing Europe’s elite under the floodlights at Old Trafford! :drool: We were much better than them. ‘Impressive’ just doesn’t cover it this time!:D Not one bad preformance.

redshaw

Great match by our players. We responded very well to beat the energy they had and raised our quick passing and we were very enterprising and lethal up front.

Very pleasing their hard press ie kicking shins, dragging players to the ground and them going ground and holding their faces over nothing reaped no rewards.

Valencia Shin Crosses

That was awesome. Maybe people will finally stop questioning whether Ole knows how to come up with "tactics". I want to see the diamond again this weekend with McT in for Matic and Bruno in for DvB. We are so much fun to watch in transition. This squads main flaws at this point are the lack of composure on the ball at the back, and a true do it all defensive mid. When we manage to sew those things up, I think we start to really challenge for titles.

Our midfield options are some of the best in Europe, of that I have no doubt.

Tapori

I watched the whole PSG v Istanbul game before. Istanbul were fantastic but just a little rash in front of goal. To fair to them, keylor navas was very good so they did work PSG hard. We have a very tough group. This group is not decided yet and we could still struggle. Almost all of our remaining 4 games will be hard.
This

Tormentor

I predicted 2:0 for us but I was off for 3 goals only, not bad at all.

Fred gave his heart and soul, his energy is unbelievable. Can't wait for Cavani to score his first goal and many after that. Rashford will remember this hat trick for the rest of his life, fantastic performance!!!

We have a pretty good depth now and just need to stay consistent.

GGMU!!!

Man of the Match

Marcus Rashford image Marcus Rashford 81% of 440 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 447 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • RB Leipzig win